AFL 2007 talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry about the review FH...quite poorly written if you ask me and as others have pointed out no news of giant pieces of functionality this forum has been crying out for.

Cant believe I just read that.

Well actually I can, its a purple pansy supporter.

Glass would be in the top three best players at West Coast at the moment.

Don't get all angry and start name calling:mad:

In real life Glass is a better player than Rutten and is in the top 5 West Coast players. When I was talking about my opinion I was saying that IR Gurus probably ranked Rutten higher in categories than Glass and that is why Rutten has a higher overall ranking.

You see:mad:

I will keep buying these games as long as they continue to improve which is what has happen in the past few years. I liked 2006 so it sound like i'll love 2007. You guys are doing a great job at IR Gurus keep it up. :thumbsu:

Don't get all angry and start name calling:mad:

In real life Glass is a better player than Rutten and is in the top 5 West Coast players. When I was talking about my opinion I was saying that IR Gurus probably ranked Rutten higher in categories than Glass and that is why Rutten has a higher overall ranking.

You see:mad:

Errr, your the one who seems to be getting angry mate.:thumbsu:

Just cos I called you a purple pansy people eater. Toughen up:)

FH, does choosing vice captain and captain have any effect on the gameplay

Have you played a PS2 game on your PS3 yet with the emulator?

My mate has a PS3 and he has played PES6 every now and then, said it was jumpy for the first 10-15minutes (game time) yet when we played two player it was fine.

The only game Ive tried (ironically enough) was AFL 2006, it ran ok but froze in the third qtr. Then for about 10 mins it proceeded to play out every sound clip on the disk for some reason. I found this rather entertaining, Dennis was going skitz! All his jokes in a row, i voice recorded some of them on my phone lol.. To be fair though, my AFL 2006 disk is hella scratched. Even though I didnt play it all that much.

Have you played a PS2 game on your PS3 yet with the emulator?

My mate has a PS3 and he has played PES6 every now and then, said it was jumpy for the first 10-15minutes (game time) yet when we played two player it was fine.
B-Rock said:
The only game Ive tried (ironically enough) was AFL 2006, it ran ok but froze in the third qtr. Then for about 10 mins it proceeded to play out every sound clip on the disk for some reason. I found this rather entertaining, Dennis was going skitz! All his jokes in a row, i voice recorded some of them on my phone lol.. To be fair though, my AFL 2006 disk is hella scratched. Even though I didnt play it all that much.
I have played AFL 2006 and it works 99% fine for me, the 1% would be that it freezes up for a half a second every now and then, but I dont mind that.

I have played a few other games on my PS3 and the only one that doesn't work perfectly is NBA 2k7(PS2) but it is still playable, just has what looks like the sun shining on every player, I am going to guess that AFL 2007 will work fine so that is why I will be getting it when it comes out.

FH, does choosing vice captain and captain have any effect on the gameplay

In the design we had the Captain and Vice-Captain receiving bonus points towards their ranking for the following reasons;

Captain would receive a bonus 5pts for winning the toss.
Vice-Captain would receive a bonus 5pts for winning the toss as acting captain.

Not sure whether they made it into the game in the end or not. We wanted to add 'some' importance to the role other than being the player who shows up at the coin toss.

I wouldn't worry about the review FH...quite poorly written if you ask me and as others have pointed out no news of giant pieces of functionality this forum has been crying out for.

Nah all's fine. There's been quite a debate on PALGN and I took the opportunity to discuss the comments I made here. I think we've agreed to disagree in a number of areas and we're leaving it at that. Time to move on. :thumbsu:

Oh and I've inherited a new nickname there of Angry Boy which I found kinda funny haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha just read that Angry Boy thing :p

But serious FH, I'll wait until the game comes out to judge myself.

I think though: Do you remember the video before AFL Live 2004? If not, visit your website (http://www.irgurus.com :p) and have a look at the AFL Premiership Edition box in the top right.

THAT is what you should be aiming for graphics-wise.

Hop to it ;)

Oh and stadiums are fine as they are, just get the player models sorted, then animations. But of course gameplay comes first.

Try playing Rugby League 2 or Rugby 06. There are some things that might be helpful to you graphics wise (RL2 on a similar budget to you, similar company) and RL06 (engine, nice touches).

MG

P.S Don't give up mate. I believe IR Gurus has the ability to produce good AFL games and you are on the right track. The future is bright ("in a few hours the sun will rise!" = random YGO Abridged Series reference).

MG

i will probally still buy the game anyway because i don't care what i play, i just want to play a decent footy game.....but if this is shit ( hopefully not) then i got something to play for a couple of months :D

hopefully.......we should be able to, but if not, after what....6 years + of making afl games, they couldnt seem to put in the coin toss to choose which way to go. If they don't, i think thats saaaaaaaaad:D

same as above, no way am i buying this game unless EVERYONE says its awesome

As you can tell from the reviews, not 'EVERYONE' is going to like it...
Then again I prefer FIFA over PES, whereas others say the opposite...so there are always going to be people who like and dislike games....it'll never be universal.
I'd suggest that you hire the game from somewhere first and give it a red-hot go (play a fair bit in Career Mode, Missions etc...). If you don't like it, don't buy it....If you do, buy it....
Don't just go on what other people say about the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back