AFL 2014 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

well considering walker, betts and podsiadly didnt play
which meant lynch and jenkins played out of position

It is an obvious statement. No one in their right mind would choose your forward line over ours

would you choose petrie over walker? not on your life
would you choose tarrant over jenkins/podsiadly? not a chance
lynch and black? lynch averages top 5 marks in the afl, and around 20 touches. Black 13 touches and 4 marks.
Thomas has betts covered
And we roll dangerfield through our forward line also

It isnt even a question if our forward line is better than yours, melbourne almost has a better forward line than norfs
You are a fool! Our forward lines are pretty even. I would choose ours tho, easily. Black is going to be far superior than Lynch. That hack couldn't get a a game at StK FFS. Thomas way better than Betts. Tarrant still has improvement.
Defence is no contest. Ours is way better. Rutten is practically finished. Otten is a *******.
Our midfield will soon leave yours in our wake. Anyway, you cheat, so who cares!

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Geelong
5. Collingwood
6. Essendon
7. North Melbourne
8. Richmond
9. Port Adelaide
10. Carlton
11. Adelaide
12. West Coast Eagles
13. Gold Coast Suns
14. Brisbane Lions
15. Western Bulldogs
16. St Kilda (Wouldn't surprise me if we finish last).
17. Melbourne
18. GWS

1-12 i think any can make finals i also wouldn't be surprised if Suns or Lions finish higher.

You are a fool! Our forward lines are pretty even. I would choose ours tho, easily. Black is going to be far superior than Lynch. That hack couldn't get a a game at StK FFS. Thomas way better than Betts. Tarrant still has improvement.
Defence is no contest. Ours is way better. Rutten is practically finished. Otten is a *******.
Our midfield will soon leave yours in our wake. Anyway, you cheat, so who cares!

Adelaide had two rising star nominees this year in their backline (Brown and Laird) and two in their midfield (Crouch and Grigg), so one might reasonably hope for improvement next year in both of these areas. CHB Talia is the rising star winner from last year. Hartigan is being groomed to replace Rutten. Smith had a good year in a poorly-performed side, so he should either be able to continue to create that pacy run from the half back line, or perhaps move to the midfield or wing if Reilly can re-find his form from 2012.

With losing both Tippett and Walker from last year the forward line this year was always going to be in trouble, and this was further compounded with poor form from Porplyzia, Callinan and Petrenko. Nevertheless, despite having a terrible year, the Crows still managed to beat North twice:

http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=6318&Code=07764d95a39e365af2ed2da346b42257
http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=6408&Code=00279570f2c11e6158a7da951886f5fc

Next year one might reasonably hope that Betts alone up forward can produce more than the output of all three of Porplyzia, Callinan and Petrenko managed this year, hopefully Grigg will take the next step and provide more than what the Crows loose in Vince, Walker should be back, Crouch might be able to take that next step and appear more consistently in the best players, Podra might provide the modest contribution that Tippett provided in 2012, and maybe the Crows will get a decent number of games from Henderson.

All things considered, I think there is more upside to the Crows than North.

Brisbane finishing bottom 4 or even wooden spoon in most of these ladders. Keep wishing that people, ain't gonna happen. :thumbsu:

It's time for the Lions to roar back into the top 8.

Just like last year :rolleyes:

Yes you finish 3rd make the GF and choke the shit out of yourself in said GF, so that automatically gives you a certain top 2 finish the next year right ? The temerity of some people.:rolleyes:
Big talk coming from a man whose username is Cinderella. Did you type that aggressive comment with your skirt on, nancy?

Top 4 from
Fremantle - good side, but will get a tougher draw
Hawks - will not miss Buddy much
Sydney - If Buddy is a help and not a hindrance
Geelong
North - if they can learn to win close ones
Coll

Bottom half of the 8 from
2 of the above +
Eagles - true form somewhere between 2012 and 2013
Adelaide
Port - just do not see them as good as last year made it look
Richmond
Essendon - depending on circumstances

Missing out
3 of the above + the rest

As for BJ, I only want it if I get to be one of the first 5

Adelaide had two rising star nominees this year in their backline (Brown and Laird) and two in their midfield (Crouch and Grigg), so one might reasonably hope for improvement next year in both of these areas. CHB Talia is the rising star winner from last year. Hartigan is being groomed to replace Rutten. Smith had a good year in a poorly-performed side, so he should either be able to continue to create that pacy run from the half back line, or perhaps move to the midfield or wing if Reilly can re-find his form from 2012.

With losing both Tippett and Walker from last year the forward line this year was always going to be in trouble, and this was further compounded with poor form from Porplyzia, Callinan and Petrenko. Nevertheless, despite having a terrible year, the Crows still managed to beat North twice:

http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=6318&Code=07764d95a39e365af2ed2da346b42257
http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=6408&Code=00279570f2c11e6158a7da951886f5fc

Next year one might reasonably hope that Betts alone up forward can produce more than the output of all three of Porplyzia, Callinan and Petrenko managed this year, hopefully Grigg will take the next step and provide more than what the Crows loose in Vince, Walker should be back, Crouch might be able to take that next step and appear more consistently in the best players, Podra might provide the modest contribution that Tippett provided in 2012, and maybe the Crows will get a decent number of games from Henderson.

All things considered, I think there is more upside to the Crows than North.

With losing both Tippett and Walker from last year the forward line this year was always going to be in trouble, and this was further compounded with poor form from Porplyzia, Callinan and Petrenko. Nevertheless, despite having a terrible year, the Crows still managed to beat North twice...... Yet we finished higher on the ladder.... Go figure!!
Lots of "hopes" and "mights" in your post. I think our upside is infinitely higher than yours given Ziebel, Cunnington, Mullet, Atley,Tarrant,Black,Daw, McKenzie, McMillan, Harper are still very young and relatively inexperienced. Add to that the additions in to our coaching staff and it's bring on 2014.

With losing both Tippett and Walker from last year the forward line this year was always going to be in trouble, and this was further compounded with poor form from Porplyzia, Callinan and Petrenko. Nevertheless, despite having a terrible year, the Crows still managed to beat North twice...... Yet we finished higher on the ladder.... Go figure!!
Lots of "hopes" and "mights" in your post. I think our upside is infinitely higher than yours given Ziebel, Cunnington, Mullet, Atley,Tarrant,Black,Daw, McKenzie, McMillan, Harper are still very young and relatively inexperienced. Add to that the additions in to our coaching staff and it's bring on 2014.
LOL!

With losing both Tippett and Walker from last year the forward line this year was always going to be in trouble, and this was further compounded with poor form from Porplyzia, Callinan and Petrenko. Nevertheless, despite having a terrible year, the Crows still managed to beat North twice......

Yet we finished higher on the ladder.... Go figure!!
HAHA I LOL'D

ziebell is already a gun, wont get much better
Cunnington is slower than an iceberg
atley and brodie smith play the same position, smith is far superior
Tarrant is the definition of a spud
Black will be good, but really is just an athlete that runs around like a headless chook
Mckenzie, Mcmillan and harper lol
and my personal favourite, MAJAK, the guy couldnt draw a football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle - Solid all over the park, very hard to beat
Hawthorn - Losing Franklin wont hurt them much. Thereabouts as usual
Adelaide - Many quality senior players returning, plethora of young guns improving
North - If they learn how to close out a game will be right up there. Quality side
Richmond - Similar to this year.
Collingwood - Not top 4 material. Need more quality outside the midfield
Sydney - No longer have their signature depth. If injuries strike expect them to slide
Geelong - Losing a lot of elder statesman. Such a quality side but I feel they will drop this year.

Carlton - Battling for the bottom half of the 8. Lack in KPFs
Port Adelaide - Good young side but unlikely to get a charmed injury run again and a tougher draw
West Coast - Midfield is a bit second rate. Hard to judge at this stage
Gold Coast - Will improve slightly but not quite there yet.
Western Bulldogs - Could see making the 8. Depending in draw and injuries showed good signs
Brisbane - Just dont have the quality outside the top 4 or so in the mids.
Essendon - Off field dramas will hurt
Melbourne - Decent recruiting but still ordinary
GWS - Young and inexperienced
St Kilda - Bit of a changing of the guard. Wont be very competitive.

Is there an Essendon fan that doesn't have their team finishing in the top 4?

More than there are Richmond fans that don't have their team finishing in the top four.....

Newflash. Internet forum awash with supporters optimistic about their teams fortunes.........

#godons

Hawthorn won't be sliding down the ladder anytime soon. For some of the posters on here who keep suggesting the Hawks have no youngsters coming threw, go and take a look at our VFL side that won the flag this year and tell me there isn't some talent down there, not to mention we are one of the best recruiting teams in the competition. We get players into our footy club who fill a need in our starting team that can help us sustain our success. Whether we can win it again remains to be seen, but we will be right in the mix.

Reckon hunger, an aging list and a mentally unstable coach might derail Hawks season a bit. Still be a good side, but I wouldn't be putting my money on them for the flag.

Big talk coming from a man whose username is Cinderella. Did you type that aggressive comment with your skirt on, nancy?

No aggression in that comment just fact.:rolleyes: Great comeback btw when the only thing you have to hang your hat on is a persons username. Nancy ? Skirt ? Females not aloud to post here ? Facts can sting can't they ?

HAHA I LOL'D

ziebell is already a gun, wont get much better
Cunnington is slower than an iceberg
atley and brodie smith play the same position, smith is far superior
Tarrant is the definition of a spud
Black will be good, but really is just an athlete that runs around like a headless chook
Mckenzie, Mcmillan and harper lol
and my personal favourite, MAJAK, the guy couldnt draw a football
Well done, just proved you know absolutely SFA about football. Now go away and live in your small minded fantasy land!

15. West Coast - New coach, player retirements not a lot to look forward to accept they get sweet sweet draft picks for 2014
Pure BS right there. We have plenty to look forward to, it's a new era for us. We've had a complete clean-out of our entire coaching staff, bar one or two. A lot of our supporters can't remember the last West Coast side not coached by Woosha. I'm as exited for next season as I've ever been, and so is most of our board. Whether we finish top four or bottom four, we're going to find out a lot about our entire club.

Simpson has already stated that he's going to look to improve what many of us supporters have been calling for for years - add speed and size to the midfield and have a strong focus on picking players who can play multiple positions. I'm not saying he's a miracle worker, but I think he's without a doubt the right man for the job.

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. North Melbourne
4. Carlton
5. Adelaide
6. Geelong
7. Port Adelaide
8. Gold Coast
----------------
9. Richmond
10. Bulldogs
11. Sydney