Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Tigers v Swans Sat April 3rd 1:45pm AEDT (MCG) Tigercast Link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans were miles better today no doubt but we were flat from the very start. Dropped marks, fumbles, shanked kicks... very much like how we played in rd 3 last year against the hawks. Take nothing away from the swans as they are probably the hottest team in the comp at the minute and I think they’ll play finals but we’ll get much better from what we dished up today.
You'll have to get better, like Lions, Cats.

Only going to risk Buddy for games they believe they have a realistic chance of winning it seems..

Guess thats why we have decided to give Houli and Vlastuin another week as Swans won't be as dynamic as last week down forward without Buddy..

Bit of a shame they don't play him, Certainly would add to the ratings and crowd getting to watch Dusty and Buddy at the G..

This

Absolutely

I highly doubt any of your players let alone your young kids would have had the opportunity to have played against a 3 time premiership team thats full of stars and AFL Royalty such as Dustin Martin.

Lets just hope they dont star gaze and actually participate in the game
This

When was the last time the reigning Premier lost to last years 16th placed side?
I was curious about this too and busted out ye olde program to search for it, results are extremely discouraging:
  • '99 crows twice to soon to be contending lions
  • '00 kangas to soon to be contending pies
  • '05 port to still going nowhere tigers
  • '15 hawks to soon to be contending giants
  • '17 dogs to going nowhere dockers
The only home losses were crows and kangas.
The only 20+ point losses were crows and port (must've been a nice game to see at the time).

Hawks the only ones to contend in their year.

*edit: well, kangas did have a top 4 finish and port would reach a gf soon enough but still

I was curious about this too and busted out ye olde program to search for it, results are extremely discouraging:
  • '99 crows twice to soon to be contending lions
  • '00 kangas to soon to be contending pies
  • '05 port to still going nowhere tigers
  • '15 hawks to soon to be contending giants
  • '17 dogs to going nowhere dockers
The only home losses were crows and kangas.
The only 20+ point losses were crows and port (must've been a nice game to see at the time).

Hawks the only ones to contend in their year.

*edit: well, kangas did have a top 4 finish and port would reach a gf soon enough but still
The Swans aren't going to be a 16th placed side, so I reckon we went down today to a 2021 finalist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans look good ATM, but i still don't think they will play finals... Usually teams that have got a lot of youth start well, but decline at the back end of the season...
Perhaps. Though usually teams that have a lot of youth that start really well in a game against the best in the comp, decline in the second half. That didn't happen. I'm cautiously optimistic. Which is extremely unlike me as I'm often pessimistic

Swans look good ATM, but i still don't think they will play finals... Usually teams that have got a lot of youth start well, but decline at the back end of the season...
This is probably a fair comment.
We also have almost no injuries and most of the team were well rested last year lol.

Then again, AFL is a different beast this year and who knows what will happen.

captain blood 17 can't wait for you to wake up at 5am tomorrow and come through this thread liking all the hindsight posts :thumbsu: have a good sleep old fella

It wasn‘t all bad yesterday. Got smashed on tequila, had a swim and won money on the ponies. What’s a good page to start on? And i will give you the first like. ❤️❤️❤️

I am sending an e mail to Focus on Footy today. Looks like we need to #sackdimma again and retire at least 6 blokes. I’m not crying as i type this, it’s just dirt in my eye okay......

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Tigers v Swans Sat April 3rd 1:45pm AEDT (MCG) Tigercast Link in OP!

Back