Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Tigers v Swans Sat April 3rd 1:45pm AEDT (MCG) Tigercast Link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Vic clubs are so against playing at the G, why TF did the AFL sign up for 100 years of grand finals at the G?

Because *the AFL* makes a lot of money out of it, and they dictate where clubs play.

No matter what the conspiracy theorists say, Vic clubs had little, if anything, to do with it.

Expecting Richmond to win this by around 30 points in a high scoring contest.

For the Sydney young guns it will be a good trial to come up against a team with a solid system. Richmond are masters at defending their inside 50, so Sydney will need to pick their targets, while still maintaining their new game style.

One of those games where a 30 point loss could still be a positive for the Swans

Expecting Richmond to win this by around 30 points in a high scoring contest.

For the Sydney young guns it will be a good trial to come up against a team with a solid system. Richmond are masters at defending their inside 50, so Sydney will need to pick their targets, while still maintaining their new game style.

One of those games where a 30 point loss could still be a positive for the Swans

I think it is important for the Swans to play the same game style we did in rounds 1 and 2. We should be playing with the aim of scoring over 100 points. Only then are we even a chance at winning. If we aim to score 70 points but try and keep Richmond to 60 points then we are guaranteed to lose.

Magnificent example of the AFL's "equalisation" measures they tried to sell to the masses.
It was all utter horseshit.

They got around a table after the GF and decided to hand the Premiers a start against 11th, 15th, and 16th, all at home of course.

They get to the 16th place club and make them start a season against 2nd and the Premiers in their first 3 games...played in 3 different states.

Beautiful the way they just hand out a guaranteed finals appearance to some clubs isnt it.

Lying flogs.

I think it is important for the Swans to play the same game style we did in rounds 1 and 2. We should be playing with the aim of scoring over 100 points. Only then are we even a chance at winning. If we aim to score 70 points but try and keep Richmond to 60 points then we are guaranteed to lose.

I would love to see us score 100+ in this game. In my mind Richmond can contain us to around 80 points.
Longmire has committed to this game style now and he wont change it for one game. It's been a work in progress since mid way through last year and a welcome change

It's great Swans are relevant again. They behaved like a toddler throwing food around after the 16 gf disaster, loosing to a prennial under achiever despite loving attention from the AFL. And it's taken till now to see them in a positive light. The footy they play is fantastic, antiSwan-like even. Paul Roos would be very upset with this style of footy.

The Tiges on the other hand have started slowly form wise, they look slightly off. This will be a danger game. I think the new rules close the gap between Tiges and the rest of the comp. It is like the contraCOLA affect for the Tiges. They should win a close game, though Swans could catch them on the hop, a bit like a cold boxer getting wiped out early.

Surprised the swans are beyond $5. They have been impressive in the first two games. I would’ve had them around $3
Richmond were at -20ish and now you can get the Swans +30.5

Not a bad headstart considering the Tigers don't always smash teams when they win and the Swans have been very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh boy that sun is brutal at the g. Warm one. Let's go Sydney.
Its very hot and blustery - should favour the fitter side. I'm not sure who that is tho - is it the younger Sydney players coming off a good pre-season and probably peaking physically or the the more seasoned players coming off a shorter pre-season?

Would feel comfortable if Tiges can get a bit of break and play some tempo style footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Tigers v Swans Sat April 3rd 1:45pm AEDT (MCG) Tigercast Link in OP!

Back