Autopsy AFL 2022 First Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies Sat Sept 3rd 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 52 21.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 89 36.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge fail if cats don’t get the W here. 6th top 4 finish since 2016. Only QF win was an Isaac Smith after the siren behind. Laughable record! Fix it and win !

My biggest concern is the 4 players Geelong will be protecting in the last 5 minutes for a preliminary final in two weeks. Danger, Joel, Jezza & Hawk?
You better hope the Cats get up after all the carrying on you have done the last 2 weeks. I'm sure a few Pies posters will be coming hard for you if they dont :) .

You better hope the Cats get up after all the carrying on you have done the last 2 weeks. I'm sure a few Pies posters will be coming hard for you if they dont :) .
Honestly not worried one little bit. I’m sure all the ones who “wanted to sit with me” and can’t wait to till we choke like always will be around after the game. Considering they are just as confident and boastful as me, just without the balls to say it first.

I have two tickets for today (but not together, so could go standing room) for anyone missing out. Selling at cost or best offer, preference to Cats and Pies fans. PM me if interested. Can sell one or two

Loser today does not win the premiership. Can't see either side going through the Swans in Sydney.
Yep before last night, I thought this QF was not the be all and end all especially if the loser May play Melb in the PF.

Neither side wants to play the swans at the SCG in the PF…..unless the AFL make the swans play the game at Homebush as the expected crowd is likely to be 60k plus.

My biggest concern is the 4 players Geelong will be protecting in the last 5 minutes for a preliminary final in two weeks. Danger, Joel, Jezza & Hawk?

I wouldn’t rest them too much, they might not wake back up…

Pretty simple game plan for the Pies, spread the game and burn them on the outside. I’d be more nervous but I think Fly will be the next greatest coach of his generation.

I reckon a bigger concern for you should be if the opposition get a jump on the Cats again early in another QF. A bigger concern would be if the Pies get a roll on when the game is on the line in the 2nd or 3rd. A bigger concern is if you’re only up by a few goals early in the last and Elliott gets in the mood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a bigger concern for you should be if the opposition get a jump on the Cats again early in another QF. A bigger concern would be if the Pies get a roll on when the game is on the line in the 2nd or 3rd. A bigger concern is if you’re only up by a few goals early in the last and Elliott gets in the mood.

Guess he wasn’t in a mood early on in the year when he missed an absolute sitter in the last quarter, maybe he can only do it against the middle rung sides. Geelongs last quarters are the best in the league, so if we are already up in the last. It’s over.

Honestly not worried one little bit. I’m sure all the ones who “wanted to sit with me” and can’t wait to till we choke like always will be around after the game. Considering they are just as confident and boastful as me, just without the balls to say it first.
Well if you're willing to wear it then full respect to you sir.

Will the AFL be changing the rules on staging for behind the play free kicks? Or only if a Collingwood minnow rather than Swans superstar does it? There’s an argument that Buddy turned the game with his free kick antics last night. I really hope today is a fair game, won and lost on merit alone. Oh, and not over umpired.

Guess he wasn’t in a mood early on in the year when he missed an absolute sitter in the last quarter, maybe he can only do it against the middle rung sides. Geelongs last quarters are the best in the league, so if we are already up in the last. It’s over.
We missed a few sitters that game. We were 4.11 at HT. If we play anywhere near that level again, it’ll be a very boring contest for the neautrals and a painful QF for the Cats supporters to have to endure again.

We missed a few sitters that game. We were 4.11 at HT. If we play anywhere near that level again, it’ll be a very boring contest for the neautrals and a painful QF for the Cats supporters to have to endure again.
Imagine Geelong play at their last quarter level for the whole game. What is the biggest finals win ever?

I won’t be able to share my amazing* insights in the game due to a family function and a gig at the pub but good luck both sides hope we turn on a great game.

Obviously I’m desperate for a cats win but I’ve enjoyed watching the pies this year. If they could just do the right thing and bottle it though that would be great

*shithouse

Last week I had my screenplay read out and judged by about 200 peers. I felt almost no nerves... Yet an effin' football match that I am not playing in has me sweating and nervous.

I both love and hate the fact that I am so absorbed in this ****ing thing. :sweatsmile:

Yes, the joy when your team wins is immense. But the heartache is ****ing horrible, and the worst part is you have 0 control over the outcome. 0.

You asked me what the biggest finals win ever was and I answered.

You must be nervous, you’re all over the place 🤪
Oh is that the biggest finals win? I thought you were talking about our last quarter against them a few weeks ago.

So the greatest final win in the history of our game is in a grand final.

You asked me what the biggest finals win ever was and I answered.

You must be nervous, you’re all over the place 🤪
Essendon actually got us by a lazy 130 points in the 1985 Preliminary Final. I was there that day, not a great memory.

Reckon that could be the biggest finals margin in history.

Sounds as though Collingwood are a chance to be on the receiving end of a larger winning margin than that.

Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 First Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies Sat Sept 3rd 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Back