Autopsy AFL 2024 First Qualifying Final - Swans v GWS Sat Sept 7th 3:20pm EST (SCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Draw.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That game was better than any of N.D 40 and 10 clearance games by a mile.
Well a nother paranoid & fixated Collngwood basher. Heneey played a great game today but why bring Nick Daicos into the discussion? He has now played 3 seasons & he is about 21 or 22. I would imagine that Heeney has been playing AFL football for a good 9 or 10 years & he would be about 28 or 29. So there is along way to go for Nick. Moreover coming from a Fremantle supporter whose team totally bottled it at home against Port 2 weeks ago reveals that you have almost zero credibility! Enough said.

GWS got beaten in three two-on-ones in the final five minutes. For a team so good at contested footy you can only put it down to fatigue. A number of brainless acts as well, hand balling the ball inside cost them a goal, so did letting Warner do whatever he wanted. Swans always favourites with a few goals in it, even in the last ten minutes. Not surprising or brilliant at all. Just expected.

Been watching the Swans most weeks since 1995, and that was one of the best wins I've seen from them in that period, easily top ten. No wonder the crowd was going off their chops, it felt like that rare kind of victory and warranted such a celebration. Lots of moments, lots of individual efforts, lots of stars, both sides gave a good show.

Been watching the Swans most weeks since 1995, and that was one of the best wins I've seen from them in that period, easily top ten. No wonder the crowd was going off their chops, it felt like that rare kind of victory and warranted such a celebration. Lots of moments, lots of individual efforts, lots of stars, both sides gave a good show.
Was going to say the same thing, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the SCG like that, maybe locketts point & nick davis but that’s a maybe, today felt different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game, watched the final quarter when I got home. The difference in Body language between Kingsley and Longmire was telling. And then Kingsley came to ground level for a fair bit of the last.

Less experienced coach, but he looked panicked.

Was going to say the same thing, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the SCG like that, maybe locketts point & nick davis but that’s a maybe, today felt different
yeah agreed those were memorable finishes, but a bit chancey and the standard didn’t feel quite as high. Whereas they were fortunate to get through those three, here the Giants were on top of the Swans early and they needed to be outrageous to win. Whereas the 2005 game was really awful until the Davis escape, and the 1996 game was a bit of a standard Swans final thriller escape.

The 2006 QF with O’Loughlin getting into the Eagles cheer squad was probably a good comparison point. Quality contest and statement within that rivalry, albeit away at Subi.

Rnd4 1999 where they had a comeback against the Kangas at the SCG was cool at the time. Swans were 0-3 and Kangas fell to 1-3. Looked down and out early, plus both had been up for a couple years with a few clashes and for North it was the first of several they played at the SCG in 1999-2000.

Last edited:
He (Papley) was great all game. Not huge number of possessions, but even in the first half he was able to take the few moments that presented themselves.
you could tell after he kicked a set shot that the Giant attempted to bump and thereby thwart his celebration, as that stirring up the team and crowd is like another goal in itself.

I was at the game, watched the final quarter when I got home. The difference in Body language between Kingsley and Longmire was telling. And then Kingsley came to ground level for a fair bit of the last.

Less experienced coach, but he looked panicked.
Kingsley really looked shaken that whole last quarter didn't he

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Qualifying Final - Swans v GWS Sat Sept 7th 3:20pm EST (SCG) - Teams in OP

Back