AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A South Melbourne v Fitzroy GF will have 4am queues at the MCC

I know….

Hence why I said I’m glad it’s not 7pm the day prior….which is usually what it is with Melbourne teams in it

4am is piss easy

Oscar out is disappointing for the sake of the game, but I think a combo of Fort and Daniher or Hipwood could cover it. I mean many wrote us off in 2018 without NicNat. I would say its a 50/50 with a fit Big O but now it's more like a 70/30. Swans by 25, but will be going for the Lions. It'll be unfortunate for the loser (4 in a row or b2b gf losses).

Watch the AFL milk the heck out of the Fitzroy/South Melbourne links over the next week to drum up some hype for what will be the most boring GF in the history of the game.

One team from NSW/QLD.. ok. Two teams from NSW/QLD - snoozefest.

Personally, I don't think I'll even bother watching it. My only inkling of care about this coming weekend is the Public Holiday on Friday.

Yet here you are talking about it endlessly the week prior

Should be the highest TV ratings ever for a Grand Final. The four highest Grand Final TV audiences of all time all featured the Swans. The QLD and NSW audience is dependent on the local team playing, while the traditional football states get a similar TV rating every year. Brisbane and Sydney in it means maximum ratings in all 5 capital cities, something that’s never happened before.

And as a Victorian, how bloody good is it not to see Geelong in it. Most Vics would be loving this GF matchup. I was in the AFL members tonight and all the neutrals were going for Brisbane. We love it when our local rivals miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Father/sons versus The Academy picks.

I'm going to go with the The Father/sons with Josh Dunkley for the Norm.

Watch the AFL milk the heck out of the Fitzroy/South Melbourne links over the next week to drum up some hype for what will be the most boring GF in the history of the game.

One team from NSW/QLD.. ok. Two teams from NSW/QLD - snoozefest.

Personally, I don't think I'll even bother watching it. My only inkling of care about this coming weekend is the Public Holiday on Friday.
Great now jog along.

Bad for the game not having a Victorian side in it, but it is what it is
The AFL would actually be loving it. They don't need Victorian teams to be doing well. They have those fans in their pockets already and they won't lose them.

They would be delighted to have teams from two expansion markets in the Grand Final, presenting an unusual opportunity to push the game in both the QLD and NSW markets.

Should be the highest TV ratings ever for a Grand Final. The four highest Grand Final TV audiences of all time all featured the Swans. The QLD and NSW audience is dependent on the local team playing, while the traditional football states get a similar TV rating every year. Brisbane and Sydney in it means maximum ratings in all 5 capital cities, something that’s never happened before.

And as a Victorian, how bloody good is it not to see Geelong in it. Most Vics would be loving this GF matchup. I was in the AFL members tonight and all the neutrals were going for Brisbane. We love it when our local rivals miss out.

To just say something else. Given it "should" - at least in theory - be the highest ever TV ratings for a Grand Final, it's a shame it's not at night (or at least twilight). The absolute highest audience for a game would be a night-time Brisbane Lions vs Swans Grand Final, and here we are finally presented with the dream match-up, and the audience isn't being maximised. Through nothing other than sheer stupidity, the AFL continues to hold the Grand Final in the lowest rating afternoon timeslot when the "tradition" of daytime finals for all the other finals was dispensed with years ago.

Gary Coleman What GIF
It was a response to all of the Victorians on SM crying foul on why there is no VFL teams in the GF. And all of the Victorians moving interstate crying foul of how shit the state that they moved to is after they sold up and moved there.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back