AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 49 34.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 30.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS, For next week please, AFL:
View attachment 2117827
Posted this on the footy jumpers board...
this is a nice jumper match up in theory, but not great for afternoon telly. Take for example from rd 19:
Screen Shot 2024-09-22 at 7.56.08 am.png
Unless Sydney were also to wear white shorts, which they seldom do, I just can't see the AFL allowing that mash up for their marquee match - and also can't imagine Swans not pushing for their full home kit, which they've earnt the right to wear.

I think logically it's going to be Sydney in their home kit and Brisbane in their Bears clash:
IMG_8956.jpeg
It's really not a bad look imo.

Been talking about it on the Swans board but a key to winning is curbing Harris Andrews. We need to make sure he is not taking intercept mark after intercept mark and I am more than happy to sacrifice a Swans players game if it means stopping Harris Andrews. If said player manages to stop Harris Andrews intercepting the ball it would be a massive massive win.

Been talking about it on the Swans board but a key to winning is curbing Harris Andrews. We need to make sure he is not taking intercept mark after intercept mark and I am more than happy to sacrifice a Swans players game if it means stopping Harris Andrews. If said player manages to stop Harris Andrews intercepting the ball it would be a massive massive win.

He's another one with something to prove. Imagine spending 12 months hearing about Frampton.

Yep,, stopping Andrews is massive. Who gets that job?
Jordon? probably not
Parker? went alright against Allirr, but Andrews is a different kettle of fish
Hayward? done similar jobs in the past, and done them well.. but would the Swans sacrifice his game?

I had a shot each time you wrote Harris Andrews. Now I’m feeling a lot better.

Some questionable AA selections this year and he was unlucky to miss out.

23 and sunny - should be a belter. Zac Bailey for NS.

I still think Lions are a chance, they have the Richmond vibe where they start off slow but eventually grind the opposition down to comeback and win from behind. Belief is very important in these type of games. Not sure if the chips are down that Sydney have that level of determination and grit. The little man upstairs might cook them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Lions win after the start they had to 2024, the offseason issues amongst the players, coming from outside the top 4 and being 44 points down 2.5 quarters into the semi it will be one of the craziest premiership wins in recent memory.

I think the Swans will win handily but Brisbane have shown in the last 2 finals they can go up a notch when it's needed.

If the Lions win after the start they had to 2024, the offseason issues amongst the players, coming from outside the top 4 and being 44 points down 2.5 quarters into the semi it will be one of the craziest premiership wins in recent memory.

I think the Swans will win handily but Brisbane have shown in the last 2 finals they can go up a notch when it's needed.

If Brisbane win after the start of the year they had I reckon it might be one of the all time great club performances. One fir the ages.

A grand final where you can be happy whoever wins is awesome.
Not this GF. As someone from and spent way too many years in Sydney, they're just about the most loathsome supporter base in the game (hard call between Sydney and West Coast). Absolute theatre-goers / pretenders. The fact they use cardboard to clap instead of their hands says it all.

Hope the Lions maim them Saturday.

I still think Lions are a chance, they have the Richmond vibe where they start off slow but eventually grind the opposition down to comeback and win from behind. Belief is very important in these type of games. Not sure if the chips are down that Sydney have that level of determination and grit. The little man upstairs might cook them.

You do realise the Swans have made a habit of wearing their opponents down all season and winning? It's essentially been our mantra in 2024.

Elimination final GWS: Down by over 4 goals, chased down the win
Round 23: Down at half time on Essendon
Round 22: Down by I think it was 28 points late on Collingwood, chased them down to win.
Round 16: 4 goals down on Freo, lost by a point (bad finishing hurt us here)
Round 14: Down by nearly 30 on Adelaide, won by 42
Round 13: Down by over 6 goals on Geelong, won by 30
Round 10: Down by nearly 30 on Carlton, won by 52
Round 8: Down by 20 on GWS, won by 29

Honestly think the teams maturity and don't say die attitude has been the big aspect of our group this year.

would be madness if Capper doesn’t present a GF award

Born & raised in Vic. Father in Roy reserves. Warwick in Souths U19s. Then plays for Sydney & Bears and back to Sydney and was a big marketing tool in those markets.

You do realise the Swans have made a habit of wearing their opponents down all season and winning? It's essentially been our mantra in 2024.

Elimination final GWS: Down by over 4 goals, chased down the win
Round 23: Down at half time on Essendon
Round 22: Down by I think it was 28 points late on Collingwood, chased them down to win.
Round 16: 4 goals down on Freo, lost by a point (bad finishing hurt us here)
Round 14: Down by nearly 30 on Adelaide, won by 42
Round 13: Down by over 6 goals on Geelong, won by 30
Round 10: Down by nearly 30 on Carlton, won by 52
Round 8: Down by 20 on GWS, won by 29

Honestly think the teams maturity and don't say die attitude has been the big aspect of our group this year.
I agree Bonz. Having said that, if we could be up by 30 and win by 80 this week I’d be very happy. Not sure I can handle another comeback.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back