Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 39.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

8 wins 1 draw 20 losses.
Win percentage = 29%.
Last win - 2004.
Current streak - 14 losses.

Take out the Bears record and it's 6 wins 15 losses.

The last time Brisbane beat Geelong away from QLD was so long ago, it was when coaches still wore suits on gameday.

In fact, the 2004 grand final was the last time we saw a coach lift the premiership cup while wearing a suit.

You are the only one saying those things, not me. Bit extreme. If this debate was Donald vs Kamala, you would be Donald going into ‘they’re eating our pets’ kind of territory.😂 Anyway that’s it from me in this debate. Let’s see how Saturday pans out. As you say 50/50
It wasn't so much a debate, as you saying a few silly things that I corrected and then ended with a sarcastic post to show you what you sounded like.

Glad we can move on. Let's see if a GFL quality side can beat the most talented sporting team ever assembled.

Genuine 50/50.

Zero percent possibility.

Geelong's biggest losses this season were bigger. It's worst is worse.

It's best is better.

It's mean is closest to the median.

Brisbane have more losing grand finalists.

Look no further than our first qtrs this year followed by capitulation. 60-0 in a final comes to mind

Matches aren't played on paper.

Mannagh is a no name but has been better than Rayner at half forward lately, for instance.

Likewise Humphries compared to Wilmot, not that Wilmot is a big name.

Charlie Cameron is a K-Mart version of Stengle nowadays. Likewise Bailey compared to Miers.

Jeremy Cameron got the AA selection Daniher was after. Shannon Neale has already caught up to Hipwood.

Dangerfield and Stewart offer more drive than a banged up Neale with Dunkley. Ashcroft > Bruhn and Big O > Stanley, but the rest of the midfield depth cancel each other out.

Holmes has had a better season than McLuggage.

For actual defending, Henry/Kolo/Blicavs > Andrews/broken Payne/Lester.

Most importantly, Scott >>> Fagan.
Who's Geelong's Cam Rayner? He's one of Brisbane's best.

Brisbane supporters thought collingwood were tough last year
Not a chance, but our worse is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than Geelongs worse
Please our best is the best in the comp, also our coach is the best in the game and is on the verge of being a 3 time premiership coach.

I beg to differ. Look at the teams on paper. Lions filled with more talent. Brisbanes best is better
On paper, Brisbane has slightly more talent. However, the sum of its parts aren't greater than its whole.

Where Geelong excels is that its bottom-six are probably the best in the AFL. Geelong's talent is far more evenly spread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's Geelong's Cam Rayner? He's one of Brisbane's best.

That’s 2024 AA squad Cameron Rayner to you. Would be Geelongs second best player behind the dart.

looking forward to the Big match.
need Eric the Eel to fire a little if we are to be a chance against the cats. maybe Rayner can go in hard as well , and the ball spill to Charlie.
Lions are always fun to watch anyway with Zorko and Joe doing funny things good and bad :brisbane::laughv1:

Ha! Rayner is one of the biggest draft busts this century.

He's a bottom 6 player at the GFC.

How many players made AA squad this year from Geelong? I rest my case.

He'd want to pull out his best game ever if your mob is to have any hope.

We want to see a contest on Saturday. If Rayner plays his best game ever it'll be a 15 goal thrashing. AA squad. He's certified elite.

I just hope Dayne Zorko doesn't make any of our players cry. Thankfully we don't have to face Ken Hinkley this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back