Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 19.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 39.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t do much to combat the Geelong real estate factory
You should smash us. You have heaps of stars, who do we have outside of Jezza? 34yo Danger? Stewart that we plucked from the GFL.
Holmes? Didn’t even pick him for a GF 2 years ago.
I thought SDK was our great hope. Not even sure we pick him.
Guess we will rely on a WAFL 2nds player and a guy who played for Werribee last year.

Last edited:
We want to see a contest on Saturday. If Rayner plays his best game ever it'll be a 15 goal thrashing. AA squad. He's certified elite.
It'll be a fifteen-goal thrashing if he plays his best. It'll be a seventeen sausage deficit if he's average.

Either way, it'll mean nothing as percentage doesn't count.

I hope your boys have already started thinking about Mad Monday.

This thread is an intriguing mix of Cats fans saying they aren't confident at all while also being extremely confident.

Straw poll for oppn fans - who will you be supporting for this game?

So few finals in Melbourne this year - only 3 in total - i think there could be a big crowd with plenty of neutrals. MCC sold out in 26 minutes.

We need all the support we can get haha
I get the feeling most neutrals are behind Brisbane. I certainly hope they go all the way. But I'll take anyone but Geelong.

Straw poll for oppn fans - who will you be supporting for this game?

So few finals in Melbourne this year - only 3 in total - i think there could be a big crowd with plenty of neutrals. MCC sold out in 26 minutes.

We need all the support we can get haha
I’ll be supporting the lions, father in law is mad lions ( ex Fitzroy ), also wife’s uncle played for Fitzroy in the 80,s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is an intriguing mix of Cats fans saying they aren't confident at all while also being extremely confident.
I'm in the latter camp. I genuinely think it will be an eleven-goal victory. I saw nothing that gave me any confidence that your side is any good. GWS's complete capitulation was just that; a massive choke on their part.

On any given week things can change. I thought we'd lose to Port by five goals. How wrong I was. I also thought you'd lose to GWS by about that margin. How wrong I was. If I'm proven wrong again on Saturday, so be it.

I don’t even care who wins, I just want to know which side’s best footy is better then than the other side’s best footy

Sort the answer out and get back to me please

You should smash us. You have heaps of stars, who do we have outside of Jezza? 34yo Danger? Stewart that we plucked from the GFL.
Holmes? Didn’t even pick him for a GF 2 years ago.
I thought SDK was our great hope. Not even sure we pick him.
Guess we will rely on a WAFL 2nds player and a guy who played for Werribee last year.

Who played for Werribee?

I don’t even care who wins, I just want to know which side’s best footy is better then than the other side’s best footy

Are you saying that you’ll see the cats/lions in 14 days Zev?

Quick someone forward this to Kenny.

Are you saying that you’ll see the cats/lions in 14 days Zev?

Quick someone forward this to Kenny.
full

Cats fans in this thread feeling the heat of having to face grandpa fages.
It would be nice to see Gramps smiling after facing Scott in an important match for once.

I'd classify it as elderly abuse and general cruelty if he stopped his former club getting 3 premierships in the space of 5 seasons.

When Chris had a year of gardening leave in 2023, Fages still dropped the ball! You can't help but feel Scotty is now just toying with the old man, even making half of his side finals rookies.

Brisbane need it to be them, but that's been a common theme for teams opposed to Geelong this season.

Luckily 16 sides have had off days. When they bring their best, the Cats have lost all 8 times.

It would be nice to see Gramps smiling after facing Scott in an important match for once.

I'd classify it as elderly abuse and general cruelty if he stopped his former club getting 3 premierships in the space of 5 seasons.

When Chris had a year of gardening leave in 2023, Fages still dropped the ball! You can't help but feel Scotty is now just toying with the old man, even making half of his side finals rookies.

Chris Scott looks like he’s on the same skin regime that old James Hird was on and it’s seeped into his skin.

Grandpa Fages is an enigma to Chris Scott. Nerdling Scott pouring over the data and coming up with complex strategies and playing games within games with fake selections. All the while grandpa fages just says boys you play on who you want to, just have fun and believe.

1726632992584.jpeg

Chris Scott looks like he’s on the same skin regime that old James Hird was on and it’s seeped into his skin.

Grandpa Fages is an enigma to Chris Scott. Nerdling Scott pouring over the data and coming up with complex strategies and playing games within games with fake selections. All the while grandpa fages just says boys you play on who you want to, just have fun and believe.

View attachment 2114028
and don’t forget to DANCE!

View attachment 2114028
Agree with every single point.

My only counter is that Chris Scott is Brisbane's best ever player, so imagine if he was also about to coach them to his third flag. They'd need a new term because GOAT wouldn't be sufficient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back