Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 39.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with every single point.

My only counter is that Chris Scott is Brisbane's best ever player, so imagine if he was also about to coach them to his third flag. They'd need a new term because GOAT wouldn't be sufficient.

No that’s Cam Rayner. 2024 AA squad cam rayner.

Don’t forget smug Lions fans

Oh there are certainly plenty of them. I am not one, though. Feel quite sure it'll be Geelong by about 6 goals. It's just about footy's most consistent, reliable outfit against its most sporadic, unpredictable one.

Oh there are certainly plenty of them. I am not one, though. Feel quite sure it'll be Geelong by about 6 goals. It's just about footy's most consistent, reliable outfit against its most sporadic, unpredictable one.
Well put me in the pessimistic cat group also, we have been burnt as many times as anyone in these last couple weeks of September, we have saluted, that’s true, but lost more prelims than won.

No pressure on us. Lucky to have a bit of a go after the first half of the season. Cats to lose from here. Would have to be a real capitulation for you guys.
Tell me about it man. That 4.5 point line to Geelong is free money. Imagine if Brisbane defy expectations by 5 points and win. Surely the biggest finals upset of all time?

In one breath you say Geelong supporters are smug; in the next you say their team can't lose.

Derp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just happy to be there.

All of the pressure is on those primed Lions aiming to win a first flag since 2003.

But Kingy says we don't even have tactics. Imagine getting brained by ROBBO on AFL360.

It's a clash of styles:

The greatest coach of all time dealing with Geelong's worst list in 50 years

vs

A Grandpa Simpson clone managing the most talented list ever assembled
I didn't realise Rex Hunt played for Geelong. That should count for something on Saturday night.

No pressure on us. Lucky to have a bit of a go after the first half of the season. Cats to lose from here. Would have to be a real capitulation for you guys.

No pressure? LOL Absolutely ALL the pressure is on the Lions to win.
If they fail on the big stage again the knives will start coming out again.
The list is supposedly stacked but all everyone can say about Geelong is, “wow Scott is such a great coach”
Wouldn’t that suggest people don’t think Cats list is very good (didn’t say they were intelligent), but the “experts” believe that it’s more down to coaching?
So how would the pressure be on the Cats?

And that’s all before we mention the Cats went to the mountaintop only 2 years ago, half the team are already Premiership players and the other half are a bunch of kids who are in their first or second year of footy..

No one had Cats top 4 (Except Damo Barrett) and barely anyone had them even in the 8 going into this year.
Cats are playing with house money, Lions are one more Finals loss away from a media shitstorm, crazy to suggest otherwise.

It's intriguing, but whether we bring Scarlett back to play on Alistair Lynch, well that's a tough one. Lynchy was really good against the Sydney West Tall Men.

I think Lynchy is banned indefinitely after 04 GF

No pressure? LOL Absolutely ALL the pressure is on the Lions to win.
If they fail on the big stage again the knives will start coming out again.
The list is supposedly stacked but all everyone can say about Geelong is, “wow Scott is such a great coach”
Wouldn’t that suggest people don’t think Cats lost is very good, that it’s more down to coaching?
So how would the pressure be on the Cats?

And that’s all before we mention the Cats went to the mountaintop only 2 years ago, half the team are already Premiership players and the other half are a bunch of kids who are in their first or second year of footy..

No one had Cats top 4 (Except Damo Barrett) and barely anyone had them even in the 8 going into this year.
Cats are playing with house money, Lions are one more Finals loss away from a media shitstorm, crazy to suggest otherwise.

I had the cats top 4. No one respects the cats more than me. They say, Elixuh, no one respects the cats more than you.

Well not even worth Lions turning up on Saturday apparently.
I'm sure that will be your excuse for why you get flogged on Saturday.

"Yeah, bro... we lost 'cause we just didn't turn up, aye! If we did we'd have smashed 'em 'cause, ya know, our best is better than anyone's!"

I had the cats top 4. No one respects the cats more than me. They say, Elixuh, no one respects the cats more than you.

Patrick Dangerfield: “I AIN’T GET NO RESPECT!”

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back