Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 39.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a look at this for the lions and if you remove all of our losses and the draw we are 16-0 this season. Pretty even with Geelong.
The difference is our record only dipped when we sent the club into the shop for repairs.

12-2 is the Lion's streak though, which is why the pressure is on them.

8-2 by Geelong isn't anything to shout about.

Erm, match fit means you've played matches...

When you aren’t match fit it means you haven’t played games. Idk what you are talking about.

Is he still injured? I gather not, so he’s rusty. That means he isn’t match fit and needs gametime to get up to being match fit.

Scott isn’t playing him because he thinks he’s isn’t match fit not due to injury.

Not sure what you are having issues with.

The difference is our record only dipped when we sent the club into the shop for repairs.

12-2 is the Lion's streak though, which is why the pressure is on them.

8-2 by Geelong isn't anything to shout about.

Unfortunately the lions have had almost double the injuries to best 22 this season as compared with Geelong, accordingly to champion data. So the pressure is now back on Geelong.

#injuries

When you aren’t match fit it means you haven’t played games. Idk what you are talking about.

Is he still injured? I gather not, so he’s rusty. That means he isn’t match fit and needs gametime to get up to being match fit.

Scott isn’t playing him because he thinks he’s isn’t match fit not due to injury.

Not sure what you are having issues with.

Why are you trying to teach me what match fit means?

I responded to your comment saying he'd be fit by the GF.

He won't be.

Unfortunately the lions have had almost double the injuries to best 22 this season as compared with Geelong, accordingly to champion data. So the pressure is now back on Geelong.

#injuries
Damn, which ones are missing this weekend?

It looks like we haven't been able to get Hawkins, C.Guthrie, Rohan and SDK match fit in time. Four premiership players; two BnF winners, plus a finals MVP. :(

Damn, which ones are missing this weekend?

It looks like we haven't been able to get Hawkins, C.Guthrie, Rohan and SDK match fit in time. Four premiership players; two BnF winners, plus a finals MVP. :(

The only good player out of those listed is the great Gary Rohan

The only good player out of those listed is the great Gary Rohan
Which Brisbane greats are missing and how many premierships plus BnFs between them? ;)

Our reject small forward and a back flanker who would be third choice at Geelong are all I can think of.

Pressure back on the Lions. Damn.

Can the injury depleted Cats pull off a heist?

No shit he's not match fit.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking you meant injury-wise as you made an odd comment saying he'd be right by GF.

Yikes.

Oh I see the problem now. You don’t think you can get fit it straight away. I think you can players have done it before. Lynch has torn up games not having played in a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which Brisbane greats are missing and how many premierships plus BnFs between them? ;)

Our reject small forward and a back flanker who would be third choice at Geelong are all I can think of.

Pressure back on the Lions. Damn.

Can the injury depleted Cats pull off a heist?

Angry Over It GIF by GritTV

No pressure on you, lots of pressure on Fagan and the Lions though. 6 years competing for flags with nothing to show for it so far despite having the best player in the game running around each week. Would be a real shame if Fagan failed to get a flag with this group.
It wouldn’t compare to a Geelong side who had Gary Ablett Snr…🤣

Most people - including most opposition supporters on this forum - were predicting The Cliff(TM) to hit us and for us to finish bottom 6.

Now suddenly all the pressure is on us to make a GF or it's some sort of failure?

Just make up your minds, guys.
I've never said you were a bottom 6 side.
Stop listening to the uneducated, its clearly yours to lose now.
Im just worried that you arent finals match hardened like Brisbane are.

They've got a free throw at the stumps and will bring the heat from the opening minutes.
Who wants to miss a GF from a Brisbane hard tackle?
Has to enter players minds that you might end up limping over the line in this one.

Im worried for poor Tom, what if his career ends in the stands on a prelim defeat.
Cats must win.
Barring a miracle Tommy will retire a 3x premiership player. For the Port Power supporters playing at home a premiership is what you get for first making a Grand Final (not something Port Power have concerned themselves with in an eternity) and then winning it.

I'd stick to worrying about your own club managing to win a prelim.

How long ago was it again?
Were not expected to, all the money is on Sydney.
We arent even meant to be in it this week remember.
But you guys, you belted us for a direct line to the prelim, you have to make it now, youre the #2 team against a side coming from 5th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back