Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 39.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but Dixon will get his send off one way or another.
The only chance poor Tom has now is if the Cats win through.
They just have to surely.
Who really cares about a send off, seriously. I would’ve given Dixon a send off years ago, no wonder you’ve never made a GF under Ken with him spudding it up. Hawkins won’t come in for a GF unless there’s multiple injuries, and rightly so.

We can put all this to bed now that the great Derwaayne has chimed in. Geelong are confirmed just happy to be here, while the Lions (and the Port Power) are in the 'premiership or bust' basket.

Pressure back on Brisbane (and the Port Power), thanks Derwaayne.

We can put all this to bed now that the great Derwaayne has chimed in. Geelong are confirmed just happy to be here, while the Lions (and the Port Power) are in the 'premiership or bust' basket.

Dont be silly, Ken's job is safe, we can lose and it'll just be another meh, no one expected us to get this far.

Lets not forget, JHF is in his 3rd year having only 1 real preseason under his belt and is already a match winner, he, and as a result, we, can only get better.

Geelong legend Derwayne Russell desperate to take the pressure off the cats. What’s next, rex hunt?

The fact that derwayne has felt the need to come out and say this means the pressure is now back on the cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont be silly, Ken's job is safe, we can lose and it'll just be another meh, no one expected us to get this far.

Lets not forget, JHF is in his 3rd year having only 1 real preseason under his belt and is already a match winner, he, and as a result, we, can only get better.
Your reverse psychology isn't working. Geelong supporters are behind Ken and Port, but now it's time for you to piss off with your trolling and off topic nonsense.

QF loss means nothing now that we're in a Prelim.
It meant more to your form line which is why Cats fans cant accept that we were disinterested.
You'd be hosting a prelim at Adelaide against a lower ranked side rather than playing away against the premiership favourites if Port Power didn't get spooked in the QF against Geelong.

jonnobackpocket

Firstly, learn how to respond into the correct text box, so that way I can properly quote you in order to have a two-way dialogue.

As for your reply:

Guess which demographic of Australian was the inspiration for that particular vernacular? None other than... Queenslanders!

You see, other than the most concerted of efforts from a handful of toff-nosed, inner-suburban Brisbanites keen to shake their inherent Queensland ocker-ness (those from Fortitude Valley are not included as they're a collective lost cause), almost every Queenslander talks like that.

I spent many years in Queensland, and still work with many on a daily basis. Trust me, bruh, I know. 😉
Yes because all lions supporters are Queenslanders. I have been to Kardinia Park, many times and can sum it up with ‘nah cats are good azzzz c@$t, might go to the sphinx after this get on the woody’s’, kids are at me ex’s so all good- chuck me a lighter Cobb’

Yes because all lions supporters are Queenslanders. I have been to Kardinia Park, many times and can sum it up with ‘nah cats are good azzzz c@$t, might go to the sphinx after this get on the woody’s’, kids are at me ex’s so all good- chuck me a lighter Cobb’
Hopefully you at least learned some of the rules there unlike the brainless Gabba crowd.

Now you're just attacking a strawman. I never said all Lions supporters are Queenslanders.

What I did do was refute your assertion that I'd depicted your supporter base as sounding like "Geelong inbreds" when in fact I drew upon my many years spent in Queensland as inspiration for how a (bogan) Lions supporter might sound.

It's parody, my friend, using the talking points I hear from Lions fans frequently on BigFooty.

Geelong legend Derwayne Russell desperate to take the pressure off the cats. What’s next, rex hunt?

The fact that derwayne has felt the need to come out and say this means the pressure is now back on the cats.
That campaigner hates Geelong. The fact he played a few games in the hoops means nothing.

He made it clear before the 2007 Grand Final when he said, and I don't quote verbatim but to the best of my recollection, something along the lines of;

"I am a Port man, always will be. I played for the (Port) Magpies as a Port Adelaide man, and I played for Geelong as an employee. I wore the prison bars with passion and I wore the hoops for a job."

Derwayne was so, so salty after 119.

I recall Derwayne's puff piece in the Adelaide Advertiser in the week leading up to the Grand Final, which, after 119, made him look silly.

Something a long the lines of, "Port existed to win Premierships in the SANFL and to win two flags in its 10-year history in the AFL would cement that legacy."

In principle there's nothing wrong with what he said, but let's just be clear that Derwayne ain't no Geelong legend and barely tolerates being publicly associated with the club.

Last edited:
It's like those Richmond fans claiming Hinkley deliberately let the Cats win as part of the Geelong/CFL/Hocking conspiracy....
He did, I thought this was common knowledge.

The only reason anyone can come up with as to why Cats fans wont acknowledge it is because you need to believe we tried to support your belief that you have a finals capable form line, rather than the few soft kills you got around your St Kilda loss.

You'd be hosting a prelim at Adelaide against a lower ranked side rather than playing away against the premiership favourites if Port Power didn't get spooked in the QF against Geelong.
Cant win a flag sleeping in our own beds like some we wont mention, so a bit of team bonding on the road as a dress rehearsal is welcomed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back