Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

• Lions by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

• Lions by 7 - 20

• Cats by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Its not excuses. Its reasons why i think one team is a better shot then everyone thinks they are. Geelongs had an amazing season regardless of what happens tonight. Dont need excuses if you finish 3rd in a season everyone expected you not to make finals.

And its quite silly to think form in previous seasons let alone ten years ago is relevant for anything.
You don’t think playing a team that hasn’t beaten you in Victoria for 20 years isn’t an advantage? Or one you have beaten in 2 recent preliminary finals? Not to mention the weeks break with lions coming from outside the top 4. Would be a big upset if Geelong didn’t win today.

You don’t think playing a team that hasn’t beaten you in Victoria for 20 years isn’t an advantage? Or one you have beaten in 2 recent preliminary finals? Not to mention the weeks break with lions coming from outside the top 4. Would be a big upset if Geelong didn’t win today.
Prior h2h history has zero relevance, look at Sydney get over their Port "hoodoo" last night, or Richmond with Geelong 2017 etc.

Brisbane are a finals hardened side who were a kick off beating an MCG tenant at their ground in a grand final. Just 12 months ago.

Melbourne 2022 v Brisbane shows what they can do if a side is even a little bit off their game at the G. The Lions are a much better team than they were then.

All that said, Geelong have every reason to believe their best footy can get the job done as well. Which is why it's a 50/50 game that is polarising neutrals opinions.

No I don't. Such views are silly. Completely irrelevant.

Geelong should be favourites. But would not shock me at all if lions are 6 goals up at half time. They have massive momentum after last week. Geelong haven't played for 16 days and could be very flat. Especially given yesterday and our best mid being sick.

Prior h2h history has zero relevance, look at Sydney get over their Port "hoodoo" last night, or Richmond with Geelong 2017 etc.

Brisbane are a finals hardened side who were a kick off beating an MCG tenant at their ground in a grand final. Just 12 months ago.

Melbourne 2022 v Brisbane shows what they can do if a side is even a little bit off their game at the G. The Lions are a much better team than they were then.

All that said, Geelong have every reason to believe their best footy can get the job done as well. Which is why it's a 50/50 game that is polarising neutrals opinions.
Mark my words, Brisbane played their grand final last week, this has got 2022 written all over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although Brisbane are probably more prepared to beat us this time around I think Cats by a few goals. The huge narrative about Kardinia park in this thread is odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back