Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 36.8%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 54 24.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, you’d think so. I’m sure you’d prefer a vic team to win a flag over freo just as we’d prefer you to win one over a Collingwood or Carlton.
I was actually going for Freo in the 2013 gf, I won't begrudge them winning one, just not against us, they'd never live that one down! But yeah generally I wouldn't say they're my second favourite team or anything.

Chris Scott post match was painful.

Such a sore loser, thinks he’s being clever with his passive aggressive approach. Anyone with basic EQ knows exactly what he’s doing.
Quite like the Pultec myself.

Such a sore loser, thinks he’s being clever with his passive aggressive approach. Anyone with basic EQ knows exactly what he’s doing.
Geewizz. Projecting?

He's speaking off the cuff, trying to speak at length, whilst not over reacting in either direction. He's in control, which can be frustrating and annoying for folk who are less in control.

He is mercurial and has proven in his short career he can hit the scoreboard. And hit it quickly.

But he doesn’t chase and he wants to get his goals out the back. I thought his 3rd quarter when the Lions turned a 4 goal deficit into a lead was horrible.

The Lions backs kept intercepting and he was playing from behind.

He's one of those take the good with the bad type players. When we played Melbourne this year it was Ollie Henry summed up - his opponent was best on ground by a fair way but Henry kicked four.

Any thought on old Craig’s McRae’s salty presser not that long ago?

Basic EQ would suggest he’s not in control of his emotions?

Bunch of hypocrites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane deserved to win, Geelong coulda. Be proud and move on. And if you're trolling / defending press conferences, that's a sign of needing to date more.

And, of course, mutter under our breaths about umpire 22. Wonder if others clubs have had 'issues' with him over the journey.

Not sure Geelong supporters, including me, are getting much out of this particular thread right now.

Cause they learned from multiple Grand Finals failures to shut the **** up and let the play do the talking when they actually win something.

Lions fans clearly not getting the hint, be humble you ****s you haven’t won shit to be even talking right now.
Reminds me of what Scott said at 3qtr time of the 22 grand final.

He said to the boys “ don’t rub it in their faces”.

That is the sort of humble respectful club geelong is and why we have been so successful for a long time.

That is the difference between a club like Richmond who in between an eventual premiership sits down the ladder being circled as guaranteed wins for a decade or Brisbane who bombed out for a good 15 years.

Teams come and go, but geelong has built an incredible community and culture within its four walls that attracts elite figures in and off field.

Was this for real?? Scott mentioned it with a bit of don’t take it as an excuse but it happened sort of comment.

Haven’t really thought to read much into it tho as what difference does it really make now if it did or didn’t
Scott must think that if he pre-empts ensuring the excuses are made known with the statement 'don't take these as excuses, BUT....' that people won't catch on that they are excuses.

Has got form the big sook.

Reminds me of what Scott said at 3qtr time of the 22 grand final.

He said to the boys “ don’t rub it in their faces”.

That is the sort of humble respectful club geelong is and why we have been so successful for a long time.

That is the difference between a club like Richmond who in between an eventual premiership sits down the ladder being circled as guaranteed wins for a decade or Brisbane who bombed out for a good 15 years.

Teams come and go, but geelong has built an incredible community and culture within its four walls that attracts elite figures in and off field.

Seriously you say that when we had the humility to tuck in our premiership medals when GAJ walked off the field in the 2020 GF.

Gimme a break.

Any thought on old Craig’s McRae’s salty presser not that long ago?

Basic EQ would suggest he’s not in control of his emotions?

Bunch of hypocrites.

I’m saying those with a basic EQ understand exactly what Scott is doing with his passive aggressive crap, he’s so smug he thinks he’s hiding it.

So I guess you guys were the “moral victors” last night ?

🙌

Are you English?

Not at all, Lions were the better team and deserved to win.
I responded to a comment which is a fact? Majority of the team are NOT first round picks.

The fact they made a Prelim with a squad in a semi rebuilding year is insane.

I’m saying those with a basic EQ understand exactly what Scott is doing with his passive aggressive crap, he’s so smug he thinks he’s hiding it.

And I don’t agree with anyone making excuses.

Everyone has poor umpiring, injuries, outside factors happen to them.
You win and lose on the field. Your play decides the result.

I don’t think it’s right to say one coach is a sook and the other isn’t when both have done the same thing?
That’s hypocritical standards.

You can’t pick and choose based on your own biases.
Either they both are sooks or neither are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back