Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Hawks v GWS Sat June 8th 1:45pm AEST (Uni of Tassie)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it wasn’t late, it was as he kicked. He then threw his arms up and belly flopped the ground.

Lets see what the AFL says, and the footy shows, eh?
It was late, I have rewatched it 5 times already. Clearly paid, always been paid.

AFL will say nothing, footy shows lmao
I’m really not interested in discussing anything with a mindless fool who has to use emojis to insult people - I’d get a better discussion with a store dummy.
Coolio - I'll make sure I tell Tom Green next time he should smother not bump.

Genuine question: what is the precise rule that explains why it was a free kick for Sicily?

For comparison in the GF C Cameron breaks Howe’s ribs with a similar post kick bump and no one bats an eyelid.

Feel like I’m missing something unless they decided it was high (they got the last two wrong before that for the Hawks so would fit the theme).
I think the bump was deemed late because Sicily had already kicked the ball. I think there was an earlier incident with Impey? The player pushed him as he kicked it, therefore was considered just a free and not down field.

Gee some frothers in here carrying on about Ginnivan but silent on Peatling kicking a goal from a shoddy free. Not much talk about the Toby Green ‘goal’ either. Better team won. Thanks for watching.

Charlie gets more than compensated
He is currently 62nd of all players regarding free kicks for with a heap of forwards in front of him.

The obsession with Charlie on Big floggy is laughable but he will always get that as the best key forward in the comp.

Funny how Moore was a clear 3rd before this game and got 6 free kicks today which will have him clear No.1 in the comp now! Hawks supporters be like nothing to see here and Curnow got a free last week! 🤣🤦‍♀️

The melts in here are so flipping delicious

Comedy Central Tears GIF by South Park

Their improvement as the season has gone on is incredible tho they were fodder early in the season and looked like finishing bottom 2.

They are now competing/beating top 8 sides.

We had a lot of injuries in the first month + the brand spanking new forward line needed time to gel. Missed Day's influence especially.

Happy to see the plucky minnows pinch one against the Giants but good lord, how do the umpires fall for Ginnivan's shit.
They seem to have a knack of not giving the ones where he has his head genuinely removed and then paying the ones that aren't there. Infuriating for Hawthon supporters and non-supporters alike.

I think the bump was deemed late because Sicily had already kicked the ball. I think there was an earlier incident with Impey? The player pushed him as he kicked it, therefore was considered just a free and not down field.

Putting aside the fact that it was barely half a second after he kicked it, I just don’t think it’s as clear as that in the rule book. The bump is not allowed from the back, high or when the ball is more than 5m away (it wasn’t, despite the kick made) so to me it falls in the same category as the C Cameron one one Howe in the 23 GF.

See attached. The rules need clarification.

Attachments

• IMG_6294.png
    IMG_6294.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is currently 62nd of all players regarding free kicks for with a heap of forwards in front of him.

The obsession with Charlie on Big floggy is laughable but he will always get that as the best key forward in the comp.

Funny how Moore is a clear 3rd and got 6 free kicks today which will have him clear No.1 in the comp now! Hawks supporters be like nothing to see here and Curnow got a free last week! 🤣🤦‍♀️

McKay and Curnow are 3rd and 5th for % of goals from free kicks since 2022. Curnow is also however no. 1 in terms of goals not from free kicks in that time.

Curnow does get some goals from free kicks but also kicks plenty without the assistance.

Like mentioned in that article, any comments from North fans are pretty funny looking at that table.

How good, young hawks side playing 13 straight and get the win despite the GWS franchise coming in fresh off their 2nd bye for the year. Dear looks twice the player of Cadman.

Great to see the underdog minnows with no prime time fixtures, no AFL hand outs and no academy come out on top. AFL House will be spewing!

McKay and Curnow are 3rd and 5th for % of goals from free kicks since 2022. Curnow is also however no. 1 in terms of goals not from free kicks in that time.

Curnow does get some goals from free kicks but also kicks plenty without the assistance.

Like mentioned in that article, any comments from North fans are pretty funny looking at that table.
One can dig deep enough to find a stat that suits an argument one way or the other all day.

I am going by the raw stats of free kicks payed to players that are there for all to see regardless of team and/or position on the ground.

Curnow getting heaps of free kicks is a myth and just tall poppy syndrome opposition supporters like to cry about. The true stats regarding who has been awarded the most free kicks are easy for anyone to access.

Putting aside the fact that it was barely half a second after he kicked it, I just don’t think it’s as clear as that in the rule book. The bump is not allowed from the back, high or when the ball is more than 5m away (it wasn’t, despite the kick made) so to me it falls in the same category as the C Cameron one one Howe in the 23 GF.

See attached. The rules need clarification.
IMG_0059.jpeg

Lots of sooks here. Hawthorn well-deserved winners. Blame the umpires all you want, but if GWS were a serious top four side, they would've buried the Hawks well before the final 5 mins and we wouldn't even be having a discussion about umpires.
Exactly right, nearly everyone's premiership pre-season tip including mine.
Easily more talented than us but to many times they lack work-rate.
Kelly is a massive out for them.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Hawks v GWS Sat June 8th 1:45pm AEST (Uni of Tassie)

Back