Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - Pies v Blues Sat Aug 3rd 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering that Nick Daicos has received more free kicks than Charlie Curnow, this result will be a hard one to tip
Whoever would have expected midfielders, who are in the play a lot more often than forwards, generally receive more free kicks than forwards?

As an example, Cripps has received 39 free kicks so far this year, Daicos 34.

Do you always compare apples with oranges?

Charlie Curnow has received a whopping 9 free kicks over the past fortnight.

One wonders if the 4 free kicks he will receive on Saturday may prove to be a bridge too far for Collingwood?
Given he received five and six in our two outings last year four would almost require a royal commission into how he was awarded so few.

Considering that Nick Daicos has received more free kicks than Charlie Curnow, this result will be a hard one to tip

But Daicos is a midfielder who averages 30 disposals per game with half of those being contested. So for every 17th disposal he wins, he is awarded a free kick.

Curnow gets the most dubious free kicks awarded infront of goal which ultimately adds an extra 6-12 points to the end result.
It's significant as he's usually a deadeye dick.

Screenshot_20240801_173548_Google.jpg so basically he kicks 1 goal from every 5 from free kicks.
Where are you getting your stats from ( or are they made up , guessing perhaps ?)
But Daicos is a midfielder who averages 30 disposals per game with half of those being contested. So for every 17th disposal he wins, he is awarded a free kick.

Curnow gets the most dubious free kicks awarded infront of goal which ultimately adds an extra 6-12 points to the end result.
It's significant as he's usually a deadeye dick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got Pies by 13 points.

Huge game. Collingwood need to win to have every chance to make finals and from there they could win the flag.....AGAIN!

Carlton could end up out of the 8 by the weekend if they lose so it's no joke. I expect a brutal game.

I think they've got some mojo about them RN, and I think Carlton have exposed a few weaknesses with their mids outside Cripps and Walsh. McKay coming back will be huge so I could still see it going either way.

Carlton MUST shut down Nick Daicos and he cannot be allowed to roam free. (Yes this is partly because I want to prove a point)

Carlton needs much more from their mids all over to win.

I think Collingwood will have more ability to stop the drive from Cripps and Walsh which is why I'm giving the money to Collingwood.

Whoever would have expected midfielders, who are in the play a lot more often than forwards, generally receive more free kicks than forwards?

As an example, Cripps has received 39 free kicks so far this year, Daicos 34.

Do you always compare apples with oranges?
The difference between Daicos's free kicks and Cripps' is that Daicos has a weak neck it is always flopping around accompanied by a pleading facial expression pointed at the nearest umpire - a weak kneed marshmallow type of pleader as opposed to a genuine leader.

The difference between Daicos's free kicks and Cripps' is that Daicos has a weak neck it is always flopping around accompanied by a pleading facial expression pointed at the nearest umpire - a weak kneed marshmallow type of pleader as opposed to a genuine leader.
I think you're confusing him with Curnow.

I wonder who's going to cop more attention today... Nicky "receives the most opposition attention in the competition" Daicos... Or Rick Cripps who got double and triple teamed all game last time because Flea McRae was terrified of him laying Nicky on his ass in a contest if he was allowed to run free

Anyone else worried about the umpires? I just have a bad feeling they're going to make a decision not everyone agrees with. With so many people expected to be tuning into the game and our government's refusal to ban assault whistles, the risk of a mass sooking is high.

Anyone else worried about the umpires? I just have a bad feeling they're going to make a decision not everyone agrees with. With so many people expected to be tuning into the game and our government's refusal to ban assault whistles, the risk of a mass sooking is high.
Mainly from people bitching about Curnow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - Pies v Blues Sat Aug 3rd 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Back