Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You really think kem just said "haha, 14 days?"

1. The level 1 coaching course specifically states coaches are not to engage with any opposition player other than to say "good game," that's level 1. Hinckley would be at a minimum level 2. He needs to do better.

2. Swearing and mouthing off after you've won isn't just arrogance, it's just poor sportsmanship.

Boo hoo

He said he was emotional but....

But because of the comments on Instagram... He's not really sorry. Absolutely classless.

If he's coaching next year or not, Hawks will be even more fired up against Port next season. Enjoy getting thrashed Port
Hahah.

Come on, you can't be so one eyed to not acknowledge that Ginnivan has almost literally been begging for this scenario for him and his team to happen all year - and he got it.

I encourage him to keep doing it - but this was always going to happen at some point. This is why Collingwood flicked him wasn't it?

Bit of theatre. Loved it. Winners are grinners. And he was absolutely right. A statement of fact. Hawks aren’t flying to Sydney.

Does Ken think Ginnivan has to hitchhike home?

You really think kem just said "haha, 14 days?"

1. The level 1 coaching course specifically states coaches are not to engage with any opposition player other than to say "good game," that's level 1. Hinckley would be at a minimum level 2. He needs to do better.

2. Swearing and mouthing off after you've won isn't just arrogance, it's just poor sportsmanship.
Hahah.

I'm sure AFL coaches refer to their manilla folders full of 'Level 1 Coaching' shit regularly to remind them how to carry out their duties as a senior AFL coach.

Yep.

If you lip read what Ken said “you’re not flying” and doing the movements to Ginnivan.

It set Sicily off, then was referred to in the post match as “very aggressive”.
Hang on there mate.

You try having a 60 year old make aeroplane gestures towards you while saying you can’t get on, and then come back to me.

That’s as aggressive as it gets. There needs to be a law against that type of thing, particularly against 21 year old men who play professional footy - they are a vulnerable group of our community and need protecting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game. We nearly pinched it but we were chasing the game all night. Port’s pressure was immense and our boys couldn’t match it.

We’ll be better for it.
Thought the game was riveting all way through. Pressure from both sides was through the ceilibg. Sicily's poster was unlucky. I thought at the time he could have taken a bit more time with the kick. I reckon that contributed to his frustration end of game.

All in all a great end to the game, Ken won and lost the moral high ground. Both teams got what they deserved. Huzzah

So many classes people in this thread.

I guess being Hawthorn's bunnies for 4 decades has really jaded you.

As for Port and Kenny...

If you thought 14 days was ammunition, Hawks will pummel Port by 14 goals in each game after disrespecting Breust while he's chaired off, absolutely classless club. That's an extra 8 points will have next season, thank very much.
Have a sook.

The only person carrying on like a pork chop during Breust's chairing off was Sicily.

One is a light hearted joke pre-match with a friend.

The other is an opposition coach going completely unhinged pretending to be an aeroplane and getting verbal post-game.

How precious these Hawkers are when they lose. Absurd. Mitchell, Sicily, Lewis and Hodge all showing they can give it but can't take it.

Makes Ports win so much more sweeter.

You're a pretty shit coach Ken, but thanks for this moment, awesome!!

As a coach I would have hated the "see you in 14 days" comment. Let's just say it gave Port a little bit more motivation?

A bit more motivation that possibly could have been the difference between winning by 3 points and losing by 3 points.

Interesting that Ken said he’d used Ginnivan’s comments “a fair bit” during the week as motivation.

All those who said there was nothing wrong with what he said and that he hadn’t given the other team any extra motivation were absolutely kidding themselves, and I guarantee he’ll never do that again.

Handed the other team extra motivation in what turned out to be a game that went down to the wire, and piled a bunch of completely unnecessary extra pressure on himself.

Super-foolish.

There’s a reason guys like Hodge, Riewoldt and Lewis were so against what he did. These guys know what you do and what you don’t do in situations like this and Ginni has just learned the hard way why you don’t.

Close enough. Loved how Mitch gave it out. The needle at the Essendon druggies was gold.
So I personally cringed at his presser.
Suck it Sam and let’s move onto 2025.
That's a good take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back