Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

More worried about this one than I was Footscray.

I get the feeling it will be a lot closer than people anticipate, and that the Port young guns will come out firing with a point to prove.

Breust 300, Moore 100. Big milestones that will help the boys lift though.

Calsher to have another 5 or 6 shots on goal, Wiz to have another 4.

Need more than those two to carry the load. back to 2007 buddy and rough 10 goals EF then only 4 in SF
Those guys were almost 60 games each at that time

We have an even spread of goalkickers though

Port have everything on the line here, players, coaches maybe even presidents have their jobs at risk. If they lose a 2nd final at home in consecutive weeks the fan will have stuff flying out of it in all directions...I can't see it happening and will go for Port by 35 points.

Port have everything on the line here, players, coaches maybe even presidents have their jobs at risk. If they lose a 2nd final at home in consecutive weeks the fan will have stuff flying out of it in all directions...I can't see it happening and will go for Port by 35 points.

I’m driving over to witness it. You are correct about the enormity of the task though.

They last lost 2 or more in a row around the bye. 3 games by about 140 points total
Does that men hawks by about 50?

Last edited:
Both teams have incentives in spades. For Port, Hinkley and the administration , their jobs and for Hawthorn redemption for losing the unlosable and Breust’s and Moore’s 300 and 100 game milestones respectively.

Port have to drop Dixon.
Todd Marshall in Dixon out.
Big Sav at centre half forward about 60m out. Marshall in the goalsquare. This will force 2 or Weddle/Scrimshaw/Sicily/Frost to be accountable.
One thing I noticed on Friday night was that hawthorns defence did as they pleased in the third quarter. There wasn’t much pressure from the WB forwards and given the freedom they had they transferred the ball so well into the corridor.

I’ve got no idea how Port counter this but playing defensively up forward and killing Hawthorn’s run will be key.

More worried about this one than I was Footscray.

I get the feeling it will be a lot closer than people anticipate, and that the Port young guns will come out firing with a point to prove.

Breust 300, Moore 100. Big milestones that will help the boys lift though.

Calsher to have another 5 or 6 shots on goal, Wiz to have another 4.
Doubt the milestones would have any influence. If you can't lift for a final then a couple of milestones aren't going to change that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frost is a massive out. Has been one of the best lockdown FBs in the comp. Took JUH to the cleaners.

Shattered for him too. Has always played for clubs when they were in the shitter and now as he gets his taste of finals football it gets taken away from him.

Question for Port supporters;

How do you win this one? Keen on genuine opinions!
Pressure and intensity is our only tool in the shed. Forward pressure and turn over is our only source for scoring. High defensive press keeps the ball centre forward to support this game style.

It all unravels when the opposition out works and out run us. Geelong exploited that well. Adelaide exploited it in the earlier showdown.

We can't compete in a shoot out scenario as we don't have the fire power up forward. Rioli and Georgiatis are our only attacking forwards. Dixon is useless. DBJ has been good forward. The rest plays a pressure forward role or our midfielders rotate through there..

Just as they did in the 07, Geelong have ruined the Port Adelaide footy club for a very long time again.

Hawthorn by 33 points.

M8 you've got it all wrong, 2007 and last night was a walk in the park compared to the trauma you've inflicted on us with good old Kenny.

Frost out is pretty massive. Has been a Goliath down back for them. Sicily with a bum shoulder can't take the big boys which leaves Scrimshaw or Weddle (Hawks fans let me know if I have missed somebody)

May mean we have Gunston play back.

Frost is our only true key defender so it leaves a huge hole in our defence.

Question for Port supporters;

How do you win this one? Keen on genuine opinions!

• sack Hinkley
  • drop Jed McEntee, play a man short if necessary
  • put dbj back in the forward line where's he done well all year instead of unsettling the back line
  • start JHF on the ****ing ground
  • tell Rozee to do something or he loses the captaincy next year
  • boot Dixon for Marshall, lord, anyone.

Port have to drop Dixon.

One thing I noticed on Friday night was that hawthorns defence did as they pleased in the third quarter. There wasn’t much pressure from the WB forwards and given the freedom they had they transferred the ball so well into the corridor.

I’ve got no idea how Port counter this but playing defensively up forward and killing Hawthorn’s run will be key.
Frost out for the season

One less big running defender

Impossible to ignore:

Every final we’ve played in since 2014:

2014:

• EF: Beat Richmond who we lost to the last time we met
  • SF: Beat Fremantle who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Hawthorn who we beat the last time we met

2017:

- EF: Lost to West Coast who we beat the last time we met

2020:

• QF: Beat Geelong who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Richmond who we beat the last time we met

2021:
  • PF: Lost to Western Bulldogs who we beat the last time we met

2023:
  • QF: Lost to Brisbane who we beat the last time we met
  • SF: Lost to GWS who we beat the last time we met
2024:

• QF: Lost to Geelong who we beat last time we met
  • SF: *Playing Hawthorn who we beat last time we met?

Impossible to ignore:

Every final we’ve played in since 2014:

2014:

• EF: Beat Richmond who we lost to the last time we met
  • SF: Beat Fremantle who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Hawthorn who we beat the last time we met

2017:

- EF: Lost to West Coast who we beat the last time we met

2020:

• PF: Lost to Richmond who we beat the last time we met

2021:
  • PF: Lost to Western Bulldogs who we beat the last time we met

2023:
  • QF: Lost to Brisbane who we beat the last time we met
  • SF: Lost to GWS who we beat the last time we met
2024:

• QF: Lost to Geelong who we beat last time we met
  • SF: *Playing Hawthorn who we beat last time we met?
That is an amazing pick up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back