Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will take a fair bounce back from last week's performance from Port for them to get this done. Will see if the players want to play for Ken or not.

Frost out is pretty massive. Has been a Goliath down back for them. Sicily with a bum shoulder can't take the big boys which leaves Scrimshaw or Weddle (Hawks fans let me know if I have missed somebody)
Phillips will come in.
Played well against Port last time and only made way because Sicily had to come back in to the side.

I still cant believe Hawthorn are in a semi with that list.. wow
i think port win here though

The list is good. We've been out of prime time for so long that I believe opposition supporters just didnt realise it.

Not surprising to Hawks fans that a side with Sicily, Scrimshaw, Moore, Newcombe, Amon, Impey, Hardwick as experienced leaders are playing footy in September. Probably the main surprising part is how quickly our quality youth in Watson, Dear, MacDonald, Weddle and D'Ambrosio have become consistently good players.

Hell, our 'depth' players on Friday night were 100 gamer Harry Morrison who played in our finals in 2018, and former pick 7 Josh Ward. The list is well balanced and deeper than anybody would seemingly like to give it credit for.

Surely Port win here? Unless they are all injured the club has to make a statement.

Hawks just deliriously overachieving, and this experience is fantastic for the younger ones, even a 10 goal thumping wouldn't slow them down going into next year.

Very happy for Calsher Dear, his family is a friend of a friend and I met the dad and uncle once or twice: decent blokes, and the boy is showing genuine talent, might be the best of them.

Hawks have put together and developed this side for a few years but the way it has clicked all at once is very impressive. If they beat Port then Mitchell is surely coach of the year. I think it's unlikely though. I think crusty Ken makes a change or two and rights the ship.

I'm stunned by how good the Hawks are so fast. Can't see them losing this.

A genuine question for Port Fans:

Hinkley has come out and said that this game will decide his coaching future at Port.
Given that:
Do you want your team to win and make a prelim and have a shot at winning a flag?
Or..
Would you prefer to lose and Ken Hinkley gets the sack?

Surely Port win here? Unless they are all injured the club has to make a statement.

Hawks just deliriously overachieving, and this experience is fantastic for the younger ones, even a 10 goal thumping wouldn't slow them down going into next year.

Very happy for Calsher Dear, his family is a friend of a friend and I met the dad and uncle once or twice: decent blokes, and the boy is showing genuine talent, might be the best of them.

Hawks have put together and developed this side for a few years but the way it has clicked all at once is very impressive. If they beat Port then Mitchell is surely coach of the year. I think it's unlikely though. I think crusty Ken makes a change or two and rights the ship.

2008 deja VU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley has come out and said that this game will decide his coaching future at Port.
Given that:
Do you want your team to win and make a prelim and have a shot at winning a flag?
Or..
Flag.

Do his job and I dont have a problem, its not personal for me but I respect those with a stronger opinion.

Will day confirmed to not make it. Cam McKenzie unlikely to play.

Surely Port can beat Box Hill
Hawthorn deservedly favourites.

Port without Houston, Farrell, Salt 'n' Pepper, maybe Butters. Rozee sore. Dixon cooked but Marshall with no match fitness to replace him.

Hawks absolutely flying and should've beat Port by 7 goals in the previous game. They won't take the foot off the gas this time.

Now I'm not writing Port off. However there is no getting around the fact that they will be underdogs heading into this game. A position they sometimes excel in.

Given that:
Or..

Winning the flag takes priority over all. But if Ken is coming out begging to his playing group instead of leading. Then we've lost this game before it has started and I guess he is finally started packing his bags.

Have a feeling that it will be a blowout one way or the other.

Either Port come out fuming with a rocket up them after last week's capitulation, and just blow the young Hawks off the park with aggression......or they are completely mentally shot, and Hawthorn get the job done easily.

Just wondering when ports ‘best young midfield’ became not so. Our mids are as hard as anyone

Can't see Port getting close.
Would struggle to get more than 5 players in last weeks combined side, and would be about the same this weekend.

Hawthorn have most of the better players between the two clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back