Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Port win here? Unless they are all injured the club has to make a statement.

Hawks just deliriously overachieving, and this experience is fantastic for the younger ones, even a 10 goal thumping wouldn't slow them down going into next year.

Very happy for Calsher Dear, his family is a friend of a friend and I met the dad and uncle once or twice: decent blokes, and the boy is showing genuine talent, might be the best of them.

Hawks have put together and developed this side for a few years but the way it has clicked all at once is very impressive. If they beat Port then Mitchell is surely coach of the year. I think it's unlikely though. I think crusty Ken makes a change or two and rights the ship.

Since round 8…

IMG_6650.jpeg

This is the weakest that Hawthorn will be (list wise) for about five years. That is presuming they get Barass, Battle, another midfield, Mitch Lewis comes back (touch wood) and they get natural development from the 9 players under 23 that played on Friday.

To get 2 (maybe 3 finals) in addition to those blockbuster games against the Tigers, Pies and Blues this year is terrific for the development (it’s probably worth an extra season of development)

Jack was silly to post that on the socials. Sam needs to have a word.

Hawks go in with a free hit here..all the pressure on Port.
I'm really curious to see how they handle things if we lose.
I don't mind the arrogance/cheek of it, but I think if he's going to post like this, he's gotta have a response for the loss.
Such as showing up in a Bloods supporters jersey in Sydney if we lose.

That being said I wouldn't mind it if the AFL had more shit talk between players publicly, not necessarily old school, but is a lot of fun imo!

I think if he's going to post like this, he's gotta have a response for the loss.
Such as showing up in a Bloods supporters jersey in Sydney if we lose.
This would be awesome. I actually quite like Ginnivan and the entertainment value he brings, but I reckon a move like this would really endear him to a lot of people who don’t share my view.

Anyway, there’s a game to play out first so he could well be in Sydney in a Hawks guernsey yet

the Pt Adel response would have to come, it just has to
its the mental battle power will need to fight off as much as the hawks
there coach is playing for his job and the team from being a total laughing stock.
As much as i would like to see the Hawks continue on there brave fighting way
believe the power will pull themselves together and get over the line
power by 9p

Port by a lot they always perform when Ken's job is on the line

They must be ashamed of themselves after last week. They won't be so bad again

Kane Cornes basically called Butters a coward who abandoned his team while only 20 points down when he wasn't really injured. Butters is highly overrated but his best is still great and if he has any pride at all he will be BOG.

The Hawks bandwagon is loaded to capacity. Every bum whose team has been eliminated is supporting them. Following the mob rarely pays dividends. Port by 47

Will be interesting how Port goes, considering we haven’t played a game for a few weeks, and any depth players we bring in, rarely play (especially finals) because the SANFL is just so disgustingly poor.

Port by a lot they always perform when Ken's job is on the line

They must be ashamed of themselves after last week. They won't be so bad again

Kane Cornes basically called Butters a coward who abandoned his team while only 20 points down when he wasn't really injured. Butters is highly overrated but his best is still great and if he has any pride at all he will be BOG.

The Hawks bandwagon is loaded to capacity. Every bum whose team has been eliminated is supporting them. Following the mob rarely pays dividends. Port by 47

I doubt it will be a lot if they win, unless Hawthorn (who are 1st for points for, against and top 2 for clearances since round 8) have a massive downer.

This is not a great Port team - without Sicily, this Hawthorn team was 8 goals up in the wet against them earlier this year before they threw the game away.

That said, having watched the 2000 and 2007 Semi Finals - when Hawthorn was in exactly this same position - I’m not ruling out Port at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Frost fella critical to the Hawks defence?
Not really.

Our game plan revolves around team defence and denying inside 50 entries.

Doggies only had 39 in the EF, whereas their average across the season was 56.6 per game

Once opposition does get the ball in, our team defence is built to intercept and counterattack. As long as we have someone that can halve contests (at worst), we shouldn't have any issues.

Against Dixon/Marshall, I have no concerns with Phillips or Serong coming in.
If we make it through to the PF against Sydney, the same goes for Amartey/McDonald.

The problem will be if we can make it to the GF and need a high quality player to stand on either J.Cameron or J.Hogan.

I doubt it will be a lot if they win, unless Hawthorn (who are 1st for points for, against and top 2 for clearances since round 8) have a massive downer.

This is not a great Port team - without Sicily, this Hawthorn team was 8 goals up in the wet against them earlier this year before they threw the game away.

That said, having watched the 2000 and 2007 Semi Finals - when Hawthorn was in exactly this same position - I’m not ruling out Port at all
I love this narrative, Hawks 'threw the game away'
We overcame a 7 goal defeceit and you couldnt even score to put it out of reach, but it wasnt that we gave you a 7 goal head start that you couldnt add to, you just 'threw it away'.

I reckon you had it taken away.

We overcame a 7 goal defeceit and you couldnt even score to put it out of reach, but it wasnt that we gave you a 7 goal head start that you couldnt add to, you just 'threw it away'.

The Power literally kicked 2 goals in the last 40 seconds - the same thing happened against the Giants in Canberra which is, along with the Cats game in Canberra Hawthorn’s only losses since round 8.

I’m not saying Port can’t and won’t win - as I said the exact same thing happened to Hawthorn in 2000 and 2007 (we lost both to North by 10 points and 33 points) but on demonstrated form this year there is no way, that Port will belt Hawthorn. That is, unless Hawthorn have an enormous come down which is very possible with the AFL’s second youngest list

The Power literally kicked 2 goals in the last 40 seconds - the same thing happened against the Giants in Canberra which is, along with the Cats game in Canberra Hawthorn’s only losses since round 8.

I’m not saying Port can’t and won’t win - as I said the exact same thing happened to Hawthorn in 2000 and 2007 (we lost both to North by 10 points and 33 points) but on demonstrated form this year there is no way, that Port will belt Hawthorn. That is, unless Hawthorn have an enormous come down which is very possible with the AFL’s second youngest list
Dont care about the upcoming result.

Im pointing out this arrogance, that our win earlier in the year was because you threw it away, when reality is we took it away because you couldnt stop us or score yourselves.

A bit of both imo. We abandoned the attacking gamestyle that had served us well for the first 3 quarters and tried to defend the lead, and in doing so invited port to throw caution to the wind (which they did) and attack us relentlessly

A coaching stuff-up more on Mitchell’s behalf imo, likely coinciding with Hinkley telling his players to just go for it

A bit of both imo. We abandoned the attacking gamestyle that had served us well for the first 3 quarters and tried to defend the lead, and in doing so invited port to throw caution to the wind (which they did) and attack us relentlessly

A coaching stuff-up more on Mitchell’s behalf imo, likely coinciding with Hinkley telling his players to just go for it

Precisely, and remember was response was to the poster that said the Power might just ‘flick the switch’ and decide to belt Hawthorn - which is an enormously arrogant thing to say.

On demonstrated form over more than 4 months of football (including the last time they played) that has not played out.

That said, Hawthorn has been ‘up’ for more than 2 months which as an incredible young and inexperienced team is highly unusual. I doubt two first year players will kick 7 goals between them this week

Hawks seem to be norths bunnies. But wouldn’t you say port are ours?

Precisely, and remember was response was to the poster that said the Power might just ‘flick the switch’ and decide to belt Hawthorn - which is an enormously arrogant thing to say.

On demonstrated form over more than 4 months of football (including the last time they played) that has not played out.

That said, Hawthorn has been ‘up’ for more than 2 months which as an incredible young and inexperienced team is highly unusual. I doubt two first year players will kick 7 goals between them this week

It’s up to Chol MacDonald Ginni Moore Gunston Bruest to take their share of the load if the 2 younguns are held

Miss anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back