Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

"Form team of the competition" got thumped by the bottom 4 Adelaide Crows just three weeks earlier.

Like most of the discussion about the super inform Melbourne based sides, ignores who their opponents actually have been.

So the Hawks bottled it on multiple occasions when facing top 4 opponents?

Port turned the pressure up in the third team and strangled Hawthorn. Mitchell said it himself.

Yet the new flag favourites were absolutely pantsed on their unusually small ground.

Well done Port (and the timekeeper) for getting there, but it was absolutely a failure of Hawthorn to allow it to happen.

Precisely, and remember was response was to the poster that said the Power might just ‘flick the switch’ and decide to belt Hawthorn - which is an enormously arrogant thing to say.

On demonstrated form over more than 4 months of football (including the last time they played) that has not played out.

That said, Hawthorn has been ‘up’ for more than 2 months which as an incredible young and inexperienced team is highly unusual. I doubt two first year players will kick 7 goals between them this week
Im sorry, who said we might just 'flick a switch'?

That’s cool - but an unexpected Semi Final in a small stadium against a team that hates its coach is not a bigger occasion than the largest Elimination Final in history against the form team of the competition

In that final, 2 players in their first year kicked half our score. I don’t know if Hawthorn will win on Friday but it won’t be the occasion that gets them
Lol, form team.
This is the problem with you Vics, local media tells you something enough times you believe it
Only team to win its last 5 games was us, and we took some fair scalps in the process, you got Norf, Richmond and a banged up Blues.

And I dont believe the team hates their coach at all, the opposite infact which is why they rallied for 13 straight to keep him last year and won 8 of the last 9 after he got boo'd losing only to GC up there which was a theme for most of this year.

Lol, form team.
This is the problem with you Vics, local media tells you something enough times you believe it
Only team to win its last 5 games was us, and we took some fair scalps in the process, you got Norf, Richmond and a banged up Blues.

And I dont believe the team hates their coach at all, the opposite infact which is why they rallied for 13 straight to keep him last year and won 8 of the last 9 after he got boo'd losing only to GC up there which was a theme for most of this year.

Right - that was before the finals too.

IMG_6545.jpeg

Good thing we ‘don’t exist to win premierships,’ (one every 30 years) but just settle for a flag every 5 years instead…

Right - that was before the finals too.

View attachment 2106952

A good thing we ‘don’t exist to win premierships,’ (well one every 30 years) and just settle for a flag every 5 years instead…
Lol, I can cherry pick parts of the season too.
Rounds 20-24
Port 20pts
Gee 16pts
GWS 16pts
WB 16pts
Haw 16pts
Syd 12pts
Bris 12pts
Carl 4pts

More vic media drivel youve swallowed

Lol, I can cherry pick parts of the season too.
Rounds 20-24
Port 20pts
Gee 16pts
GWS 16pts
WB 16pts
Haw 16pts
Syd 12pts
Bris 12pts
Carl 4pts

More vic media drivel youve swallowed

What about finals?

It takes a special club to lose a home final by 14 goals. Hawthorn for example, in 100 seasons has never managed that amazing feat. For a club to that after just 28 years in the premier competition is elite 👍

More power to the SA media drivel too

You do realise ‘form ladders’ don’t look at WHO you beat…and why?
I just like how they cherry pick a 17 week block which conveniently omits the previous 7 weeks where the 'form Vic teams' had 5 wins betwern them.

Typical Vic propoganda that the locals lap up.

What about finals?

It takes a special club to lose a home final by 14 goals. Hawthorn for example, in 100 seasons has never managed that amazing feat. For a club to that after just 28 years in the premier competition is elite 👍

Lol, deflection post.

But yes, we lost by 14 goals to 11th on your 'form' ladder, says a lot about your ladder.

You do realise ‘form ladders’ don’t look at WHO you beat…and why?

True. We haven’t actually played the Swans since round 7 and have struggled badly with Geelong (who is a terrible match up for Hawthorn).

That said, the Hawks are 1-1 against GWS (one tight win, one tight loss) and lost the Power game by 19 seconds. I’d say that’s pretty decent form.

If (and it’s a big if) the Hawks win this week, I don’t give us much hope against the Swans (or GWS / Geelong). The Giants and Cats both have vastly superior tall forward lines to Port Power and Sydney should expose Hawthorn at the smaller SCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just like how they cherry pick a 17 week block which conveniently omits the previous 7 weeks where the 'form Vic teams' had 5 wins betwern them.

Typical Vic propoganda that the locals lap up.

I guess the ‘Vic propaganda’ hyped up the match enough to actually sell out.

It would have been pretty embarrassing if the final was 50% full due to Ken’s stellar 🎭

What about finals?

Hawthorn though have managed to lose on their home ground (despite not actually earning that right) to a team that has lost a Qualifying Final by 100+ points.

Twice.

Well done Port (and the timekeeper) for getting there, but it was absolutely a failure of Hawthorn to allow it to happen.
That load of crap excuse from Jon Ralph? Ump blew time off because the ball was kicked away from Rioli. When he got the ball back the umpire then proceeded to put Rioli on the correct line. Once that was done, he blew time on, and the clock restarted. Everything occurred as it should.

Maybe the form team should've tried kicking more than 1 point in the last quarter.

Hawthorn though have managed to lose on their home ground (despite not actually earning that right) to a team that has lost a Qualifying Final by 100+ points.

Twice.

Won the flag the year after too. Sort of like how the ‘87 GF loss was followed by ‘88-89 and ‘’12 spurred ‘13, ‘14 and ‘15.

That's why I’m not concerned what happens on Friday we've already matched the 2007 year for development…and what followed (at least for Hawthorn) in the decade after was glorious.

Even in 2001, a much less talented Hawthorn Football Club advanced to a Prelims after they defeated Port and fell just short in one of the eras top finals against their greatest rival (Essendon)

This game will be far, far closer than what the pundits are predicting. Its a genuine coin flip - with the only winner being the Swans.

Last edited:
Lol, deflection post.

But yes, we lost by 14 goals to 11th on your 'form' ladder, says a lot about your ladder.

Do you think that getting smashed by 11th on the form ladder is a bad look for the ladder? I can see why the Port board keeps signing up Ken.

I guess the ‘Vic propaganda’ hyped up the match enough to actually sell out.

It would have been pretty embarrassing if the final was 50% full due to Ken’s stellar 🎭
Nah, the AFL allowed 4 tickets to be bought with 1 members barcode. There will be a few fans attending their first AFL match for the year this Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back