Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Alot of people seem to be so shocked at this? Whilst I haven't had a chance to play this yet, I can't judge.

However, we're living in the age of broken games on release, not just by Big Ant.. But even by much larger developers.

Look at Battlefield 2042 is a prime example.. That sh*t was unplayable when released. Look at Cyberpunk - worst release I'm history. Duke Nukem remake. GTA Trilogy. This list goes on.

Alot of people seem to be so shocked at this? Whilst I haven't had a chance to play this yet, I can't judge.

However, we're living in the age of broken games on release, not just by Big Ant.. But even by much larger developers.

Look at Battlefield 2042 is a prime example.. That sh*t was unplayable when released. Look at Cyberpunk - worst release I'm history. Duke Nukem remake. GTA Trilogy. This list goes on.

And they were all torn a new arseh*le too.

Would love if Ross could come in and confirm when we will be receiving this patch…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Please. Like he’s gonna do that. He couldn’t even tell us ProTeam wasn’t gonna be available day 1 despite previously stating it was due to the delay
He banged on about the deepest game to date and didn’t even tell us there’s no stats
This whole launch has been embarrassing and all Ross ever comes back with is “the pre order numbers are insane derp derp”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He banged on about the deepest game to date and didn’t even tell us there’s no stats
This whole launch has been embarrassing and all Ross ever comes back with is “the pre order numbers are insane derp derp”

To be fair he did comment on the deepest game thing. By saying everyone's been face scanned 😬

We have obviously had issues with the zero day patch and are working to resolve asap.

Hard to justify buying this game when it’s constant “we’ve had issues with etc etc” will we get a patch before majority of your players have the game? Surely after all the delays and empty promises, you can ATLEAST deliver a patch on day 1!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even huge dev teams don't have their fingers in that many pies... it's clearly quantity over quality.
Yep... developing complex software is extremely hard. I'm a software developer and work with really brilliant people and we've had to extend a test period for two months because of bugs. I couldn't imagine doing four big releases in a year.

Yep... developing complex software is extremely hard. I'm a software developer and work with really brilliant people and we've had to extend a test period for two months because of bugs. I couldn't imagine doing four big releases in a year.
Especially with all the nuances and complexity of a real time sport simulation game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back