Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

hey it's me
Yeah gameplay is buggy as all ****. Issues with switching players and being locked to one, Handballing is almost quite literally impossible, AI is essentially braindead (as you can see in the above video). ALOT of hype for this game and a lot promised, with hardly a solid delivery with a launch build. I just felt all this with Jedi Survivor, and now again with this. ahhhhhhh

Online is completely broken, it keeps crashing during the fourth quarter. This is on top of the fact you can't orientate the players properly, it's reminiscent of the tank controls in Resident Evil 1 for PS1, it's that broken.

The game looks and plays great, but there are some gameplay issues. Honestly it does feel exciting to play.

• Handballing feels a bit wonky and off.
  • opposition players sometimes look stranded or don’t chase for posession
  • player on the mark does a hot shoe shuffle at times
  • perhaps have players in the midfield crouch down or make it look like they are waiting for a disposal from the tackle.
  • For a future update, I’d recommend looking at fine tuning the fluidity of player body movements around the contest.
  • Stats, maybe a fine tuning of stats at the end.

But as a base, this is nice start to build from and you’ve done a great job on live atmosphere, graphics and animations, game environment, I like the commentary, it feels more fine tuned and broader than Evo 2. The menus and overall presentation is top notch. Just some gameplay issues to iron out.
The players can't orientate, it's the worst I've come across. Players are running backwards when you want to run forwards or side ways.

Just played my first game which was a Showdown, I won by 112 points on medium as Port. The game's AI is completely broken, the opposition players were always either standing around or running away from me. I ran into many open goals with no pressure at all, that would never happen in Live 1 in the manner I did in 23. The player movement is really bad, the players don't orientate properly, they're running backwards, when I'm moving the thumbstick forwards or sideways. That would never happen in Live 1, the players would move properly. Live 1 blitzes 23 out of the water when it comes to player movement and AI. They're really going to have to fix this up. I'm a bit shocked how much of a downgrade it is compared to Live 1.
What a horribly unrealistic scoreline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed Chris Farley GIF

Another thing, you can't hand pass in directions that you're not facing, ie can't backwards handpass.

Surely not? It looks like I've seen a bunch of over the head handpasses? In AFL Live 1 they were a bit excessive but they did contribute to a nice flow of the game.

Is there any chance pro team will be in after the day 1 patch is released? I just can’t fathom they’d advertise it in the trailer and on AFL’s social media when it’s not there at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back