Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Assuming Goldberg is in camp 3, unsure why the need to constantly say it's unplayable. We all know it is, I don't think anyone's out there genuinely say it's great now. Just doesn't seem constructive. If you're in camp 1 or 2 I'd expect that commentary, but not if you're in camp 3. And unless you're in camp 3 I'm not sure why you'd be playing the game at all.
he's raising the issue because it hasn't been addressed yet. the fact he's documenting it via videos as well will only help BA even more, not sure what the issue is here.

So then why have you put in 20 hours?
I’ve seen him post a handful of YouTube clips today highlighting specific issues, that I assume are for Ross and co to see and rectify.

I believe everyone has different views on unplayable and how much they’re enjoying the game but it’s great to see him doing all this despite him believing the game is unplayable when many others with that belief would’ve given up and returned the game.

He’s providing feedback that ultimately will help the game become playable for everybody.

I was mostly in stadium creator, did you check out my stadiums, too?
Was gonna post in here - what stadiums have people created? Is there a list of yours so I can download and have a muck around?

I’ve seen him post a handful of YouTube clips today highlighting specific issues, that I assume are for Ross and co to see and rectify.

I believe everyone has different views on unplayable and how much they’re enjoying the game but it’s great to see him doing all this despite him believing the game is unplayable when many others with that belief would’ve given up and returned the game.

He’s providing feedback that ultimately will help the game become playable for everybody.

Ok I'll leave this be now but last point, I completely agree that this is constructive and great and I'm not saying he's the worst poster on this site and should be kicked out.

That constructive feedback was interspersed with commentary saying that the game is completely broken and not fun etc which to me just seems unnecessary, if you're also someone providing constructive feedback to get the game fixed.

It's kinda like giving feedback to a staff member saying hey just improve these areas and you'll be great. Then 2 minutes later saying this guy is the worst staff member I've ever seen and produces nothing. You can't really have it both ways. Or you can, but it's disingenuous.

As an Xbox owner I have nothing but gratitude for GoldbergsGold pumping 20 hours into this game, recording the buggy footage, and sharing it with us all.

The rest of you should be doing the same :moustache:
Not really to be honest, most of it was in stadium creator, and I've had it running minimized in the background, as I alt tabbed out to do other things. I haven't actually put that much time into the actual games.

Waverley and Football Park I created. Some guy copied my Football Park and got things inaccurate about it.
I'll try track them down on academy. Might as well muck around in the user created stadiums now whilst waiting for management mode to become somewhat playable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to make a custom club and just noticed I can’t change jerseys or edit them in any way. Am I being dense or is this feature missing entirely?

Ok I'll leave this be now but last point, I completely agree that this is constructive and great and I'm not saying he's the worst poster on this site and should be kicked out.

That constructive feedback was interspersed with commentary saying that the game is completely broken and not fun etc which to me just seems unnecessary, if you're also someone providing constructive feedback to get the game fixed.

It's kinda like giving feedback to a staff member saying hey just improve these areas and you'll be great. Then 2 minutes later saying this guy is the worst staff member I've ever seen and produces nothing. You can't really have it both ways. Or you can, but it's disingenuous.
I was trying to explain that the key functions and controls are unresponsive. I'm not wicked witch hunting Big Ant by any means.

Waverley and Football Park I created. Some guy copied my Football Park and got things inaccurate about it.
Had a look at Waverly, kinda sucks the game doesn't have any similar stand to waverlys
3e52e4732bbe88482613a6e89ece39e4

1683523224436.png

Trying to make a custom club and just noticed I can’t change jerseys or edit them in any way. Am I being dense or is this feature missing entirely?
Missing atm. I’m also holding out for at the LEAST they add a second guernsey to custom teams, in its current state I can’t have 2 custom teams verse as they will have the same guernsey. Also hoping to hear when custom teams will be playable in Season & Manager mode, or when we’ll be able to alter the existing AFL team squads and transfer players between clubs

Very likely coming to PC today, along with the creator.

Console will be able to download teams, but not create them - that will come for Consoles tomorrow.

Was thinking the same thing- AFL Live 2004 had the pop up like below, a smaller/cleaner version of this would be awesome. Any of those broadcast feel pop ups (disposal leaders, goals etc.) enhance the in game experience a lot. Not sure previously mentioned but having the fantasy points in the stats options was also great in previous games. Looking forward to the patch tonight on console.

afl-live-2004-08.png
This would be a fantastic addition. JNT BA Surely this is doable once you guys have gotten the game to where you want it to be?

I kind of see it as 3 camps.

Camp 1 - Angry at Big Ant/gaming industry for releasing a broken game,

Camp 3 - Aware the game has critical bugs and aware Big Ant is working on them. Think the game still has potential so playing it to help find bugs and pass on feedback.

I'm flirting between 2 camps :p
I am hopeful that the game is further improved (as it has taken a few strides since launch).

But there's a lot of work to be done to get it to a level where it would be the GOTO game to get my footy fix on a permanent basis.

He's raising issues because no one else is. No one is going on about the turning of players despite actually being a major issue. Until Big Ant can rectify the situation, then there shouldn't be a problem with him raising it.
All well and good, but these also need to be raised through the support page too. I may have missed it if he said that's what he was doing, but it's better to raise them through there and not a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back