Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

It's surprising to me that unresponsive controls are not the number 1 complaint, that people are saying it's fine and cross that I dare document and bring it up.
You are on PC? I was going to say this yesterday. I have seen you bringing this up, and I am seeing it but evidently not as often as you seem to be. Launch day on PS5 I certainly saw this quite often but since the first patch its "only" a handful of times a game. Im seeing the 75m backwards handballs nearly as often.
It is one of the most pressing issues but you seem to be seeing it a lot more than maybe people on console are.

Amazingly, none of the trophies seem to be glitched.

You'd have to be a sadist like me to play this game at the moment though. Hopefully all the crash reports I've submitted help BA sort out the mess. I think it definitely could come good, it's fun at times for sure, but it's pretty damn frustrating in it's current state.

I was a huge fan of AFL Live 1 back in the day, but feels like there is a lot of work needed just to get it on par with that. Hopefully for BA's sake there is a working version of the game waiting in the wings like I've seen mentioned...

One tip I discovered that saved Management Mode for me, was I found there was less crashes when changing they guernseys before each match, this was the only way I could get Management Mode to work, otherwise it would just crash consistently eventually (PS4).

Overall it's just a huge disappointment at launch, as everyone mentions you need to expect to deal with:
  • Frequent crashes.
  • Players being uncontrollable/seizuring more often than not.
  • Players being "on rails" far too much (I always use manual switching and you just can't stop a player from going where it was originally planning to until it's reached it)
  • Opposition players teleporting to tackle, combined with every controlled player having Spider Burtons foot to ball speed.
  • Players teleporting for marks. (Sometimes my player when going to a marking contest - I am wondering why the player isn't moving in the direction I want, then all of a sudden they put the jets on and moonwalk backwards at 25m/s.)
  • Random ball physics (where an open shot running into goal in the goal square can result in the ball being launched back 50m outside the 50m arc)

That's without factoring in the game features being pretty stripped down from any recent AFL game/what was advertised.

Biggest pet hate for me though, is that the game is "online only"! Why do this shit for a game like this?
The game is unplayable without a connection to BAs servers... Too bad if you don't have an internet connection, or just want to have a quick game one night without having to wait for an 18gb patch.

Pt.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest pet hate for me though, is that the game is "online only"! Why do this s**t for a game like this?
The game is unplayable without a connection to BAs servers... Too bad if you don't have an internet connection, or just want to have a quick game one night without having to wait for an 18gb patch.
Yeah, pretty sure this was there to prevent early access from street date breaking... and maybe for some cheater-detection/cancellation... dunno...
But it means you can't use an old patch version (which we all wanted to after the launch)... Sorta shot themselves in the foot by implementing this.

Biggest pet hate for me though, is that the game is "online only"! Why do this s**t for a game like this?

Kinda needed atm though.

GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

Unfortunately Online isn't playable for me currently.

5 x attempts at an online game and haven't been able to fully complete one.

Noticing a lot of ball teleporting as well when tacking opposition as well, they just seem to move it forward somehow.

The ball teleportation is crazy at the moment, especially after a smother. it just ends up 30m away in a completely different situation. Smothered a kick in the back pocket, ball was teleporting around like a ping pong ball in a tumble dryer, and then it just magically ended up in the other pocket, in the arms of an attacker who waltzed into an open goal.

Also I'm not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but the fend off / right-stick juking seems to be OP as **** on PS5. I had someone successfully fend off 7 tackles in a row while running their way into goal. Doesn't seem balanced at all.

I've seen people saying there is currently WAFL players that actually can be viewed in the game, can someone send some screenshots through of these players if they are actually in the game somewhere?

bloody hell that’s ridiculous. Any chance Ross can explain why this is required presently, and why it can’t be altered to allow offline play?

So many of the “fixes” seem to be cheat like solutions which aren’t real fixes at all

I liked Evo 2 always having a spare man in the pocket when kicking in after a behind. Like I know it was hard coded in and a bit of a brute force cheating method of allowing us to clear the ball out of defence in lieu of real tactics, but it worked.

So long as shit is fixed I don't really care how they do it.

Nek minnut triangle/Y is an overpowered and overused clearance kick :straining:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back