Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Few Custom Stadiums​

Also, sort by downloads really needs to be added

"1992-2002 MCG"​

"1970s MCG"​

Subiaco​

"Private School Ground"​

Was expecting Blacktown International Sportspark as a ground... Looks like either I'll need to try and create it or search it and download it when I start playing, which is really difficult at the moment - busy life and so many patches being uploaded mean I am still getting the connection error as my game is still version 1.000.000 🙄

Was expecting Blacktown International Sportspark as a ground... Looks like either I'll need to try and create it or search it and download it when I start playing, which is really difficult at the moment - busy life and so many patches being uploaded mean I am still getting the connection error as my game is still version 1.000.000 🙄
Is Stadium Australia in it? if not, someone should try making it, I use to like playing there in Live 1.

BigAntStudios Hey mate, in the roadmap or further plans. Are there plans to fix or overhaul 'new player' generation in management mode in the future? My game all the under 18's are identical ect

I've been trying to build some country footy grounds and getting things sparse enough is a challenge.
One ground I've been building is the Chinnery Oval in Port Augusta.
It has a wire fence and no stands. It is surrounded by trees and some water.
The trees in the game aren't dense enough. I'd love to be able to customise a background as an image and/or import 3d models with textures to add some more realism. 4 sponsor slots is a bit weird too as you are more likely to see lots of little sponsor boards, far more than four.
The other annoyance was that the Coles logo came up in the centre which would be annoying for any other league than the AFL.
Also, does anyone know if there is a way to change the ground colour? Lots more red in the soil there. chinnery.png chin2.png

Watched twisties stream and that upright frozen ball thing happened at least 100 times. Just has to be fixed asap. So many of the “fixes” seem to be cheat like solutions which aren’t real fixes at all
Its the way Big Ant operate. Just look at their fix for the grandstand camera clipping issue. Rather than fix it they go around it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was gonna post in here - what stadiums have people created? Is there a list of yours so I can download and have a muck around?
I was going to try and do my old local side's oval, which is just an oval in the middle of paddocks and crops, but couldn't figure out the surrounds so went and created a player instead.

bloody hell that’s ridiculous. Any chance Ross can explain why this is required presently, and why it can’t be altered to allow offline play?
Wasn't it the day one patch that apparently sent this game balls up? Wonder if theres someway around that... maybe the disk version without the day one patch is the holy grail we seek

Pretty sure there was a decent reason for that

The stands or something would clip through the camera, which is a weird reason because it doesn't affect any other sports games. Including Big Ant's own?

Normally things that are behind the camera or would clip though like this aren't drawn because the player won't see them (also improves performance). I don't think that solution was ever commented on.

Pretty sure there was a decent reason for that
Yeah, laziness.

The solution to a clipping issue is not to put the camera in the wrong spot. The solution is to fix the clipping issue.

Is the PS patch that is coming out tonight going to include the additional patch Steam are supposedly getting this afternoon?

Is the PS patch that is coming out tonight going to include the additional patch Steam are supposedly getting this afternoon?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Steam players are the guinea pigs used to pick up any new issues the patch introduces, because it's easier and less time consuming to releases fixes on Steam than it is on PlayStation. Once it's OK on Steam, it'll come to PlayStation.

GoldbergsGold at the risk of being that guy, what the heck is up with the main stand on your vfl park build might be worst then the benches bug 😂😂 But love your work
3e52e4732bbe88482613a6e89ece39e4
1683526372461.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back