Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Evo 1 still the worst release I have ever seen tbh. It didn't crash like this but it exhibited such little understanding of AFL I turned it off and never played again after 1 day. I spent the first few hours fixing all the issues with players. Rory Thompson was a midfielder lmao

Finding it a lot more playable now you can handball etc

but first time Ive had this issue CPU kicked a point and game froze on goal umpire with nothing but crowd sound and can't do nothing 🙄

playing Ps5 latest patch*

Live 1 you had a lot of customization with user generated players.
And AFL 23 has loads more customisation than AFL Live, not to mention the cross-platform sharing of stadiums, etc etc.

Really do not understand your point?

5th crash of the day during the same pre season match in Manager Mode.

If BigAnt are checking this forum can you PLEASE fix the crashing issues on PS5. I’ve already mentioned my displeasure with sprint speeds/acceleration and player turning circles but if I can’t even get through games what’s the use of fixing gameplay.View attachment 1683611
There is a dedicated team at support.bigant.com that can try to help resolve particular crash instances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that looks awesome cheers mate.

I also miss my 1/4 chicken and chips at HT haha none of that anymore at optus :(

I used to smuggle KFC in from the Subi restaurant. Sometimes Subway. Good times.

Not too many outside options near Otpus but at least the stadium food is better. Do like the curries they do with the chutney and yoghurt.

I used to smuggle KFC in from the Subi restaurant. Sometimes Subway. Good times.

Not too many outside options near Otpus but at least the stadium food is better. Do like the curries they do with the chutney and yoghurt.
Oooo now that's ideas man haha

I can't say I've had much of the food at optus normally too many beers deep to worry about food haha. Tho what little food i have there had been in the open air boxes and has always been awesome

Playing on camera side normal, it’s really difficult to tell a difference between guernseys sometimes in twilight/afternoon games

Players don’t really stand out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I struggle at times too. Surely there’s accessibility features to make this clearer.

Improving each patch. Am reasonably happy and still willing to allow time to pass before getting frustrated.

Now there are the obvious issues already mentioned countless times (Crashes, Handballs, 3-4 defending players standing around an opponents mark, apparent not truly fixed marking meter etc)

However, am surprised have not seen a comment yet about the lag and choppiness of centre bounces. The mechanics of rucking itself seem to work but the visuals are jarring. It does not happen on around ground rucking.

PS5 (Disk)
Latest Patch (1.07)
Play Now

In it's currant state - would anyone recommend Afl 23 or evolution 2?
I'm in need of a footy game fix, haven't played one in ages
I really like Evo 2 with my own settings for it. But it's no longer on Steam for sale I don't think.
AFL23 is probably slightly less fun and far more frustrating right now but I think it will be the far superior game in a few weeks.

And AFL 23 has loads more customisation than AFL Live, not to mention the cross-platform sharing of stadiums, etc etc.

Really do not understand your point?
I was able to mold a face in Live 1. In 23, it only gives a few options. Is there something like a position, tilt, separation, and depth option in 23?

live 1.JPG

afl 23 eye.JPG

Improving each patch. Am reasonably happy and still willing to allow time to pass before getting frustrated.

Now there are the obvious issues already mentioned countless times (Crashes, Handballs, 3-4 defending players standing around an opponents mark, apparent not truly fixed marking meter etc)

However, am surprised have not seen a comment yet about the lag and choppiness of centre bounces. The mechanics of rucking itself seem to work but the visuals are jarring. It does not happen on around ground rucking.

PS5 (Disk)
Latest Patch (1.07)
Play Now
Happy to look at what you find jarring - best is support.bigant.com as JNT BA and the QA team are constantly converting those requests into dev tickets, it's the fastest way to get direct to the developers.

They are the same.

Just downloaded, it said patch 1.006

Same contents different patch number for ps4? Lots of crashing just tried to boot up a play now game to test, 3 crashes in a row. The guide section is nice, good to know more about marking timing and right stick function when trying to evade.

In it's currant state - would anyone recommend Afl 23 or evolution 2?
I'm in need of a footy game fix, haven't played one in ages
If you’ve not bought either get 23, will receive more updates and features and if they genuinely keep supporting it and listening to fans it will be the best afl game ever

If you’ve got both or already got evo 2 play that. Way more stable and less frustrating

playing second game of new patch since the last one crashed

This is the first time I've had fun playing the game....being able to hit a target with a handball and sting a few together and turn it into a nice passage of play and kick a goal feels so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back