Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Just had a look and can’t find it. I saw in Twistie3 video that certain state league players from the WAFL were available in the mid season draft. I’m assuming that’s all there is to it and they haven’t actually created the leagues to be used in quick play.
Despite them promising it... Blatant false advertising.

I get the impression that the game has been torn apart, code-wise, in so many different ways (specific builds to show what they are allowed to for different events/streamers etc etc) that there's a lot of builds floating around in-house. Somewhere along the line that's probably where a mix-up happened. If anyone around here is into programming and familier with "git", it's like someone accidently pushed a build from the beta branch instead of the master or stable branch. Just my example, 2c thoughts.

My game kept crashing after each management mode game and I'd lose progress. Decided I'll try season mode and wait for a hopeful soon enough patch. On season mode you can't set the lineups, dunno if it changes off performance or injuries week to week, or just stays default. Very bizarre, wonder if it's intentional or another bug

Despite them promising it... Blatant false advertising.
Yep. The gameplay stuff being buggy and getting patched I can understand. But then leaving out features such as state leagues is absolutely unacceptable. I’d love to think they will add this in the patch but I highly doubt it as patches tend to be gameplay related if I’m correct?

I get the impression that the game has been torn apart, code-wise, in so many different ways (specific builds to show what they are allowed to for different events/streamers etc etc) that there's a lot of builds floating around in-house. Somewhere along the line that's probably where a mix-up happened. If anyone around here is into programming and familier with "git", it's like someone pushed a build from the beta branch instead of the master or stable branch.
OMG GIT, I deal with Moodle atm, for those who are in uni you know what i am talking about. The number of **** ups when a new patch is pushed through.........I feel their pain

Well, my bank account took a hit on my way home from a meeting this morning.

Benefits of working from home this afternoon is I can install both while I’m working and kick into gear immediately after work, hopefully the patch is out by then being on Perth time and all.

If not, Hogwarts finally!

View attachment 1677725
I want your disposable income

OMG GIT, I deal with Moodle atm, for those who are in uni you know what i am talking about. The number of * ups when a new patch is pushed through.........I feel their pain
Well I don't know what version control system BA uses, but that's the thing I'm most familiar with and can use in an example. One thing for sure, for mine, what people are playing is not what was intended.

I get the impression that the game has been torn apart, code-wise, in so many different ways (specific builds to show what they are allowed to for different events/streamers etc etc) that there's a lot of builds floating around in-house. Somewhere along the line that's probably where a mix-up happened. If anyone around here is into programming and familier with "git", it's like someone accidently pushed a build from the beta branch instead of the master or stable branch. Just my example, 2c thoughts.
Probably patched the last minute logo numbers request onto a 6 month old build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want your disposable income
Look, I do alright but it’s definitely not disposable, I spend money on some silly things.

I do have a knack of upselling things on marketplace too. That helps out in some cases when I get interested in things.

For instance - I decided to take up golf, I bought a $50 set, sold it for $100, bought a $100 set and sold it for $200, and so on, my clubs are now worth about $1500.

The game that's currently being played was absolutely not what was meant to be what was launched.

Large chunks of files got corrupt and put out what we see currently which is not what was planned.

Steam patch coming soon today. Ps not far behind.

Stats are meant to be in, better AI defending/ tackling etc.

A whole raft of things.

They will keep putting out patches to piece it back together.

Via PinkPanters Discord
I doubt we will see the same patch Steam get on PS for a good week, that is usually the delay that FIFA's title updates have because it has to have approval from Sony.

Look, I do alright but it’s definitely not disposable, I spend money on some silly things.

I do have a knack of upselling things on marketplace too. That helps out in some cases when I get interested in things.

For instance - I decided to take up golf, I bought a $50 set, sold it for $100, bought a $100 set and sold it for $200, and so on, my clubs are now worth about $1500.
A good old side hustle, I think they call it these days.

Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson got delisted from GCS after the first season. Thought I’d try to get them but they just completely disappeared out of the game. Couldn’t draft them in the national or anything else. Not a huge issue considering it crashes and quits out of every management mode game, cant tackle, move off the ball etc. bit of a shit show

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This game has insane amounts of potential. I bet within a month we will all sit back laughing at this launch as we play the best afl game we’ve received. Horrible launch, but heaps of potential.
I've only mucked around with the goal kicking so far while waiting for the first patch, and it's very well done.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson got delisted from GCS after the first season. Thought I’d try to get them but they just completely disappeared out of the game. Couldn’t draft them in the national or anything else. Not a huge issue considering it crashes and quits out of every management mode game, cant tackle, move off the ball etc. bit of a s**t show

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Realistic. It's Jarryd Lyons all over again.

If that's what happened its ridiculous incompetence though, test everything is correct before a game goes live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back