Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Tackling does work post patch.

Everything was working. The game we got this morning was never the planned release version.

The planned release version had the stats, proper ai, etc that Is the pieces now being re patched in separately.

Doesn't make it any less annoying obviously.

But just more giving context to they didn't just push out the game this morning thinking everything was OK and no one would notice.

S H A M B L E S that’s all it is really. They fumbled the bag big time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tackling does work post patch.

Everything was working. The game we got this morning was never the planned release version.

The planned release version had the stats, proper ai, etc that Is the pieces now being re patched in separately.

Doesn't make it any less annoying obviously.

But just more giving context to they didn't just push out the game this morning thinking everything was OK and no one would notice.
My issue is less that, it's that you're having to tell us this Michaels.

Unless you work for Big Ant, we shouldn't have to wait for streamers to tell the buying public the basic functions of a game. The most we got was a Ps4-focused list of controls from JNT BA last night, and occasional scraps after some posters here begged for them.

Totally understandable that it's a BA mistake that was never meant to happen, but the lack of comms around the launch has me feeling like I've been taken for a ride.

Last edited:
I just hope over the weekend/week they can patch the massive issues and we can have a decent game, just the release of the patch for PlayStation is driving me insane.

You’d think they would want to have at least a playable game come the weekend. Obviously not everyone will have the time mid week to play and will be doing so on the weekend… seems like console patching (going by others comments) takes slightly longer than PC.

This is what the game can (will?) be:

1200px-2021_Ferrari_F8_Tributo.jpg

This is the game that came in this morning:

4YbPGx-nCV4aP0JegdiSeVxVgne42GMu8SJNlGDCMcA.jpg

Basically there's a good experience to be had, but someone forgot to tighten the lug nuts before delivery and the wheels fell off.

Mentioned fairly often in the lead up to release that I couldn’t tell if this was a good game being marketed poorly or a bad game being marketed appropriately.

Everything in the lead up to release makes much more sense now in the context of what was delivered to customers today.

It wasn’t a marketing strategy we couldn’t understand. They marketed the product they had appropriately. If I had to sell what was released today I’d take the same approach bigant did. Limit information as much as possible.

Bigant have another 3 games releasing this year. Ridiculous workload and evidently unsustainable.

I know people have made a mention about stats (team stats, players stats) is there any word of the player kicking for goals stats that pop up when they are lining up for goal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a drafting and trading video somewhere?
The trading is actually good. You have to first negotiate a contract with a player you want to trade for before you can even try and trade for him. Unfortunately trade logic isn’t perfect but it’s pretty solid.

Drafting is straight up dog water. Every rookie is the same bald face scan, it doesn’t show you height + weight or even what team they previously played for. Every drafted player also inherits number 0

Mentioned fairly often in the lead up to release that I couldn’t tell if this was a good game being marketed poorly or a bad game being marketed appropriately.

Everything in the lead up to release makes much more sense now in the context of what was delivered to customers today.

It wasn’t a marketing strategy we couldn’t understand. They marketed the product they had appropriately. If I had to sell what was released today I’d take the same approach bigant did. Limit information as much as possible.

Bigant have another 3 games releasing this year. Ridiculous workload and evidently unsustainable.

Great points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back