Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
It’s been said before but this is just ridiculous, we still never got a straight answer about state leagues, pro team etc.

We can say all we want that this wasn’t the intended release version but Big Ant have been playing coy with a lot of info over the last few weeks and now this

They should’ve learnt their lesson after the debacle that was AO Tennis 1s launch but here we are again

Considering its 3 weeks past the original release date shouldn't we already have a classic?
Not really how the gaming industry works unfortunately. I'm just greatful that the signs are there that this will be epic.

Anyone that's played a few games and gone through all the menus can see that well get there eventually.

Love the details on the VFL grounds.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with most of this, but seriously did no one at big ant actually play this game ?

After 2 matches, I could already identify a bunch of issues, I just don’t understand when they’ve had 3 extra weeks, how some of this stuff gets through
This is what I don't get. 3 quarters in at 1am and I had a list of about 10 major issues and 10 more minor glitches and annoyances.
I don't now how big the dev team is but I'm guessing there's at least 3 of them who could have played a quarter each before releasing the game and found the same problems I did. My assumption (because I don't know what the alternative is) is that they wanted to make a game about a sport they're passionate about but they couldn't do it and were happy to just release it in a poor state.
I just don't get it.
I've never developed a game but I've worked in a cafe. If you bought a coffee and I picked up a cup full of coffee grounds and empty sugar packets, I don't think I'd be able to give it to you, with a straight face, and hope you just didn't realise it's not what you paid for. And I wouldn't expect you to hang around and wait for me to make you a new version that's got a drop of milk and one less sugar packet in it.
If there's no updates (beyond this initial 'nothing' patch) in the coming days, I can't see them ever making another AFL game because I don't think they'll have any return customers.
They're just lucky it's a small audience that they've sold this to and it probably won't harm their cricket and rugby sales too much.

They aught to contact the guy on here making that Footy Showdown game and get him to handle gameplay. It may look like it was released in the mid 80s but it looks like it flows better than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowds are a bit weird in season mode, 3rd place Melbourne vs 4th place richmond on anzac eve:View attachment 1677920
Yeah this is not what dynamic crowds should be like given the context... better not to have them at all than something like this. Ruins the immersion. Based on what we saw in Michaels pre launch build gameplay with 50,000 fans at a pouring wet adelaide oval, I have a feeling there'll be little to no dynamic crowds as the game gets patched. I am hoping this isn't the case, so long as they can be implemented properly.

Yeah this is not what dynamic crowds should be like given the context... better not to have them at all than something like this. Ruins the immersion. Based on what we saw in Michaels pre launch build gameplay with 50,000 fans at a pouring wet adelaide oval, I have a feeling there'll be little to no dynamic crowds as the game gets patched. I am hoping this isn't the case, so long as they can be implemented properly.
Yeah true, you can also change it in the graphics settings which I would rather do from game to game

Please fix the ultrawide issues in one of the upcoming patches. 3440 x 1440 turns a ultrawide image into 16:9 resolution so players are stretched and when you change the resolution to 2560 x 1440 it stretches a 16:9 image to 21:9 and everyone is Joe Misiti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back