Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
A mistake ? A ?
Try multiple with no communication. Hate the world and what it is as much as you want but it’s the basics of marketing and communication that they can’t get right
Has nothing to do a little mistake. In fact if BigAnt (Ross) had been transparent throughout this whole process, I’m sure we’d be more inclined to kick back and trust what’s to come with this patch
But that ain’t the scenario so you should probably get off that high horse brother
I understand the sentiment of what you’re saying but that’s not really how most publishers and devs work in the industry. The fact Ross comes in here and gives some answers, ignores others, gives vague answers etc.. etc..
adds to this notion of poor communication.. and at times that’s what it does look like, I agree.
BUT he’s doing what very few others do.
Most publishers give nothing. And using the most famous example - cyberpunk and the most recent - Redfall the publishers and PR down right lie and even fabricate builds and demos to deceive people that the game is something other than what it is.
I get the frustration in regards to the communication but I’m just of the view that no communication AT ALL is the industry norm.

Could you please confirm something for me that I and others have asked so many times? Are state leagues coming to the game as advertised
He liked a comment before when someone said they would be in the game as vfl guernseys with logos and sponsors were in it, so that confirms it for me..

So what about the people that don’t use big footy, why are they still left in the dark about bugs and etc. Only a couple of social media posts since the games announcement and only tid bits of gameplay from creators until release? What is going on?
Yeah - we found and fixed that bug today - if you create a custom stadium without a fence then it puts the interchange in the middle of the ground. (It was coded to attach the benches to the fence, didn't contemplate not having one.)
hT

I don't understand how do you release a game with no stats, a game mode fully missing and no tactics??
Afl 2007 had stats and tactics you can access at any time.
I really don't understand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be curious to see how much further it could be stripped back given currently there is no logo or guernsey creator for custom teams, playable state league teams, any of the mini games listed in the YouTube trailer and of course pro team. Really glad I chucked a sickie to play today 😮‍💨

I don't understand how do you release a game with no stats, a game mode fully missing and no tactics??
Afl 2007 had stats and tactics you can access at any time.
I really don't understand
No point in asking him. He only answers the questions suited to him

Hopefully now that Ross is here he can answer a lot of questions, rather than dipping off in 5 minutes and not returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back