Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Anyone else had the problem, when kicking out after an opposition behind. You try to kick to the pocket and the game spins you around and kicks the ball back though the goals for a "deliberate rushed behind"?
I'm more concerned that a generation of kids will grow up thinking that is how to play.

Anyone else had the problem, when kicking out after an opposition behind. You try to kick to the pocket and the game spins you around and kicks the ball back though the goals for a "deliberate rushed behind"?
Hello 2008 Hawthorn

Biggest issue for me atm is you still don’t have complete control of your players
Sometimes when the AI get a chain going, it’s like the player you control just freezes to allow them to do so unless you’re within tackle distance
You can't make turns or move in the direction you want. I don't know how anyone can play this game in that condition. Not even those WW AFL games I'm not too fond of had that major problem.

Everytime I spoil the ball over the goal line the game crashes…. Every single time without fail!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ross has lied to us since day one.

Blind faith rewarded exactly how it should be. With a kick in the teeth.

The frustrating thing is that they’ve produced just enough gems for me to keep the faith. Don Bradman Cricket 14 was excellent and changed the approach to cricket games. They’ve been so up and down since then.

League live 3 was a really good game. AFL Live is still lauded by some as the best ever.

But they just seem to have this capacity to shoot themselves in the foot and fail to iterate. They always seem to be 1 or 2 games away from a disaster and since NACON has come in it’s been even worse.

I hope that BigAnt have a major soul searching session after this release. This game had to be a home run for them from day 1.

The frustrating thing is that they’ve produced just enough gems for me to keep the faith. Don Bradman Cricket 14 was excellent and changed the approach to cricket games. They’ve been so up and down since then.

League live 3 was a really good game. AFL Live is still lauded by some as the best ever.

But they just seem to have this capacity to shoot themselves in the foot and fail to iterate. They always seem to be 1 or 2 games away from a disaster and since NACON has come in it’s been even worse.

I hope that BigAnt have a major soul searching session after this release. This game had to be a home run for them from day 1.
I’ve seen articles pop up on Channels 7 and 10 along with herald sun , news.com etc forgive me if I am wrong but I don’t think WW games got this slammed?

If you’re the average punter that doesn’t follow this page with some of their comments about patches etc there’s no way you’d consider faulking out for the game would you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve seen articles pop up on Channels 7 and 10 along with herald sun , news.com etc forgive me if I am wrong but I don’t think WW games got this slammed?

If you’re the average punter that doesn’t follow this page with some of their comments about patches etc there’s no way you’d consider faulking out for the game would you.
Well no, despite their known flaws, WW Evo games did launch with most features intact and reasonably playable.

They didn't get slammed the way this has because they weren't this bad.

This is in Cyberpunk territory. If it was a big global release rather than a niche sport played in one country it would have been pulled from stores the same way Cyberpunk was.

The Evo games were simply your dime a dozen bog average games in comparison. The tale of those games weren't newsworthy in the slightest.

Can anyone give me some insight how to win a ruck contest? I'm bloody horrible at them, if I win them it goes straight to the advantage of opposition..
On PS5 I don’t think I’ve lost a single one 🤔

Use left stick to advance and the when the balls at it’s highest point use the right stick to aim where you want to bat it.

I wish it was more difficult.

Once things stabilise and they can get things closer to what Michael’s played before release I think it’s definitely worth putting together a list of issues.
Agreed. At this stage they are just scramblimg to release the intended Launch Day patch as the starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back