Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
So when Ross says the console players will get the patch on Monday, I wonder if he really means Monday, or 2-3 am Tuesday morning ?
Absolutely it will be early hours of Tuesday. Not that it's Big Ants fault, PS seem slow. Waiting for the Monday posts of people losing it saying they've been lied to 😆

They bit off more than they could chew with this one.
The game isn't actually that far from being really good.
I expect that people are only on this forum because they are invested to some degree in getting a great AFL video game experience, and we have the privilege of directly engaging with the developers here.
There is an opportunity to move further towards what you actually want to see out of this if you don't get too distracted by the celebration of failure.
Many of the contributors here actually have a lot of valuable insights into what would make for a great AFL game experience, but it just gets lost in unproductive and unnecessary noise.

BigAnt may have unintentionally killed any future that AFL video games had with this release. I’m at least 25% serious here.
I doubt that very much. AFL know how important a game is to the continued growth of the game. They did however potentially kill BAs chances of any future involvement.

where does one look into getting a playstation digital refund? Tried the refund assistant but it keeps failing to transfer to an agent

The game isn't actually that far from being really good.
I expect that people are only on this forum because they are invested to some degree in getting a great AFL video game experience, and we have the privilege of directly engaging with the developers here.
There is an opportunity to move further towards what you actually want to see out of this if you don't get too distracted by the celebration of failure.
Many of the contributors here actually have a lot of valuable insights into what would make for a great AFL game experience, but it just gets lost in unproductive and unnecessary noise.
People paid $100 for a broken product just to celebrate?

You could have just given your legal ramification example and saved us all, including yourself a whole lot of time that we’ll now never get back.
Sorry, but it would only open up a whole new can of worms.
And believe it or not, I'm not actually looking to instigate any more useless debate.
I have already shared enough so that anyone interested enough can research it themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is they’re patch notes for the patch coming to consoles tomorrow
I really want season mode fixed I want normal crowd numbers and a way to change line ups before the game

Sorry, but it would only open up a whole new can of worms.
And believe it or not, I'm not actually looking to instigate any more useless debate.
I have already shared enough so that anyone interested enough can research it themselves.

Normally on a discussion forum, when you make a claim, it's pretty standard to be asked to back it up with an example. If you can't, or refuse to because reasons, then what you're now experiencing is also pretty standard.

I doubt that very much. AFL know how important a game is to the continued growth of the game. They did however potentially kill BAs chances of any future involvement.
If BA don’t do it, who will? Wicked Witch?

Having a go at season mode now. Is there any way to change the team at all? Not seeing anything in the menu- you can change the jumpers but no option to adjust the 22. Doesn’t seem to be doing anything during the match either when you try making changes in the pause screen.
Have only done Management Mode, not Season, but in Management it asks before you start a match "Set the line up or let the assistant do it".

Pretty sure interchange is still disabled in-game at the moment though.

Anyone know if interchange is fixed on PS5 or is that tomorrow? Also is the ability to use custom teams in play now available?

I can only respond to what is put in front of me.
I have actually never written on a forum before this one, but there was so much unhelpful misinformation circulating amongst a group of people who genuinely seem invested that I have taken the time to try to give you some clarity on how things are managed in the real world.
A lot of you appear to still be in school or work at operational rather than administrative levels, so haven't necessarily experienced the complexity at play here first-hand.

I haven't got the time or inclination to keep butting my head against a wall in here indefinitely, so you can either accept what I have contributed in the way it was intended or ignore it. I have given you information, it is up to you how you choose to apply it. But by rudely throwing a genuine insight back in my face you surely couldn't have any reasonable expectation of a meaningful response.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself..."

People paid $100 for a broken product just to celebrate?
I have never suggested that what has happened should be celebrated.
It is a debacle, and the people involved will be feeling it more than us.

I don't think it is asking too much to accept the reasonable explanation that something went wrong without advance notice, but that it is now being rectified as quickly as possible.

No one has lost their $100 - there is not a retailer or platform that wouldn't refund immediately if requested given what has happened.
Any choice still sits with the consumer, and I am happy to give Big Ant a chance to rectify.
If you aren't, I don't think you need to say it more than once or to continue to try to unduly influence anyone else into thinking as negatively about the game as some of the people on her insist on doing.

I don’t know why it’s pissing me off so much but I hate using a red ball in night games in management mode

I have never suggested that what has happened should be celebrated.
It is a debacle, and the people involved will be feeling it more than us.

I don't think it is asking too much to accept the reasonable explanation that something went wrong without advance notice, but that it is now being rectified as quickly as possible.

No one has lost their $100 - there is not a retailer or platform that wouldn't refund immediately if requested given what has happened.
Any choice still sits with the consumer, and I am happy to give Big Ant a chance to rectify.
If you aren't, I don't think you need to say it more than continue tor try to unduly influence anyone else into thinking as negatively about the game as some of the people on her insist on doing.
It's true, I used voodoo magic on this game, before release. But I swear, I thought it would help it be the best game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back