Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
I wonder what the game is like graphics wise compared from PS5 to PC. My CPU is almost 10 years old and it's running this game at 4K 60 FPS on highest settings. Really surprised it runs as good as it does.

It looks sexy as hell with all settings on their maximum value. However I had to turn the "character model" down a few notches, the shiny look wasn't good for my eyes.

He’s said there’s certain things they can’t say at the moment.
I cant remember exactly what he said but he did post about it.
It is public knowledge that there are Simultaneous Shipping restrictions in place. There is nothing I can say publicly about the ongoing discussions due to NDA's

The news is that Microsoft's NDA's are no joke.

Probably no surprise that big ant don't want to poke the bear further. I imagine that the Microsoft relationship is very important for their other titles, especially the upcoming cricket one.

I can only imagine what the Indian cricket equivalent of bigfooty would be like if they have the same issue at launch

The news is that Microsoft's NDA's are no joke.

Probably no surprise that big ant don't want to poke the bear further. I imagine that the Microsoft relationship is very important for their other titles, especially the upcoming cricket one.

I can only imagine what the Indian cricket equivalent of bigfooty would be like if they have the same issue at launch
Would absolutely break the internet

Hawthorn vs West Coast

Tricky first quarter, but from Q2 - Q4, I eventually smashed them by 79 points....... sing the team song and........

ZMUsLrz.png

Have to replay the game again :(

The games become more enjoyable. But …….
Feel like every game and match up has the same feel about it, you know exactly how the game is going to go before you play it. Every player feels the same, guns don’t stand out every player runs to 45 and kicks the goal.

The CHF for the AI is overpowered and the AI get there goals the same way every time / always have bulk numbers ahead of the ball, hoping this is where tactics can alter that e.g. player behind the ball perhaps.

What’s coming next for this game I wonder, how far off the desired product are we and is it going to have the desired result. Been one of the more weirder releases of a game I’ve ever seen that’s for sure.

P.s let us have an ability to select side in game on season mode please

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind if the blue section of the goal kicking timing meter was moved to the bottom of the gauge and you had to get it closer to that. Obviously off to the left and your kick goes left, off to the right and it goes right

7.5 min quarters Hardest difficulty, I think i'm going to need to have a break from the career mode now with these types of blowouts.

Attachments

• afl.PNG
    afl.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
Would absolutely break the internet
I’ve seen some comments already that are quite terrifying on twitter in response to AFL patches etc and “no news on cricket”. They wouldn’t want to muck around with them

Wtf did they update with 20mb ?
Joe Danihers moustache ?

Code update file size would be incredibly small. Personally would be almost more keen for smaller sized updates because it's more likely to be revised code (ie gameplay) than adding features which don't really interest me until the gameplay is sorted

Happy to report that the latest patch seems to be pretty good.
I'm losing by a goal after the first quearter on hardest. A nice change from being 8 goals ahead at that point in previous games.
Player movement seems to be smoother, players don't seem to slow down on the run when they receive the ball. (Only 7.5mins in, soI hope this wasn't just a few lucky animations)
Marking is harder and seems somewhat balanced. Haven't had a crash all day.
Interchanges working.
Gameplay is in great shape overall although I had a wind indicator in one game today and not the other 4 or 5.

Still some gameplay issues:
-Spoiling seems to have been nerfed. Maybe just because I'm on hardest. I'd at least like to see a spoil animation though when I'm unsuccessful. Just so I know the game actually registered my input.
-Players still occasionally just stand around, not going for the footy. Possibly when there's a tackle animation in front of them so they don't run around it or hurdle over them.
-Free kicks from 50-55 still just clear the line, often with no one in the goal square trying to spoil/mark.
-AI players still play on when they definitely shouldn't (either because they're close to a defender or because they're kicking in after a behind and run into my forward over and over.

Last edited:
Happy to report that the latest patch seems to be pretty good.
I'm losing by a goal after the first quearter on hardest. A nice change from being 8 goals ahead at that point in previous games.
Player movement seems to be smoother, players don't seem to slow down on the run when they receive the ball. (Only 7.5mins in, soI hope this wasn't just a few lucky animations)
Marking is harder and seems somewhat balanced. Haven't had a crash all day.
Interchanges working.
Gameplay is in great shape overall although I had a wind indicator in one game today and not the other 4 or 5.

Ehhh I think it's still too easy, not the 79 points from earlier today.... but even so I still slaughtered the Eagles... in a lower scoring contest lol.

Y7y4EdB.png

And I went from having multiple shrug/evades per match... to only 2 (i feel ripped off, I love the animation!).

Yes player movement appears to be improved, maybe not totally (got stuck once). I thought it was fixed yesterday..... but it hit me several times in the last quarter of a match.

Don't know what was going on here...

7lpw8e.gif
7lpwfr.gif

Last edited:
Has it been mentioned here yet that if you pick heads in the coin toss you lose 100% of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back