Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2: Pro Team, more like No Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like the player edits change affects the play now and season mode but not management mode (looking at Michaels stream)

edit: management mode has an option at the start which has a 'custom licensed content' on or off option that can use the edited stats but once you select it, you can't change it back later on

the 'custom licensed content' has a disclaimer saying that it may affect the intended way or something.

Last edited:

Just an FYI, no ETA on the console patches as they’re being externally tested 🤔

Just to clarify, the 🤔 wasn’t me wondering what external testing is, it’s that I’m surprised by the console patches being externally tested.

Last edited:
looks like the player edits change affects the play now and season mode but not management mode (looking at Michaels stream)

edit: management mode has an option at the start which has a 'custom licensed content' on or off option that can use the edited stats but once you select it, you can't change it back later on

the 'custom licensed content' has a disclaimer saying that it may affect the intended way or something.
according to Ross,

editing player stats - management mode:
  • "progression/regression will happen and screwing with the stats will effect your cap"
  • "You will not be able to fit many players in if you are heavy with stats on a few - one of the reasons we didn't do it for balance"
general questions/answers
  • the coin toss will change, will become shorter, and 'tosser' will change
  • answering a question regarding plans for afl 25, 27 etc - ross said 'we plan to do many iterations
  • there will be a dedicated direct place for Q&A and discussion - probably go live tmr

Back when I was in the industry, this meant testing by Sony themselves for approval.
It could also be testing by the publisher (Nacon).
It’s a strange one to have happened after so many patches already. I wonder if there’s an issue with BA’s own internal testing?

Back when I was in the industry, this meant testing by Sony themselves for approval.
It could also be testing by the publisher (Nacon).
Added Nacon resources.

BigAntStudios would it be possible to allow manual interchange of players when auto-interchange is enabled?

I like auto-interchange doing most of the work for me, but every now and then it would be good to be able to jump into the pause menu and switch a few players around myself.

BigAntStudios would it be possible to allow manual interchange of players when auto-interchange is enabled?

I like auto-interchange doing most of the work for me, but every now and then it would be good to be able to jump into the pause menu and switch a few players around myself.

This. Especially with ruckmen/forward pocket players. One rotation and they never return to the original spot in all the games I’ve played 🤞🏽

(Log in to remove this ad.)

according to Ross,

editing player stats - management mode:
  • "progression/regression will happen and screwing with the stats will effect your cap"
  • "You will not be able to fit many players in if you are heavy with stats on a few - one of the reasons we didn't do it for balance"
general questions/answers
  • the coin toss will change, will become shorter, and 'tosser' will change
  • answering a question regarding plans for afl 25, 27 etc - ross said 'we plan to do many iterations
  • there will be a dedicated direct place for Q&A and discussion - probably go live tmr

Keen to see the new tosser 🤣😏

All levity aside, stats editing that leads to cap will be similar to Live 1? Like how they had I think a 6.5 million dollar team cap?

I'm giving this patch a tick!

50m penalties work very well.

run through the mark or protected area you get pinged.

insufficient intent is a free kick now too.

d pad tactics is good, would like to see kick out tactics added as a sub category under the defending bit though.

stats are editable

and i beat the pies with a 4 goal comeback, so thats a big W.

I'm giving this patch a tick!

50m penalties work very well.

run through the mark or protected area you get pinged.

insufficient intent is a free kick now too.

d pad tactics is good, would like to see kick out tactics added as a sub category under the defending bit though.

stats are editable

and i beat the pies with a 4 goal comeback, so thats a big W.

Sounds awesome mate! Any notable differences in player turning/handballing?

Sounds awesome mate! Any notable differences in player turning/handballing?
not that I could tell.

still a little bit of tweaking to be done to boots the feel of the movement / handball i reckon.

it's at a decent enough level to play, but some fine tuning will make it feel more complete IMO.

Still not fixed??? :(
there is definitely fewer teleport tackles but they do still occur.
Get rid of the stuck in mud and teleporting, the game moves to 8/10.
it's slowly getting better to the potential we know this game has. just need more stuff on management mode like an inbox, training or vfl etc and online to be fixed.

I think gameplay-wise, most of the errors have been somewhat fixed not 100% (probably 85-90%) but its at a good, playable level for me where i would now prefer to see management mode and online to be the main focus in the next patches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back