Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duke Nukem Forever still retains the title of most troubled launch..... just!

Wow, those look like Photoshop skills I'd be proud of... ;_

Screenshot via Steam gallery
Scoreboard saved in MS PAINT
uploaded on imgur BABY!!

I call bull your on hardest

Hardest is actually simple to play if you have the reflexes and patience to deal with the buggy AI.

There is no one reason for the delay, even releasing the PlayStation version before the Xbox version is a reason in itself.

If anyone is so ignorant as to believe, and state, that we are the only game to have issues with platform holders and split releases, and timing issues, then get down to an EB/JB and check out how many non-exclusive "exclusives" there are.

There are 3 options available;
1. Release simultaneously.
2. Release exclusively.
3. Break SimShip and have a split release, resulting in;
(a) Platform exclusive.
(b) Platform exclusive and fines.
(c) Split release and fines.
(d) any of above plus loss of publishing license.

We have navigated the situation as best we can, so as to keep our pledge to release on Xbox.
Fair enough good point what does that mean for pro team then? Is that coming out earlier or the same as Xbox comes out?

Hopefully bug fixes and the implementation of an actual management mode aren't sacrificed in the rush to fix online in time for microtransactions mode at the Xbox launch.

Laugh Reaction GIF by CBC

Surely xbox gets a sale upon release, so that they aren't paying $100. because they will have to wait an extra 3 months for compared to everyone else

Surely xbox gets a sale upon release, so that they aren't paying $100. because they will have to wait an extra 3 months for compared to everyone else
If anything everyone else who has purchased the game and had to deal with the ongoing saga of this release with the glitches and bugs should be the ones to receive some sort of compensation.

Late July/Early August for Xbox? From what Iā€™ve seen game is an absolute steaming pile of shite, from a company that is bigger steaming pile of shite. Wonā€™t be going anywhere near the game.
Surely we donā€™t need these comments? At least add something constructive

Unless management mode is actually fixed and effort is put into it, game will be dead before the xbox release.
Not unless there are people are waiting for pro team. There is also a group of passionate footy video game lovers who will continue to play the game and will wait it out. Dead is abit far fetched thing to say and going way too early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not unless there are people are waiting for pro team. There is also a group of passionate footy video game lovers who will continue to play the game and will wait it out. Dead is abit far fetched thing to say.
From personal experience, management mode is what gets people into the game and/or keeps them playing the game, i got into AFL evolution because of twisties management series, but he hasn't even started on because of how "mid" the game is. I feel like they need to get it right before even thinking about pro team

Unless management mode is actually fixed and effort is put into it, game will be dead before the xbox release.
Guttered to be honest, still no news on what features and customisation they even just plan on installing.
Itā€™s been so long now to not communicate with the player base what theyā€™re paying for in the long run.

The start of August is going to be round 21 of the 2023 season, will it still be $100 for AFL 23?

From personal experience, management mode is what gets people into the game and/or keeps them playing the game, i got into AFL evolution because of twisties management series, but he hasn't even started on because of how "mid" the game is. I feel like they need to get it right before even thinking about pro team
No I understand that but the game will still have enough for the niche market that AFL is that it will keep most hardcore people playing. Plus it should keep improving and have more things added. So I reckon the game will be ok.. Thatā€™s my thought anyway.. I mean I could be wrong šŸ¤·šŸ»

Not unless there are people are waiting for pro team. There is also a group of passionate footy video game lovers who will continue to play the game and will wait it out. Dead is abit far fetched thing to say and going way too early.
Go back through the forum and have a look at the amount of people asking for management mode depth, fixes etc. Proteam should not be released until online is fixed and game play glitches e.g. handballs, players stuck in mud, turning circles, are rectified.

Proteam will be a good addition but I am one person who has never played the equivalent on FIFA etc. so may not even use it on AFL 23 and it was never going to be an attraction for me to play the game. I like managing a team, drafting, trading, training etc. That's what would keep me and some others interested in playing.

Guttered to be honest, still no news on what features and customisation they even just plan on installing.

This is what really gets to me. Pre-launch we were told in no uncertain terms that everyone will know exactly what they will be purchasing. Game has been out for a month (on two out of three platforms anyway) and we still have no idea.

What will the finished management mode look like? Who knows? Are other modes other than pro team still missing? Who knows? What's a bug and what's a deliberate design decision? Who knows? Where's Hamish? Who knows?

Go back through the forum and have a look at the amount of people asking for management mode depth, fixes etc. Proteam should not be released until online is fixed and game play glitches e.g. handballs, players stuck in mud, turning circles, are rectified.

Proteam will be a good addition but I am one person who has never played the equivalent on FIFA etc. so may not even use it on AFL 23 and it was never going to be an attraction for me to play the game. I like managing a team, drafting, trading, training etc. That's what would keep me and some others interested in playing.
Yeah i know, I also think there will still be enough in the game, for the niche market that AFL video games are to keep most hardcore fans to keep playing. I could be wrong but thatā€™s my view

Dont get me wrong, pro-team would be a great addition to the game. But when they can't get managmeent mode right I really don't have much faith in pro team. We've also seen a lot more people crying out for management mode before they talk about pro team. Michaels mentioned it, so too have Twistie and Caden. Steam data has shown gamers are dropping off by the day with this game and its because there is nothing enticing to keep playing. Aside from the few, I'd say a lot of people in this forum are fed up with repeating play now's because you don't get anything out of it anymore. We're just continuing to be beta testers at this stage.

Do we really need the constant hallway monitoring of peopleā€™s comments on an online footy forum?

I didnā€™t realise that we were in parliament

Going to be another roller-coaster until August

Attachments

• flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
    flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
This is what really gets to me. Pre-launch we were told in no uncertain terms that everyone will know exactly what they will be purchasing. Game has been out for a month (on two out of three platforms anyway) and we still have no idea.

What will the finished management mode look like? Who knows? Are other modes other than pro team still missing? Who knows? Where's Hamish? Who knows?

I feel like itā€™s a hostage situation with Hamish now

Can we at least get Hamish to stand at the window and wave at us just so we know that heā€™s okay

Assuming this is going to be a yearly release, why would Xbox owners buy AFL23 when AFL24 comes out in April the next year? (or vice-versa, perhaps)

What will the finished management mode look like? Who knows? Are other modes other than pro team still missing? Who knows? What's a bug and what's a deliberate design decision? Who knows? Where's Hamish? Who knows?
Iā€™ve asked a handful of times over the past six weeks now if thereā€™s any updates on management mode and the editing/customisation features, complete radio silence from Ross.
Meanwhile heā€™s happily throwing šŸ‘Ž all over the thread on posts he disagrees with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back