Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing he said was wrong or ridiculous, the average joe consumer will compare any sports game to EA or 2K, so thatā€™s what they have to aim for, will they reach those heights?
No, probably not but the reality is that they are competing against EA/2K because average joe consumer is an idiot who doesnā€™t understand that an AFL game has a fraction of the budget that NBA 2K has.
It was definitely said in the context of not wanting to compare the game to Wicked Witch. It was hubris and after being called out about it, he packed up his bat and ball and went home.

I've got no skin in this - I've never played the game. I probably should pay the hundred bucks to someone though, because I've got a fair amount of entertainment from these threads

Outside of pro team the game is exactly as advertised.

When you purchase a game like this youā€™re going in knowing itā€™s not going to be anywhere near EA or 2K level but itā€™s going to cost the same as those games, thatā€™s the price we pay for having our niche sport made into a video game, itā€™s ridiculous to expect them to charge any less than full price when these games are already targeted at a small audience size.
Yeah career mode is exactly as advertised LOL

It looked wonky and far more broken before release. They kept saying that it was a build from a long time ago, then for some reason the defenders of the game were saying that the beta version was amazing, when we were all skeptical about it before May.

Are you suggesting that people paid to promote the game were lying?

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Getting towards the end of year in my management career, dumb question but is the salary cap viewable? Canā€™t find the option anywhere and Itā€™d be pretty dumb if I canā€™t considering Iā€™ve signed some players on rather large contracts. Not like itā€™s an import feature missing if itā€™s not there though...
You will eventually get to a point where you won't be able to resign players....then you know you've gone over the salary cap.

Awesome šŸ˜ Big Ant have outdone themselves yet again! Probably will choose the uncapped salary option if I ever decide to touch the game again.
Even better, once you play through one season, the 2 trade period, every team will accept any offer you put forward. Managed to get picks 1 through to 9 by offering picks in 2nd and 3rd rounds also players in 60's overall. Had a midfiled of Cripps, Bontempelli, Newcombe and English as ruck. It's a joke.

Even better, once you play through one season, the 2 trade period, every team will accept any offer you put forward. Managed to get picks 1 through to 9 by offering picks in 2nd and 3rd rounds also players in 60's overall. Had a midfiled of Cripps, Bontempelli, Newcombe and English as ruck. It's a joke.
Thatā€™s horrendousā€¦ and I thought Evo 2 was unrealistic. Really just defeats the whole fun of it.

Reminds me how in Evo every season I could get the #1 pick (and then some) by offering up a couple 80+ rated over 30 year olds and a collection of spuds as steak knives.

I dont have the game installed anymore, and I also never tried, but can team lists/rosters be uploaded online for others to download? One thing I like about 2K is how people often upload retro rosters and saves the hassle of doing it manually!

I dont have the game installed anymore, and I also never tried, but can team lists/rosters be uploaded online for others to download? One thing I like about 2K is how people often upload retro rosters and saves the hassle of doing it manually!
Surely Bigant wouldn't allow this otherwise what would the purpose of Proteam be? In saying that I do recall people creating guys like Harley Reid and Wazza Capper to be able to be downloaded through Academy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure but I actually added Gresham, Goldy and McKay to the Dons and then played the Saints in a game and Gresham was playing for both sides and Essendon had two number 4ā€™s

But Evo 2 got laughed at by a certain someone when even they got these basic elements of the game right šŸ¤£

Surely Bigant wouldn't allow this otherwise what would the purpose of Proteam be? In saying that I do recall people creating guys like Harley Reid and Wazza Capper to be able to be downloaded through Academy.

Nah I didnt mean for Pro Team, just meant for the purpose of updating lists per offseason given now I cant see us getting an updated squad until Feb-March next year.

Saints in a game and Gresham was playing for both sides and Essendon had two number 4ā€™s
The sheer fact that basic errors like these have not been fixed is outrageous. These errors have been brought up previously on this forum and Bigant's own forum. To me it's just absolute arrogance that these are still being ignored.

You can download teams that others have created, so yes, you could have retro teams or teams with the recent trades added.

Thereā€™s also a ā€˜Negotiation Difficultyā€™ setting in Management Mode.
I havenā€™t tried this out yet, but I think it changes the difficulty of contracts and trades.

Thereā€™s also a ā€˜Negotiation Difficultyā€™ setting in Management Mode.
I havenā€™t tried this out yet, but I think it changes the difficulty of contracts and trades.
Yeah I remember seeing that but even when it was changed after the first season any offer put forward was just accepted.

You can download teams that others have created, so yes, you could have retro teams or teams with the recent trades added.

I see, thanks. Its hilarious that if you update a player and move him to his new team, he just gets duplicated. Seriously this cant be that hard to get rightā€¦.? Every other sports game has managed this.

Are you suggesting that people paid to promote the game were lying?

Season 5 What GIF by The Office
It baffles me that people use content creators as an avenue to gain transparent opinions on upcoming releases, soon as they all realised theyd get no income from playing the game they all stopped playing it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back