Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone manged to get a refund lately for this steaming pile? Wasnt sure how id go returning an 8 month old game thats still missing game modes
Nah, you've been scammed like the rest of us. Not to worry, there will be a roster update in May next year.

It's all because they went down the fully played out animation path. So if a tackle animation starts, it has to finish all the way, even if a player is 0.1 seconds from kicking the ball, the tackle has them wrapped up with the ball back in their hands. It looks awful.

On that, its strange how you can kick for goal while being tackled just fine. Its just the standard pass kick thats being effected by tacklers with the animation bug.. that makes the situation even wierder to me

If a sequel happens
What is to say they'll put any more effort into their sequel? Look at their Cricket 24! Pretty much a copy of Cricket 22 and lots of bugs when released.

I hope they don't get to make another game. Bigant have shown that they just don't care about their buyers or the game itself otherwise why firstly release a turd sandwich and secondly, some 6 months later, still allow the same issues that have been present since day 1 to exist. They deserve nothing less than to have the rights to AFL games stripped away from them.

Sad thing is we all want a decent AFL game yet there really is no one to make it!

What is to say they'll put any more effort into their sequel? Look at their Cricket 24! Pretty much a copy of Cricket 22 and lots of bugs when released.

I hope they don't get to make another game. Bigant have shown that they just don't care about their buyers or the game itself otherwise why firstly release a turd sandwich and secondly, some 6 months later, still allow the same issues that have been present since day 1 to exist. They deserve nothing less than to have the rights to AFL games stripped away from them.

Sad thing is we all want a decent AFL game yet there really is no one to make it!
I definitely wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt, next time, I feel like I was totally scammed $100. Because of Live 2011, I ignored the obvious signs of their questionable development with 23, such as how rushed it was, the missing aspects and features of the sport in the beta, the stuttering and glitches in the beta, and the budget mostly going into the presentation instead of the gameplay.

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt, next time, I feel like I was totally scammed $100. Because of Live 2011, I ignored the obvious signs of their questionable development with 23, such as how rushed it was, the missing aspects and features of the sport in the beta, the stuttering and glitches in the beta, and the budget mostly going into the presentation instead of the gameplay.
I agree 100%. It was a scam.

I am not sure it was a scam I just don't think they were ready for it and took on to much.

Cricket 24 was a mess on release and it has only just been fixed to a point now its playable, I got sucked in because I love cricket and got the game again and I have to admit the gameplay especially in test matches is fantastic.

I just can't see how they can get AFL up to the same level though , the game is to complex to replicate and the only way they could have made it semi okay was to have a really good in depth career or management mode which they failed to do.

Pro team can't save this game.

I am not sure it was a scam I just don't think they were ready for it and took on to much.

Cricket 24 was a mess on release and it has only just been fixed to a point now its playable, I got sucked in because I love cricket and got the game again and I have to admit the gameplay especially in test matches is fantastic.

I just can't see how they can get AFL up to the same level though , the game is to complex to replicate and the only way they could have made it semi okay was to have a really good in depth career or management mode which they failed to do.

Pro team can't save this game.
I knew that once Ross stated single player career was omitted to allow extra resources for Proteam there longevity of the game was gone! I gave it a chance and I was proven right. There is just no reason to keep playing it. There have been numerous comments made on different forums and social media stating the same thing. Pick it up and play a game to then realise what's the point in continuing playing it!

I knew that once Ross stated single player career was omitted to allow extra resources for Proteam there longevity of the game was gone! I gave it a chance and I was proven right. There is just no reason to keep playing it. There have been numerous comments made on different forums and social media stating the same thing. Pick it up and play a game to then realise what's the point in continuing playing it!
It's also why would anyone want to play a game with broken movement and unresponsive commands when the previous AFL titles at least have functioning commands and movement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sold the game in a bundle with my PS4.

If it ever went on sale for like $10 on Steam I'd probably grab it again for morbid curiosity or to see if there's any magical improvements by then but doubt it'll ever go on sale. BA seem to be putting Nintendo like value on the game.

National Draft on Nov 20-21
Preseason and Rookie Draft on Nov 22.

And the roster update following (hopefully closely to that) will be free.
View attachment 1848639
Odd decision. With the state of the game, youā€™d imagine a sale would be their best option to go along with the roster updates.
Guess the irrefutable industry data says otherwise

First game in yonks (went from 1 minute over the last fortnight to 86 lol)

dm4QxAd.png

Fought back hard in the second half and the final quarter was a beauty, the Bulldogs fell asleep like their real life counterparts. The only goal they scored came from my 150m penalty blunder lol. I swear the first 2 50m penalties I didn't move at all (USER ERROR!!).

Also I was wondering if they did an update by stealth, the handballing seemed better than I remember. Handballs went to their targets OR I was able to handball into space for a teammate to run on to (that's where the stuck in mud came in to play and ruined most of the momentum shifts I created).

Just bought this game, trying to update the squads in club manager. I can add a player to a team, but I can't figure out how to delete a player from a team (I've added Ratugolea to Port's squad, for example, but that doesn't remove him from Geelong's squad). Surely there's an easy way to do this that I'm missing?

Nup, thats all you can do. The geniusā€™ who made this game decided we cant trade/move players, we can only duplicate them and also not even change their jumper numbers if we do move them. Smart hey?! šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

I never bought this game because it just never looked good enough for the price. Plus add all the negative feedback and lack of features it just didn't seem worth it.

My son has finished school and is now working full-time and on his first payday, having no bills etc he thought, why not dop the money and see.

So after a few games, I think there is plenty to like. It's actually better than I thought but it still needs more work. Most of the work needs to be in the flow of the game and player control. It doesn't flow like footy and I'm not expecting realistic footy, but at least some likeness to how real footy flows.

Honestly I am surprised how good it actually is considering all the negative feedback. Of course there are plenty of things to tweak and fix, but if they make another one built off of AFL 23, then it should be quite a decent game.

Everything I think needs fixing has already been said a million times so I won't go into that but I agree with everything that has been spoken about that needs fixing.

If I was in charge of the game from here, I would put most of the focus on AI and how the players use the ground to zone and lead etc. Too many times the ball was kicked to a literal open paddock with no player in site especially coming out of defence which I think is very rare in the modern game.

I would also speed the game up but not by running speed or animation time. This can be done by the time to kick or handball being reduced and adding in a quick kick and handball option. The handball targeting and kick targeting needs tweaking. I would have an invisible vision cone in front of the player with the ball and if you handball to a teammate inside that it goes to them, if you handball and there is no teammate in the vision cone, then the handball will just go in the direction of the left stick. It seems like there's a targeting system where the handball goes to the last player decided as the target, even if they are not in the direction of the left stick. That is fustrating.

All in all, I like the game but I will still not buy it yet. I'll wait for a sale.

Honestly I am surprised how good it actually is considering all the negative feedback. Of course there are plenty of things to tweak and fix, but if they make another one built off of AFL 23, then it should be quite a decent game.
It's because the movement is so broken, at least on the PC port, I don't see it as good. When movement and disposing the ball were far superior on older AFL titles, especially compared to Evo 2, where movement and disposing is very easy, so the contrast is enormous. That's on top of a lot of missing aspects of the sport, and the strange game mechanic choices like: forcing players to glue together side by side only in marking contests.
If I was in charge of the game from here, I would put most of the focus on AI and how the players use the ground to zone and lead etc. Too many times the ball was kicked to a literal open paddock with no player in site especially coming out of defence which I think is very rare in the modern game.
Customized formations like eFootball and a "all-out-attack, attack, balance, defence, all-out-defence" should have been in the game, I remember thinking instinctively to press the D-pad to use it but it's not an option in 23. They should have also included D-pad command like: "man-up, zone, support, pressure." The tactics are far too bare, you have barely have any control over the entire team's placement on the field of play.
m701mteyns591.jpg 121dwyyx7fba1.jpg
I would also speed the game up but not by running speed or animation time. This can be done by the time to kick or handball being reduced and adding in a quick kick and handball option.
I think a quicker disposal meter could solve that issue. Evo 2 had that option where you could fill it up very quick.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back