Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, again, absolutely no sympathy
That's pretty heartless.

Imagine if your brother, sister, niece, nephew, bestie, whatever, worked there and were absolutely busting their arse off, but just up against impossible odds because of their higher ups pushing em to crunch, custom game engine etc etc.

That's pretty heartless.

Imagine if your brother, sister, niece, nephew, bestie, whatever, worked there and were absolutely busting their arse off, but just up against impossible odds because of their higher ups pushing em to crunch, custom game engine etc etc.
Lmao, you talk like this is the only option of employment. Go find another job, not the end of the world.

Lmao, you talk like this is the only option of employment. Go find another job, not the end of the world.
Wowee, wait til you experience the real world. I'll leave it at that.

Wowee, wait til you experience the real world. I'll leave it at that.
I worked four different jobs in 2021 due to cuts from COVID and landed on my feet fine whilst still managing to pay off my first home. Experience the real world, you are a laugh šŸ¤£

I worked four different jobs in 2021 due to cuts from COVID and landed on my feet fine whilst still managing to pay off my first home. Experience the real world, you are a laugh šŸ¤£
Due to Covid cuts or being an angry bitter little man?

Due to Covid cuts or being an angry bitter little man?
Covid cuts, but I can guarantee if I was a passive aggressive little man I'd be out the door quicker :D

I know everyone has discussed these things hundreds of times, but considering we probably wonā€™t get any more content for THIS game other than proteam, what would you like BigAnt to add IF they were to make the next game? Iā€™ll go first:
  • Bigger focus on contested footy, get that right and fun
  • Smoother & more animations
  • Training mode
  • Scenario mode
  • More difficult AI
  • Sliders
  • MUCH deeper management mode with injuries/suspensions throughout games and training with the ability to specify points on attributes
  • More flexibility to customisation including custom teams in management mode and competition mode going for unlimited seasons where the league is editable at any stage and custom fixtures can be created
  • Pack marking and gang tackles
  • Much more specific tactics
  • Player career mode
  • Archetypes of players becoming more of a factor
  • Dynamic time, light and weather
  • Ball creater (to make special ball designs)
These are just on the top of my head, I know they all wonā€™t get in but one can dream one day. This game is broken thatā€™s a fact, but it has a far superior core than Wicked Witch started with (AFL Live 2) so that gives me hope that all is not lost. Please Ross help us if youā€™re reading this as I canā€™t comment on your forum. šŸ˜˜
Contests need a lot of work.
Be able to nudge your opposition out of the way while marking.
Being able to lay a bump on an opposing player.
Able to shepherd.
Being able to do a 1/2 play - handball to team mate and then continue running and get it back off them. This was in a previous game years ago.
Be able to choose second, third preferred position.
Single player career with a story etc.
Coaching career mode - get sacked, get poached to coach another team etc.
Tactics, tactics, tactics!
Make the weather actually match i.e. if it's raining, don't have blue skys etc.
Players don't stop when receiving a handball
Fluid game play
Release the game with the game modes as promised!

Contests need a lot of work.
Be able to nudge your opposition out of the way while marking.
Being able to lay a bump on an opposing player.
Able to shepherd.
Being able to do a 1/2 play - handball to team mate and then continue running and get it back off them. This was in a previous game years ago.
Be able to choose second, third preferred position.
Single player career with a story etc.
Coaching career mode - get sacked, get poached to coach another team etc.
Tactics, tactics, tactics!
Make the weather actually match i.e. if it's raining, don't have blue skys etc.
Players don't stop when receiving a handball
Fluid game play
Release the game with the game modes as promised!
1, 2, 3 fumbling for the mark should be in it, it's always been either a slip of the mark or a one grab mark. And contests have always been poor, there's never been support tackling, they should have made tackling like their Rugby League Live games, with the diving tackling, second man support, etc. Imagine had they put the labour into the gameplay instead of the photogrammetry, photography and their custom game engine.

Don't wish any misfortune on the staff, it's the leadership that needs to get the arse.
They don't listen to the developers, so it's maybe destined to fail. So disappointing, if there was a unified staff with a clear/logical vision and with that bigger budget they had, they could have easily made something that resembled the sport.

if there was a unified staff with a clear/logical vision and with that bigger budget they had, they could have easily made something that resembled the sport.

All good having unified staff, but if there is crap leadership it means nothing.

We've seen enough in the gaming industry to know that the coders/developers are hard working passionate people. You would have to be.

It's why grouping an entire company as one collective for frustration is both harsh and completely misplaced.

All good having unified staff, but if there is crap leadership it means nothing.
That's what I mean, producers and developers who work with synergy, have a logical goal and work practically. From the reviews, developers said they were not being listened to and that it wasn't a cohesive environment.
We've seen enough in the gaming industry to know that the coders/developers are hard working passionate people. You would have to be.
I never said otherwise.
It's why grouping an entire company as one collective for frustration is both harsh and completely misplaced.
I'm not grouping them together, the developers were put into a bad situation that should have been made easier, such as wasting time developing tools for the custom engine instead of using an established engine as one developer had stated, meaning they couldn't spend time programming the game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I mean, producers and developers who work with synergy, have a logical goal and work practically. From the reviews, developers said they were not being listened to and that it wasn't a cohesive environment.

I never said otherwise.

I'm not grouping them together, the developers were put into a bad situation that should have been made easier, such as wasting time developing tools for the custom engine instead of using an established engine as one developer had stated, meaning they couldn't spend time programming the game.

Broadly speaking, wasn't referencing your post mate, just the unified staff bit. Sorry should have clarified.

Clearly you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. Easier said than done to simply find another job that pays the bills with record high inflation and cost of living. Match that with an extremely small Australian industry, itā€™s just not doable. Hard to change career paths that can keep you afloat if you donā€™t have income to keep your head above the water mate.

Clearly you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. Easier said than done to simply find another job that pays the bills with record high inflation and cost of living. Match that with an extremely small Australian industry, itā€™s just not doable. Hard to change career paths that can keep you afloat if you donā€™t have income to keep your head above the water mate.
Yeah and I'm sure the guys working at BigAnt are on a tremendous wage lol. Christ, it's as if these guys can't simply do anything else.

Yeah and I'm sure the guys working at BigAnt are on a tremendous wage lol. Christ, it's as if these guys can't simply do anything else.
Of course they can do something else, but itā€™s easier said than done. You act like they can walk into any industry that pays similar wages and land a job easily. This is not a reality, it takes years to complete game design courses and similar paying jobs are the same.

Of course they can do something else, but itā€™s easier said than done. You act like they can walk into any industry that pays similar wages and land a job easily. This is not a reality, it takes years to complete game design courses and similar paying jobs are the same.
I'm not talking about them never going back into the gaming industry lmao

What the **** are we even arguing over? I said they're all incompetent and wouldn't mind seeing the whole company go down in flames. The rest I don't particularly give two shits about.

They have a very high turnover anyway.

Thats all she wrote gang! Clearly the big fella thinks the game is playable, enjoyable and profitable enough to put down & leave their customers in the dark until next year šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ surely not many think it still couldnt use another 5 patches.
Without the continuous improved stability updates this game is doomed

Thats all she wrote gang! Clearly the big fella thinks the game is playable, enjoyable and profitable enough to put down & leave their customers in the dark until next year šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ surely not many think it still couldnt use another 5 patches.
I doubt it made any money, so they're probably just gonna move on from AFL altogether, instead of trying to repair the game. Would be shocked if there's a sequel, they probably wouldn't change much if they produce one similar to Cricket 24.

I doubt it made any money, so they're probably just gonna move on from AFL altogether, instead of trying to repair the game. Would be shocked if there's a sequel, they probably wouldn't change much if they produce one similar to Cricket 24.
Itā€™s sad to think how much we all hated the fact that WW took over with AFL Live 2 and now we hate that BigAnt took over with AFL 23.
Evo 3 could have been the best AFL game yet šŸ˜¢

Edit: On another note, and mods feel free to remove this part if not allowedā€¦
My boss and I have started our own YT journey. Completely unrelated to AFL atm but weā€™re hoping to get a podcast going next season. ATM, youā€™ll find gameplay of NBA, Rainbow Six and COD. My Boss has made some Reddit story videos too. Essentially weā€™re just trying different things to see what works and what we enjoy.
Please go ahead and check it out in your spare time !
Open to any and all constructive criticism and will not block or attack those who do leave such feedback šŸ˜œ
Link: https://youtube.com/@RoastedTV_RTV?si=x67Wc7RPLjkBqfzB

First and last plug if it lasts šŸ¤£
Cheers guys !

Last edited:
Is there really any point them releasing a patch for a game during the off season when hardly anyone is playing it ?

I imagine theyā€™ll continue to work on it in the background and release a big patch for the 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back