Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty sure JNT has said that the game has been worked on in the background over the off-season.
There's a tweet that showed them doing photogrammetry, likely they're only interested in list updates, probably to fulfil their contractual obligations with The AFL.

No updates for this to make it half playable yet?

Feel for those content creators that would have mapped out half a year of content with this game to be let down big time.

Genuinely sad to see the reputation of this company down the drain.

Come off it. How much more deliberately could they have shunned their customer base and given everyone the cold shoulder? Not to mention their boss bagging out people on multiple social media platforms. Self-inflicted narcissism to the max.

Come off it. How much more deliberately could they have shunned their customer base and given everyone the cold shoulder? Not to mention their boss bagging out people on multiple social media platforms. Self-inflicted narcissism to the max.
The guy compared BA to 2K and EA.

Even if your not a wrestling fan I dare you to have a look at this years game that is due to come out, they have managed to add around 3 or 4 maybe more new match type features. This game has quality models of the stars and has the depth of modes to back it up.

I love NBA 2K but I only play it for Eras mode I don’t bother with the online side of it but even that game has a lot of depth when it comes to what you can and can’t do.

Granted it was their first AFL game in a decade , sure they got a face scan or two right on the money and stadiums but they missed on the game play and the biggest miss was the depth to the game. The last I saw it was unplayable in season/ career modes due to the errors and lack of depth to a season.

I was still seeing people load up the sides with stars, stupid trades were being done. At least on 2K you don’t see Curry or Durrant traded for Jock Landale or Patrick Mills.

I love NBA 2K but I only play it for Eras mode I don’t bother with the online side of it but even that game has a lot of depth when it comes to what you can and can’t do.

Same! If only AFL could ever replicate eras mode! Probably not gonna happen but that sort of depth is what we all want in a management mode.

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy compared BA to 2K and EA.

Even if your not a wrestling fan I dare you to have a look at this years game that is due to come out, they have managed to add around 3 or 4 maybe more new match type features. This game has quality models of the stars and has the depth of modes to back it up.

Granted it was their first AFL game in a decade , sure they got a face scan or two right on the money and stadiums but they missed on the game play and the biggest miss was the depth to the game. The last I saw it was unplayable in season/ career modes due to the errors and lack of depth to a season.

I was still seeing people load up the sides with stars, stupid trades were being done. At least on 2K you don’t see Curry or Durrant traded for Jock Landale or Patrick Mills.
Not only is it barebones gameplay wise, I don't know if I've ever played a game with worse user commands, that's what is incredible about all this, and they just abandoned ever trying to properly fix it.

And apparently this was announced on his Twitter account as a reply to someone asking questions about AFL23 updates.

No big announcement on the Big Ant Twitter account, No update on their forums or other forms of social media. Just a random reply to someone. Glad to see that that trademark Big Ant communication hasn't changed...

Do we believe the narrative still that the wrong version was uploaded to release or was the game at its best state on the day of? I’d like to know the truth despite the fact we’ll never hear it probably.
No. If the wrong version was uploaded surely it wouldn’t be difficult to upload the correct version.
It was lies to give people hope and make BA money. People held onto the fact that it would be getting fixed.
Instead they dragged it on for months adding small patches that barely fixed anything.

Last edited:
The fact that management mode is nothing more than 23 "play now" games is the biggest disappointment for me.

They had to get at least one game mode in there fully completed, either manager mode or pro team, as just playing single games over and over is going is one of the reasons the player base dropped right off.
Fair point but AFL Live 2011 was as bare bones as you could get and it had a player base for years. Largely because the gameplay foundation was much stronger than 23s

Fair point but AFL Live 2011 was as bare bones as you could get and it had a player base for years. Largely because the gameplay foundation was much stronger than 23s
Live 2011 with all its flaws had some smart design, such as the on the run goal mechanic and the push in the back/high tackle mechanics, interceptions worked as they should. Not to mention the user commands were great from day 1. I wish BA's second AFL game was just a sequel to that base game.

Stark contrast in this "announcement" compared to the same time last year. We were full of hope this time last year, except for the odd few that already had an inkling things weren't working out. This time we're all this fella - burnt out and just hoping there are no more disappointments. Have fired the game up a bit more lately and noting more and more bugs; for some reason now my players are just instantly spoiling and not trying to mark unless I really hold triangle. Eager to see what gameplay changes they are going to implement

1709067279991.png

Love that Rossco does not give timeline or rough date that patches may be released. So realistically Ross wouldn't be lying if these patches etc. came out anytime this year.

Love that Rossco does not give timeline or rough date that patches may be released. So realistically Ross wouldn't be lying if these patches etc. came out anytime this year.

Essentially proving that the only time the truth gets told is when its vague or completely indirect. Worked really well for them last year 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back