Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FKW2eqT.png

The video screens work (occasionally) and also appear pitch black in the stadiums.

Omb5jTO.png

Let the Eagles get a bit of a lead, before I decided to destroy them :p

Wait for the final North player to get the ball, now I don't know about you... but whenever I am a link in a transition play I always run backwards when I get the ball to showboat!

Tommy Hawkins would be proud of this miss

Last edited:
just played the game for the first time at a friend’s house, on at least 5 occasions a player was tackled to the ground with the ball, and couldn’t be tackled by anyone else or dispose of the ball (implying a ball up should happen)… only for the player to get straight up and continue like nothing happened. over 3 weeks since release, how has this not been fixed yet?
This doesn’t need to be fixed, players get up if you don’t hold down the tackle button, you’re essentially holding them down to the ground.

Just like in reality, if a player tackled an opponent but doesn’t hold onto them until the whistle then the opponent will get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This doesn’t need to be fixed, players get up if you don’t hold down the tackle button, you’re essentially holding them down to the ground.

Just like in reality, if a player tackled an opponent but doesn’t hold onto them until the whistle then the opponent will get up.
I initially thought this might be the case because it would happen (and still happens) to my brother a fair bit when I play against him (even he insists he holds tackle and doesn't let go) but it also happens to me once every few games where I'm definitely holding down the tackle button and not letting go. The player gets pinned to the ground for 2-3 seconds and then my player will automatically let go as if a ball up has been called except is hasn't and the player with the ball just runs off.

I initially thought this might be the case because it would happen (and still happens) to my brother a fair bit when I play against him (even he insists he holds tackle and doesn't let go) but it also happens to me once every few games where I'm definitely holding down the tackle button and not letting go. The player gets pinned to the ground for 2-3 seconds and then my player will automatically let go as if a ball up has been called except is hasn't and the player with the ball just runs off.

Can confirm this as well!

One thing I noticed also, but also could be me not paying attention, but does l2 and tackle actually produce a different type/style of tackling?
Just tried it a few times online and it certainly doesn’t seem to do anything different.

Can confirm this as well!
I can also confirm.

There's a size limit on here and Big Ant's support page for uploads, so it has to be in a lower bitrate, roughly 500kb-1mb per second.
Regardless of the reasons, you don’t tell someone they’ve got “NFI” simply because they post low quality content.

Absolutely ridiculous comment from a grown individual but I guess we shouldn’t be surprised.

Last edited:
Not sure if anything has changed on the last patch BigAntStudios but the centre bounces were an absolute killer tonight.

Played Port in a play now game, on hardest, and lost by around 80 or 90 points. I was lucky to even score.

99% of their goals came from the exact same centre clearance set play, ruck taps it down to their rover, my guys physically can't tackle. My wingers have run 20m the opposite way, easy handball over the top to their free winger, inside 50, mark, goal. rinse and repeat.

Tried all types of hit out combos but couldn't get anything to work.

Possibly this is a user error thing.

Might drop it to Hard tomorrow and see if that changes anything.

Not sure if anything has changed on the last patch BigAntStudios but the centre bounces were an absolute killer tonight.

Played Port in a play now game, on hardest, and lost by around 80 or 90 points. I was lucky to even score.

99% of their goals came from the exact same centre clearance set play, ruck taps it down to their rover, my guys physically can't tackle. My wingers have run 20m the opposite way, easy handball over the top to their free winger, inside 50, mark, goal. rinse and repeat.

Felt this too, but it's always the opposition half forwards that are free. Played against Collingwood and every play was like

Cameron to Daicos to Elliot or McReary who can either score, or pass to the other one who will also be free

Also contested marks for AI are a bit strong, but maybe they're also too strong for players? Marking in general feels a bit overpowered!

It's not all bad, handballing feels good, tackling feels... better.

What does everyone use for player switching? manual/auto/semiauto?

Either I've gotten too good at the game or its too easy. Hardest isn't even a challenge. Can out mark the AI constantly. Goal kicking is still too easy

Had this issue a few days ago in online and found a bit of a fast fix - try using your fastest midfielder in the rover position (I think, whatever midfield slot is right next to the ruck). They almost always set up as the player behind your ruckman and can shut down quick breaks like that sometimes - found it worked for me. Have a play around with it till you get a player you like

Is the game at a point where I can start a season or should I wait?

Haven't played in weeks, the complete stuff around by BA and the glitches have put me off completely.

Either I've gotten too good at the game or it’s too easy. Hardest isn't even a challenge. Can out mark the AI constantly. Goal kicking is still too easy
See this is exactly what fascinates me. Someone like Michaels finds the hardest really difficult atm and you MundysMum find it easy.
Surely the way the game and the AI plays can’t be different amongst some people. 🤷🏻

Is the game at a point where I can start a season or should I wait?

Haven't played in weeks, the complete stuff around by BA and the glitches have put me off completely.

Depends what you want out of it really. The gameplay is probably a bit too easy for some as the games simply being patched so frequently - the management mode itself though probably is still a little bit scratchy.

See this is exactly what fascinates me. Someone like Michaels finds the hardest really difficult atm and you MundysMum find it easy.
Surely the way the game and the AI plays can’t be different amongst some people. 🤷🏻

I've found that the game still can't decide how difficult it wants to be. I played multiple games over the last 24 hours, some games I dominated on easy and hard..... I got belted on the same difficulties as well. A total head scratcher as to why.

At first I just thought the programming had the easiest coding under hardest and hardest cofing under easiest. But I'm not sure as the results flip flop too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back