Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own i guess.
Very true.

Personally, Iā€™d rather be able to handball where I aim, not be overtaken by a player 10m behind me and be paid frees when Iā€™ve held players in a tackle for 30secs.

These to me are game breaking and make the game a chore to play.

Very true.

Personally, Iā€™d rather be able to handball where I aim, not be overtaken by a player 10m behind me and be paid frees when Iā€™ve held players in a tackle for 30secs.

These to me are game breaking and make the game a chore to play.
Your frustrations are legitimate, but I'm not getting that stuff too much on PC, if at all... 5-10 seconds max for players held in tackles?

The game didn't crash at all yesterday and today crash after crash after crash when trying to record West Perth v Claremont, it's unplayable

so i had to take a screenshot instead for now

not playing until the the game is 100% stable

Attachments

• AFL 23_20230530124750.jpg
    AFL 23_20230530124750.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 83

The game didn't crash at all yesterday and today crash after crash after crash when trying to record West Perth v Claremont, it's unplayable

so i had to take a screenshot instead for now

not playing until the the game is 100% stable
Where is it being played? Is it a custom stadium?

After almost three weeks of almost daily patches, and with issues from day one still prevalent, single matches have lost their lustre and people have been trying to play what should the the more in-depth management mode, only to find the cupboard bare. So I think most opinions on the game have merged into one: resignation and disappointment.

Mods have also been hot on the case šŸ‘®ā€ā™‚ļø

Gamers have short attention spans and the next big thing is always just around the corner. Attention has probably shifted to Diablo or whatever.
My thoughts exactly. How do they expect to break even if they needed pro team to work, but haven't released it almost a month after launch. Fat chance people are going to willingly spend money on a mode that hasn't been released yet, and it's clear the popularity of the game itself is dropping quickly.

Mods have also been hot on the case šŸ‘®ā€ā™‚ļø
And don't you forget it.

Car Chase Police GIF

Agreed with the first part but mostly in terms of its fluidity/visuals more than the actual mechanics themselves. Yeah Iā€™m giving Red Dead 2 another run through now, should take my focus off AFL for a few weeks at this rate.
These days most of my Red Dead playthrough is just forcing my kids to sit down and calm down by watching as I ride around, train watch, fish and hunt. Have an immense love for that game and world - enough for me to actually play online (I rarely play online games at all - only really that and Fallout 76 back in the day).

Even I havenā€™t been on it for a few days! The gameplay is looking good but until the depth around career mode arrives, I may have to stay off apart from the odd play now game as I donā€™t play online.
Hopefully management is complete soon or I worry even the most positive of posters like myself my lose patience and drop off altogether.

The lack of depth with Management mode is something I feel would have been there even if the game was released without the bugs and glitches. When Ross stated that single player career was gone due to the focus being on Pro Team it was an indication then that depth of management mode is pretty much where BA was going to leave it.

Yeah this concerns me.

For me the gameplay isn't strong enough to play a gameplay-focused season mode - it's enjoyable, but it's hard to back-to-back-to-back play this game. I will pour hours into a mediocre management mode game, as I can get myself into it. This mode offered up is really, really, really bare bones.

I've tallied the absent or broken management features that either a) were present in Wicked Witch's games or b) are aspects of AFL23 that don't work:

• no gameplay injuries
  • broken subs
  • free agency is inaccessible and you can't search up out-of-contract players/free agents anyway
  • no sort options in most menus
  • no average options in menus
  • all-australian team is 18 players and doesn't accurately reflect the performance of the players
  • no suspensions
  • auto-interchange setting doesn't allow any manual interchanges, where AFL evo 2 did.
  • player archetypes are present but not incorporated at all
  • out-of-contract older players give no indication that they want to retire
  • no way to see league-wide injuries
  • no way to see the line-up of the team you're playing against
  • 2023-listed players don't progress (or regress) year-on-year
  • no way to easily find your salary cap
  • selection screen stats for the players aren't correct and don't reflect a player's in-game stats
  • no way to sign delisted free agents that i've found
  • no training aspect
  • no mid-week coaching aspect outside of team selection
  • no ability to change a player's number
  • mid-season draftees automatically are #0 until the end of the year

The management mode in AFL23 is bizarre - you can trade future picks, sign relatively complex contracts, draft state-league players who are actually real-life players, have seriously injured players move to an inactive list to open up list spots for a mid-season draft. Delisted players occasionally move to a state-league team after they're delisted, which is great as they can be picked up again.

But as I've listed above, there are so many features, low-hanging fruit in my view, that aren't put in. And that's a failing, as previous games produced by worse game developers have given us these options and features.

AFL23 for me is an objectively better game than Evo 2 re: gameplay, graphics, volume of artwork, development, animation etc. The level of care there should be applauded and I really appreciate the mighty effort put into these features. But I'll be honest, I had a more entertaining time developing a managed team in AFL Evo 2.

Yeah this concerns me.

For me the gameplay isn't strong enough to play a gameplay-focused season mode - it's enjoyable, but it's hard to back-to-back-to-back play this game. I will pour hours into a mediocre management mode game, as I can get myself into it. This mode offered up is really, really, really bare bones.

I've tallied the absent or broken management features that either a) were present in Wicked Witch's games or b) are aspects of AFL23 that don't work:

• no gameplay injuries
  • broken subs
  • free agency is inaccessible and you can't search up out-of-contract players/free agents anyway
  • all-australian team is 18 players and doesn't accurately reflect the performance of the players
  • no suspensions
  • auto-interchange setting doesn't allow any manual interchanges, where AFL evo 2 did.
  • selection screen stats for the players aren't correct and don't reflect a player's in-game stats
  • no training aspect

The management mode in AFL23 is bizarre - you can trade future picks, sign relatively complex contracts, draft state-league players who are actually real-life players, have seriously injured players move to an inactive list to open up list spots for a mid-season draft. Delisted players occasionally move to a state-league team after they're delisted, which is great as they can be picked up again.

But as I've listed above, there are so many features, low-hanging fruit in my view, that aren't put in. And that's a failing, as previous games produced by worse game developers have given us these options and features.

AFL23 for me is an objectively better game than Evo 2 re: gameplay, graphics, volume of artwork, development, animation etc. The level of care there should be applauded and I really appreciate the mighty effort put into these features. But I'll be honest, I had a more entertaining time developing a managed team in AFL Evo 2.
I totally agree. AFL23 is way better than evo 2. Management mode is the last hurdling that's stopping it from being great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't have nothing nice to say about the game, don't say it at all... There are people in this forum who actually enjoy the game and are very much appreciative on what BigAntStudios and the team have been working on to get it to this state, at least give them credit when its due.

What a boring place BigFooty would be if it was nothing put platitudes regardless of quality.

If you don't have nothing nice to say about the game, don't say it at all... There are people in this forum who actually enjoy the game and are very much appreciative on what BigAntStudios and the team have been working on to get it to this state, at least give them credit when its due.
But that's the thing, so many people on here have been! Apart from the trolls, we are grateful for the patches and constant work. For some reason however, whenever we point out a fault now, we are the trolls? I'll never pretend that this game doesn't have issues. Its is illogical that for some reason, if we post something that we want fixed, we are shut down, called names and bullied!

Ugh at this point I'm gobsmacked. This thread is just pure toxicity from both sides. I've tried being reasonable. I'll be leaving, this game needs to be fixed, and I'm hopeful that if the community keeps pushing it'll be the greatest afl game of all time. I'm leaving. I hoped posting on here and giving my feedback would be a great chance to make a difference but clearly there is just too much divide.

Yeah this concerns me.

• no gameplay injuries
  • broken subs
  • no suspensions
  • no training aspect

The list of fixes here is pretty much where Iā€™m at.
Happy with the game progressing but the longer such a key mode like management takes to get right I worry will lose peopleā€™s interest.
Thereā€™s only so much fun I can with with play now.
Get those things right and Iā€™ll sit on this game for months no doubts but right now itā€™s just lacking the depth that was promised.
Great work fixing it so far but management is desperate for a boost to keep a good number of people invested.

But that's the thing, so many people on here have been! Apart from the trolls, we are grateful for the patches and constant work. For some reason however, whenever we point out a fault now, we are the trolls? I'll never pretend that this game doesn't have issues. Its is illogical that for some reason, if we post something that we want fixed, we are shut down, called names and bullied!
Mate, be real - if the trolls like or agree with every statement you make, and very few others do, you know where you sit.

Ugh at this point I'm gobsmacked. This thread is just pure toxicity from both sides. I've tried being reasonable. I'll be leaving, this game needs to be fixed, and I'm hopeful that if the community keeps pushing it'll be the greatest afl game of all time. I'm leaving. I hoped posting on here and giving my feedback would be a great chance to make a difference but clearly there is just too much divide.
just use the ignore button on the people you think are toxic, if they don't exist you wont see their posts, as funny as it is to read their contributions to this forum. There are people in this forum that talk about the game.

Yeah this concerns me.

• no gameplay injuries
  • broken subs
  • no suspensions
  • no training aspect

I have sent through a list of additions through Bigant support that would give management mode that depth, most of which you have listed above.

The free agency period and lack of any ability to sign said free agents astounds me.

Evo 2 had an inbox which was quite handy. Provided injury updates, suspensions etc.

If the career mode is as deep as BA wanted it to be, what did they think would keep people playing the game?

I like the game
I want to love it but the glitches and bugs make it hard to do so.

That said the commentary that came from my screenshots of thrashings against the AI made me laugh (and if Matrix were here... he'd laugh too /Commando reference).

I've finished 1st in the regular season as North Melbourne and am finals bound, but after that ? I'm unsure what my next step will be - I'll most likely have a few games here and there to test out any gameplay changes. Like others I feel the game is pretty bare, I can pretend to aim for back to back, threepeat/fourpeats (ala Evo/Evo 2) but it's not the same when starting from scratch each time.

I want to play at least 1 game with full length quarters just to see how many goals I can score (and have my George Costanza moment in the sun).

But beyond that ? I might return to an older game (I play ARF on the nes every few months!).

Glad to have played AFL '23, but just as glad to have NOT paid for it :p

Has there been any updates on progress made to Management mode? Or if there's a time timeline for management mode to be improved? Do we even know if it will get better or is this just how management mode has always been planned to be? This is basically the only mode I play AFL games for, so have been waiting a month almost to play the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back