Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing all of them. Having said that, Weddle did his ACL in the preseason when I continued from the draft to preseason selections - but Hustwaite and Ward were both after featuring in a game
What happens when your playing a game and an injury pops up, as I'm curious?? :)

Hi all, recently bought the game (Steam version) and a mate who's a BF regular suggested I post my feedback on this forum as it's become the pseudo Big Ant forum.

To start with, the very first one off game i played, lost commentary near the beginning of the third quarter, and after never returning, it finally crashed mid fourth quarter (playing 7.5 minutes).
Wasn't a great start.

Booted up again and played another match, this time no lost commentary/crashes, and actually held on to win a low scoring but close match.

Credit where it's due - the graphics and players look amazing! I love being able to identify who I'm playing as when weighing up marking ability/running speed.
And the tactics which have just arrived are a great start (hopefully with more customisation to come!)

I have already found a few frustrating things after my first 5 games (all stand alone, offline matches).

- while I do enjoy the hustle and bustle of realistic stoppages, getting rid of the ball before being tackled is near on impossible. I'm trying arms up but 99% of the time i still can't get rid of it.
The AI just need to have their tackle distance reduced and reaction time increased and i think all this would be solved. (could sliders possibly be added for users to set their own balance?)

- having played pretty much all the previous AFL games, I'm a huge fan of "behind the kicker" view, as it allows so much more control of the ball when in possesion.
But for this to be effective, the speed at which the camera swings on turnovers needs to be user controlled (Evolution 2 did this with speed sliders), and there also needs to be an option for panning the camera, mainly after a mark. Right now switches in this angle are suicidal rolls of the dice.

- Speaking of hitting targets, I'm finding when i have the ball across the half back line after a mark, there's a massive void between me and the half forward line. There's quite often no one from either team on the wings calling for the next kick. The tactics don't seem to effect this.
Targeting also seems a bit weird - when I hold the target button and then flick around with right stick, it selects a player, but i can't work out why as i go to kick, quite often the target players circle goes orange and i shank the kick badly (quite often over my shoulder and weird stuff).
It would be great if targeting and locking on leads to a team mate turning and hard leading to empty space <- this would be an amazing improvement if possible!

- As much as i want to win every rick contest, there are so many occasions I would love to instead play as a mid while the ball is thrown up, especially since the mods show very little to no movement while the tap happens. Some jostling and bumping would be great by the AI along with some separation, but I'd love to have the option to play a a mid in those bounces.

- Back to tactics, I read just prior to this post that Dpad tactics are coming, but it would be great if shorter term tactics could be implemented, so after taking a mark or free kick, I can call for a player to lead up, or motion that I'm doing a down the line kick.
And more team tactics like icing the clock and go from broke would be great for certain obvious occasions.

Apologies for the long post, having quite a bit of fun playing this game, and hopefully some of these issues and ideas i've mentioned can be implemented to make it a much more in depth and balanced game :)
I’m just here to say Dr Kelso says get back to work 🙊

Also, have you seen Dorian?
How'd you find me up here?

Also, not sure why it didn't post, but my original post was a thank-you to the devs for what's becoming a fun game to play, and a bit of feedback on my experience so far. (here's what i wrote):

Recently bought the game (Steam version) and a mate who's a BF regular suggested I post my feedback on this forum as it's become the pseudo Big Ant forum.

To start with, the very first one off game i played, lost commentary near the beginning of the third quarter, and after never returning, it finally crashed mid fourth quarter (playing 7.5 minutes).
Wasn't a great start.

Booted up again and played another match, this time no lost commentary/crashes, and actually held on to win a low scoring but close match.

Credit where it's due - the graphics and players look amazing! I love being able to identify who I'm playing as when weighing up marking ability/running speed.
And the tactics which have just arrived are a great start (hopefully with more customisation to come!)

I have already found a few frustrating things after my first 5 games (all stand alone, offline matches).

- while I do enjoy the hustle and bustle of realistic stoppages, getting rid of the ball before being tackled is near on impossible. I'm trying arms up but 99% of the time i still can't get rid of it.
The AI just need to have their tackle distance reduced and reaction time increased and i think all this would be solved. (could sliders possibly be added for users to set their own balance? This could also help with me making more than 5 tackles per match! )

- having played pretty much all the previous AFL games, I'm a huge fan of "behind the kicker" view, as it allows so much more control of the ball when in possesion.
But for this to be effective, the speed at which the camera swings on turnovers needs to be user controlled (Evolution 2 did this with speed sliders), and there also needs to be an option for panning the camera, mainly after a mark. Right now switches in this angle are suicidal rolls of the dice.

- Speaking of hitting targets, I'm finding when i have the ball across the half back line after a mark, there's a massive void between me and the half forward line. There's quite often no one from either team on the wings calling for the next kick. The tactics don't seem to effect this.
Targeting also seems a bit weird - when I hold the target button and then flick around with right stick, it selects a player, but i can't work out why as i go to kick, quite often the target players circle goes orange and i shank the kick badly (quite often over my shoulder and weird stuff).
It would be great if targeting and locking on leads to a team mate turning and hard leading to empty space <- this would be an amazing improvement if possible!

- As much as i want to win every ruck contest, there are so many occasions I would love to instead play as a mid while the ball is thrown up, especially since the mids show very little to no movement while the tap happens. Some jostling and bumping would be great by the AI along with some separation (and perhaps up to 2 taggers doing what they do best), but I'd love to have the option to play as a mid in those bounces.

- Back to tactics, I read just prior to this post that Dpad tactics are coming, but it would be great if shorter term tactics could be implemented, so after taking a mark or free kick, I can call for a player to lead up, or motion that I'm doing a down the line kick.
And more team tactics like icing the clock and go from broke would be great for certain obvious occasions.

Apologies for the long post, having quite a bit of fun playing this game, and hopefully some of these issues and ideas i've mentioned can be implemented to make it a much more in depth and balanced game :)

What happens when your playing a game and an injury pops up, as I'm curious?? :)
Nah hasn’t happened in-game, just after the game in team management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back