Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stuttering running issue when players recieve loose balls or handballs is so absolutely game breaking for me, hope it can be fixed ASAP because I feel goalkicking has improved a lot since launch, whereas the stuck in the mud issue which has returned in the last 2-4 weeks has gone backwards

BigAntStudios did I make your list after my previous posts?
share jericho GIF

Playing the Steam patch, with the context of the history I think we're in a good place right now, somewhere in the middle.

The two for me at the moment are being able to control where you handball (it feels like radial selection doesn't do much) and defending feeling unbalanced. By that I mean I can lay four or five tackles for no reward and then get pinged for holding the ball because I didn't instantly handball in the middle of a pack in front of goal. Or equally as likely you lay three or four tackles but the last one is from behind so they just kick a goal anyway.

But I guess above all this is the hope that playability no longer regresses with a new patch. Shifting to a slower cycle is hopefully the magic bullet we all need.

I must be asleep at the wheel, I knew you could customise things but to that scale ? That's impressive, love the retro scoreboard ANDDDDDDDDD the 50m on the arc instead of the Telstra logo!!!
Yep, definitely asleep at the wheel :D
Whilst some on here have been whinging about silly things like gameplay and tactics, Big Ant have been hard at work tweaking things like the 50m arcs for those of us who are trying to expand the game past simply AFL23 and more of an Australian Rules Football 23 experience.

Bare in mind, I'm not simply some sort of cheerleader on here, the game has definitely changed and Big Ant have shown to me that they are prepared to take on constructive feedback and suggestions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst some on here have been whinging about silly things like gameplay and tactics, Big Ant have been hard at work tweaking things like the 50m arcs for those of us who are trying to expand the game past simply AFL23 and more of an Australian Rules Football 23 experience.
Was this a joke or am I missing the sarcasm or what? Is this AFL23 or AFL Stadium simulator?

Gameplay should be paramount above everything else, period!

When will we get a timeline of these features added?

I'm at the stage where I don't even care about timelines, just an acknowledgement of issues and that they will be fixed.

We still don't know what Big Ant consider bugs or deliberate design decisions, or what they consider feature complete or what will still be worked on and improved going forward.

It's not asking for much.

Or equally as likely you lay three or four tackles but the last one is from behind so they just kick a goal anyway.

The worst is laying multiple tackles in a row where there's ample opportunity to get a free.... but no result. But when you finally get the ball, take 3-5 steps before getting caught yourself and get a free against you!!

Iā€™ve been away for a week, and just played the latest on PS5 (so not the latest that Steam has).

Some real positives in the game now.
  • Tackling while kicking. Getting a real mix of outcomesā€¦ with animations mostly sticking. Sprayed kicks, dropping the ball, strong kicksā€¦ I think this has come a long way.
  • Advantage Rule - good to see the play stop when thereā€™s no real advantage.
  • Spills - maybe more because it was in the rainā€¦ but I saw quite a few spills in contests, which was good.
  • Speccys - a few extra animations that look quite slick.
  • Control/Responsiveness- I had some brilliant moments that felt really responsiveā€¦. But still some others that didnā€™t. Still an improvement though.

70 Richmond tackles last night for 1 HTB Iā€™ve been told!
Havenā€™t fact checked so could be wrong!
Sounds like theyā€™ve nailed the realism šŸ˜‚
If that 1 was the Jimmy Webster one, that was barely even there (given the conditions)ā€¦
Very inconsistent umpiring last nightā€¦ including the deliberate decisionsā€¦ strange, strange umpiring.

The game ever gunna get fixed
  • players turning circle is shocking
  • opposition first to the contest every time
  • canā€™t tackle them inside D50
  • way faster then you
  • teleporting tackles when you are out all the time
  • canā€™t even send one behind the ball (Afl evo did)
  • could go on and on, has potential but itā€™s still unplayable itā€™s laughable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jai Newcombe wants to hug it out with the opposition!

** Found it amusing that the "tackle" opponent tackle animation started a second before actually approaching the player with the ball**
I've tried uploading the clip 3 times but it cuts off the first 2 seconds at the start (arms outstretched with back turned before running to the player with the ball).

Since the patch the AI seems to take longer to "decide" what to do after taking a mark (not just shots for goal, but general play too) or kicking in after a behind. You can cry out "realism" which is kind of true BUT with how fast paced the game already is (ignoring the laws and physics of real life footy as well) it's just strange that its happening after the recent patch.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back