Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm certain they're counting their losses and moving on. I sent Steam some reading material from The ACCC, so I can recoup my losses on this.
There will be a sequel, they know, you know, I know the game has potential to flourish. Theyā€™ve had a rough start but they havenā€™t invested in Proteams for nothing. It will continue.

Chuckinho next time youā€™re in there, can you also find out how many Diet Cokes they have in the fridge, what color the carpet is and the rough breakdown of hair color of the art department? Thanks
I live in Sydney so I'm unlikely to be down there again for another tour anytime soon.

The fridge was very well stocked. I had lemonade. The carpet was carpet tiles and the art department doesn't have hair, it's a department. It did have fruit tingles though and some really conversation hardworking creative types, talented animators, precision modeler, determined programmers and hardworking testers. I'd apply for a job there except that the commute would be a killer and I really enjoy my current employment.

361216784_3068592316782610_1123287567859049157_n.jpg

Last edited:
How many were working on it? I was doubting there will be a sequel.
Quite a few across a number of "departments" across three floors and in the lunchroom of course.
Bit confused by what you mean in your second sentence having past and future tenses in there, but at their end, the language is very much about building the game for the long team.

Can you play an online match ps4 vs ps5? Me and a mate are trying to play but itā€™s not working and I swear it was cross-play

I know this is also nit-picky, but how do you change your ā€˜nicknameā€™ on a created player? I made myself but canā€™t change my commentary name so huddo calls me ā€˜McPharlinā€™. Have another whoā€™s called ā€˜Stewartā€™. Am I being stupid? šŸ˜‚

I think its working now. I played my mate last night, though I do have both versions of the game, I swear I was on the PS5 version and he only has a PS4.
I tried it last night with my mate, I only have the PS5 version and he only has the PS4 version and it didnā€™t work. When I invited him to the game it said he had the wrong version of the game. When he invited me it wouldnā€™t let me join a game session, instead let me view details of the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the best way to stay safe and not give out 50m penalties is to not "rapidly" change players according to BA. Another user error.

So the best way to stay safe and not give out 50m penalties is to not "rapidly" change players according to BA. Another user error.

They are definitely correct in saying that (not saying thatā€™s how it should be) as the only time i seem to give away 50s is when I change my player from whoā€™s on the mark (imagine that). Iā€™m still having heaps of AI controlled players on my team and opposition run through the mark which doesnā€™t trigger a 50 so itā€™s clearly only controlled players giving away 50.

Has anyone ever had the AI trigger one for you? If not itā€™s 100% only user controlled that gives away 50s. As itā€™s kinda only been introduced is this update hopefully the next one the AI will actually give away 50s to.

Of course the AI not running through the mark would be ideal... and I hope they're working on this.
But then, say you have an AI running around the kicker (down), and you switch to them pressing a different direction to what they're running (left and up)... then that'd bring the player into the area and give away the 50m.

Not sure what other options there would be to overcome that other than 'don't risk changing the player'...
Or maybe, Change player, without pressing a direction, and have them run the way they're going for a moment?

Don't press buttons
Hard to see vision on a replay (?)
Don't press buttons

Lol
My interpretation of the response is that it makes perfect sense.
If you have a player within the protected area which you are in control of, you will be pinged a 50m penalty. Therefore, if you see that there is a player standing next to the kicker, and you are silly enough to change the player you are controlling to that person, you will be penalised.

Lol :huh:

Approaching late July, any word from BA on Xbox? Itā€™s been four months since the initial release date.

Yeh i mean, weren't they aiming for late July?
Also, wasn't it a delayed shipping issue, where the copies didn't arrive in time, back in late April?
Four months on, i hope it wasn't express post.

I'm a fan of Big Ant as they make good sports games, the cricket games, AFL Live, RLL, Tennis etc, but consider me shocked by some of the things that have occurred without much explanation for AFL23.

Maybe next patch they'll try and line it up with an Xbox release date, hoping for you guys.

Yeh i mean, weren't they aiming for late July?
Also, wasn't it a delayed shipping issue, where the copies didn't arrive in time, back in late April?
Four months on, i hope it wasn't express post.

I'm a fan of Big Ant, but consider me shocked by some of the things that have occurred without much explanation.
It was never a shipping issue. It was always an excuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back