Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They probably paid a whole bunch of money to Champion Data to rate the players too.
Could have used their data to make the game-play legit, CD have all the stats and data to show exactly and precisely how teams plays modern football.
I could have rated the players better than whatever CD dished up, and then to make it completely un-editable is blasphemy for a sports game.
That whole champion data debacle was a massive kick in the guts. Getting what I'm assuming is the prime (or is it only?) AFL stats/data analysts to create the stats for the players sounded amazing in principle because we knew we were getting realistic interpretations of the players; then we found out how OP some teams/players were, and got told "nah mate they do not want you touching their stats" and we rely on the ultra confusing progression rates. I've played a good 300+ hours of career mode in this and still have no idea how it works - only real pattern I've seen is that if a player over 30 doesn't play almost every week, they'll drop down to 40-50 in the offseason instantly (eg. I traded Luke Bruest, 87, to GWS in the 2026 trade period and 2 months later he'd dropped down to 37 OVR)

I've played it. It's not perfect but it is still being patched/updated regularly. There is a 2024 update coming out in April.
Regularly? The last patch was nearly 6 months ago and the game has barely improved since its launch.

Regularly? The last patch was nearly 6 months ago and the game has barely improved since its launch.
They're talking about Australian football coach

Edit: nvm I see now, that's not had an update for a bit

Nah good call out. I was talking afl 23. My mistake.

Yep was talking about AFC. The dev took time off over the off season to work on other things but it was regularly updated throughout last year. I know people are interested in a game like that and it's the only one that's still in active development so it's better than nothing despite some flaws. I'll support it as it scratches an itch AFL23 can't, and I'd love to see it succeed!

Yep was talking about AFC. The dev took time off over the off season to work on other things but it was regularly updated throughout last year. I know people are interested in a game like that and it's the only one that's still in active development so it's better than nothing despite some flaws. I'll support it as it scratches an itch AFL23 can't, and I'd love to see it succeed!
Same here. If it succeeds and can offer a good amount of customization like Out Of The Park Baseball. I've got my replacement for Footy Fanatic FX for the virtual league I run. :p

Considering how long they’ve been working on these patches for, it’s baffling that we still don’t have anything. I mean I guess they want the patches to coincide with the release of the 2024 update which imo would be silly because who knows what other issues they could bring on. Should be trying to save the game ASAP

Considering how long they’ve been working on these patches for, it’s baffling that we still don’t have anything. I mean I guess they want the patches to coincide with the release of the 2024 update which imo would be silly because who knows what other issues they could bring on. Should be trying to save the game ASAP
They are struggling trying to save 2 other titles as it is. Won’t surprise me if no update even for team lists comes before the season is well underway.

Come off it. How much more deliberately could they have shunned their customer base and given everyone the cold shoulder? Not to mention their boss bagging out people on multiple social media platforms. Self-inflicted narcissism to the max.

Ross and BA in the AFL Live 2011 and Don Bradman 14 era were amazing. Incredible public outreach. Games made by and for people who love the sport. Not perfect, but every aspect of the game was done for the right reason. Their cricket games are hanging in their but obviously their AFL games are, IMO, dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross and BA in the AFL Live 2011 and Don Bradman 14 era were amazing. Incredible public outreach. Games made by and for people who love the sport. Not perfect, but every aspect of the game was done for the right reason. Their cricket games are hanging in their but obviously their AFL games are, IMO, dead.

I was there for one of the early AFL Live playtests and even though Ross was full of himself, the game delivered and was well received. None of what you said answered my question. Reputation is everything in an industry like gaming. How stupid do you think Ross would look now having bagged out WW, its employees, us customers on social media and his newest game turns out being absolute trash that couldnt succeed his arrogance? Pretty dumb. If Cricket bombs out as a franchise they’re as good as gone.

I was there for one of the early AFL Live playtests and even though Ross was full of himself, the game delivered and was well received. None of what you said answered my question. Reputation is everything in an industry like gaming. How stupid do you think Ross would look now having bagged out WW, its employees, us customers on social media and his newest game turns out being absolute trash that couldnt succeed his arrogance? Pretty dumb. If Cricket bombs out as a franchise they’re as good as gone.
The worst thing is that unfortunately, it now seems to be the norm for BigAnt.
Every title they’ve released in the past few years has been absolutely cooked at launch.
You’d think they’d learn from past mistakes but obviously Ross’ ego is beyond repair to even care at this point. Scam after scam and he shows little to no remorse, instead hides behind what’s on the back of the box instead of what he promised the community

Last edited:
You’d think they’d learn from past mistakes but obviously Ross’ ego is beyond repair to even care at this point. Scam after scam and he shows little to no remorse, instead hides behind what’s on the back of the box instead of what he promised the community
God knows how this company hasn't had a complaint lodged against them.

Surprised it’s even getting a patch tbh. I assumed AFL and BA would’ve torn up the contract.
I mean, They haven't announced a date yet and knowing what they've said about Pro Team and not delivering it, One part of me thinks they're just saying they're going to have a patch just so people won't sue them but not actually release it.

It's the part of me that thinks this entire thing is a cruel joke to scam AFL fans out of money but Ross and BA haven't exactly proven that wrong.

Seriously, We thought Tru Blu were very bad at communication during the AFL Evo days, Big Ant make them look like the world's most transparent company by comparison.

Honestly, I am massively surprised the AFL haven't torn up the contract. This game and how Big Ant have handled things damages the AFL's reputation in the Video Game landscape and any future they may have in it and that damages a potential future stream of revenue for the league.

Last edited:
I mean, They haven't announced a date yet and knowing what they've said about Pro Team and not delivering it, One part of me thinks they're just saying they're going to have a patch just so people won't sue them but not actually release it.

It's the part of me that thinks this entire thing is a cruel joke to scam AFL fans out of money but Ross and BA haven't exactly proven that wrong.

Seriously, We thought Tru Blu were very bad at communication during the AFL Evo days, Big Ant make them look like the world's most transparent company by comparison.

Honestly, I am massively surprised the AFL haven't torn up the contract. This game and how Big Ant have handled things damages the AFL's reputation in the Video Game landscape and any future they may have in it and that damages a potential future stream of revenue for the league.

There could be any reasoning behind it all that we the fans don’t even know about. The silence since the patches last year is interesting. Ross was a very good with fan communication for AFL Live era and the first part of AFL23 but I’m assuming something lead to keeping that all in-house forums instead.

There are probably good reasons for the quietness, and you can always speculate, but I’d suggest the focus is on the bigger market games first and if possible work on the AFL updates.

You wonder if maybe BA expect that the publisher should be assisting on this as well, not sure.

But yeh, I think a message on the state of the game and future intentions of the game would help ease anticipation by people who want the game to be good and to prosper, eventually.

So, you do wonder if it’s simply in limbo as a current product and maybe they will look at a future game instead, not sure.

There could be any reasoning behind it all that we the fans don’t even know about. The silence since the patches last year is interesting. Ross was a very good with fan communication for AFL Live era and the first part of AFL23 but I’m assuming something lead to keeping that all in-house forums instead.

I couldn't disagree more. He was present around here but he never actually added value, just told people what they wanted to hear (and derided others who called out the lack of substance of the claims) and then vanished as soon as the game came out and he could no longer hide behind the empty platitudes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back