Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ā€¦and I bet there were approvals that needed to go through with it.

Remember, people complained about how long it took to release that videoā€¦ 50 hours from the delay announcement, for a video under 3 minutes long.

There would have been approvals in there for sure.
Haha hang on....you mean the video of Pro Team menu required the AFL to approve? Who do you think at the AFL is employed as a video game content reviewer? You really think they wouldn't defer the expertise on video game content to....you know....a video game developer?

It looked a lot better than what we got day 1ā€¦
I mean, youā€™re right but that couldnā€™t have been hard.
They also claimed that the version at the launch night was an earlier build and the game was far superior to that.
Whereā€™s the footage of that gameplay ?
Obviously something went wrong between launch night and the release day, but they donā€™t do themselves any favours.
The way I see it, the launch night footage is exactly how the game was at the time. People said it looked shit, BigAnt claim it was an earlier build. Probably spent that extra month or 2 to add as much as they possibly could in attempt to make the game look slightly better than their launch night version. Tried to do too much in a short time and broke the game.
Speculative ? Yes. But it would be naive to believe they actually had a better build than their launch night considering what weā€™ve seen in the past 13 months

Haha hang on....you mean the video of Pro Team menu required the AFL to approve? Who do you think at the AFL is employed as a video game content reviewer? You really think they wouldn't defer the expertise on video game content to....you know....a video game developer?
Your complete lack of understanding of how any approval process on any level in licensing and or publishing is outstanding, congratulations!

Pink Panters on TikTok says he went in today and has recorded some pro team footage, videos to come

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty amazing that they got approval for a small time streamer to go in yet couldn't just put out anything themselves. Almost as if it's a flimsy excuse with no basis in reality.

Your complete lack of understanding of how any approval process on any level in licensing and or publishing is outstanding, congratulations!

Geez there are some morons in this thread. I've worked directly with the AFL for a number of years and I can absolutely guarantee you that JNTs video never went to them for approval.

Would they have given feedback/guidelines for aspects of the game? Most likely.

Would they be controlling Big Ants marketing of the product they've been approved to make? Absolutely laughable.

Do you also think the AFL also approve every Sportsbet ad that showcase AFL odds? Maybe tell Browny what to put in his SGM?

Pretty amazing that they got approval for a small time streamer to go in yet couldn't just put out anything themselves. Almost as if it's a flimsy excuse with no basis in reality.

Unfortunately gonna have to wait for PP to run his video by Dillon before we get to see it

Pink Panters on TikTok says he went in today and has recorded some pro team footage, videos to come

Iā€™m happy for him to get that experience & hopefully he liked what he saw! But in saying that, why the hell are Big Ant so piss poor at doing their own promotion lol

Geez there are some morons in this thread. I've worked directly with the AFL for a number of years and I can absolutely guarantee you that JNTs video never went to them for approval.

Would they have given feedback/guidelines for aspects of the game? Most likely.

Would they be controlling Big Ants marketing of the product they've been approved to make? Absolutely laughable.

Do you also think the AFL also approve every Sportsbet ad that showcase AFL odds? Maybe tell Browny what to put in his SGM?
Totally agree - there are LOTS of morons in this thread! šŸ˜˜

For anyone who is interested here is some further info on pro teams and how it all works from my visit today!

No capture footage, just me talking over the already existing video they put out.

For what it's worth the game modes are really cool and I think a lot will like those.

The ability to only quicksell your cards is insane to me
NBA 2K ditched the transfer market this year as well which was interesting.

I don't mind it either way, no transfer market at least means people can't just load up on coins and hand pick their side which is nice ha ha.

the amount of goated teams in EA FC who had done that was insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speculative ? Yes. But it would be naive to believe they actually had a better build than their launch night considering what weā€™ve seen in the past 13 months
Launch Night would have a snapshot/release that was probably a few weeks old.
They wouldā€™ve used the most stable, recent build, which may have not yet got a few features in it that were either still in the works, or just finished.

It wouldnā€™t have been drastically different, Iā€™ll give you thatā€¦ but remember the first version we played?!?! Not anything like Launch Night or what we have now.

I still don't see how the hell there is any interest in a new game mode when the gameplay is so awful.

Also isn't Pro Team only meant for online play? Does anyone actually play this online?

Probably the most disappointing video game of all time for me. I was a huge BA fan and was crying for their return after the tripe WW served up, and we arguably got something worse.

The ability to only quicksell your cards is insane to me, sounds dodgy, effectively making it pay to win

Spend Money on points to open packs to quick sell for coins to spend on more packs

Unbelievable system

Also isn't Pro Team only meant for online play? Does anyone actually play this online?
Nup. The video mentions the Coach Battles and maybe other modes are vs AI. Maybe thereā€™s some online play modes associated too, but it doesnā€™t have to be.

But sounds like you need to be online for your XP/Coins etc to sync to their servers.

So a whole bunch of grindy modes that are going to need to be adjusted when the dedicated player base is about 50 users a week after launch. Can really see the 18 months of work here, resources well spent.

I give it a month before it is being held up entirely by Xtreme playing across his 7 different copies šŸ˜‚

So a whole bunch of grindy modes that are going to need to be adjusted when the dedicated player base is about 50 users a week after launch. Can really see the 18 months of work here, resources well spent.

I give it a month before it is being held up entirely by Xtreme playing across his 7 different copies šŸ˜‚
Spot on.

Look for those that play it and enjoy it man I hope it works for you and your happy with it but there is only two months of the footy season left for some. Not a great time to be releasing it, probably better off if they did this at the start of the season when the hype is stronger.

I've said this times before but from my limited play time whether you are Max Gawn or Ivan Soldo makes no difference to how the game goes or if your Tom Hawkins or Levi Casboult. The season's I simmed it was Kieran Strachan who won the brownlow and there were 6 ruckman in the top ten.

If this card game mode has no clear cut difference in the result or how the game plays it will be an epic failure and that is the huge worry with this. Are you going to notice a difference if you spend money or grind to get a legend like Kouta or Buckley and they don't play any differently to any other cards. I can say in NBA there is a difference in the way some of the players play but personally I have found all the shoe's and attributes cards have done stuff all to how I experience the game. I have only briefly tried WWE version of this mode and I can't say I notice a difference between players/cards.

Personally I think these modes are just what they are a cash grab they get people sucked with flashy cards for show and the "overall" of the card is overrated.

Last edited:

Its only 2 copies
And remember I got it on pc for free so its not like I added another floor to the Big Ant HQ!!

Its quite humorous to be one of a "current" player base of like 20 for the week. Haven't seen recent steam stats, not sure what the real figure is lol.

Spent so much money scanning players and footy ovals, they can't afford basic webcams to do streaming videos to preview their games!

Good positive feedback that was expected...

I've said this times before but from my limited play time whether you are Max Gawn or Ivan Soldo makes no difference
I disagree. I think I see a huge difference when playing against Gawn. He wins almost every hitout.
Not sure about the other positions that much... but for Rucks, or Marking Forwards.... there's a noticeable difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back