Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noticed applying tackle pressure has been a lot more difficult in Proteam than my management career.

My thinking is that it's probably because my Proteam lineup is pretty shit compared to the teams I've been playing, whereas in management mode it's more even.
I reckon this is all part of how
people are saying it feels harder now.

Like you said, the higher skilled teams are harder to beat.
Youā€™ll see it the opposite way now with the new Coach Battle Featured XP game against all rookies. I found them pretty easy to beat on difficulties that I struggled with against full AFL sides.

Did anyone else have their performance on PC tank after todayā€™s update? It was so smooth last night, now itā€™s choppy as ****

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just checked, wasn't aware that there was an update and there indeed was lol (96mb). I played it for an hour - didn't seem different to the midweek patch. Granted as I said after playing it initially during the week the game seemed slower paced than usual. Even after spending more time on the ps5 version this week (and jumping on to the pc version again today) there is something going on - the game play is slower on pc for some reason. Not super slow, but when players are normally zooming along (on console) they're merely jogging on pc now. It's weird, I updated the USER/AI running settings (so they should be at the same pace on pc and console)... but it's not.

I also see that the game is on sale on Xbox for 5 more days

Very tempted to complete the holy trinity and buy it on that platform next :p ;) :p

Other observations

1) I've previously heard the crowd cheer during the intro to the press a/x title screen... but it fell silent once it got to the afl title logo................ Ever since the update the crowd now sounds throughout the entire process. Scratching my head with that.

Oh and the game has crashed on me a few times on both xbox and playstation. Playstation is currently doing what it did a while back (well this happened to be on pc, I didn't have the playstation version at the time but I suspect it would be a universal bug) where the game has crashed when there's a boundary throw in deep in the quarter.

I've also had it crash on the AFL splash screen a few times on pc (mostly after scoring transitions).

Last edited:
So there's no legends in "season 1"..

Gotta wait until season 2 in late September to then spend more money...
Such shit tactics by BA

Under the guise of "we're holding off Legends so we can tweak them based on season 1 feedback"
To be fair, the whole point of a pro team type mode is to get you to spend more money. 2k absolutely rinse their customers this way.

Spent a few hours at my cousins place today and he was playing it.

I was pretty impressed with the depth of challenges. I watched him play for a while and he opened a fair few packs that he earnt and none of them had anything worthwhile I think the highest rated card was Tom Atkins at around 85 but everything else was in the low 70 like Jed Walter, Steely Greene, David Cunningham the most notable. He had one ruckman and it was MacAndrew. He got torched in the ruck every single time. He said instead of choosing his mighty hawks as his favourite team he should have chosen Melbourne and hoped to get Gawn.

He was getting smashed in almost every mode against the AI and I think he came up against a user controlled team that had majority green and blue cards and he lost by around 70.

From what I saw I think itā€™s fair to say youā€™d have to spend a fair bit of coin instantly to even keep up with these other sides where people have paid money.

Fundamentally the gameplay is still crap/ poor. Donā€™t get me started on the animations players get tackled and they manage to get a kick off but it looks horrible like dropped to kick left foot and ball appears to come off the knee then float in mid air and then kicked off the right for example. It happened a lot especially kicking on goal.

Defenders still appear from a fair way back and manage a miracle spoil. Granted the game looks less buggy then when I last saw it there just is still so much mess in the game play.

One thing he struggled with was the end to end camera and how it switches, just watching I was thinking Iā€™d be no hope at this, itā€™s almost like you need the clearance kick or miracle handball when you win the possession and the camera changes. Can that camera be changed when youā€™re playing another human user online?

Anyone else notice when controlling the away team that the stupid auto-interchange logic still takes effect? Also seems generally when controlling the away team that thereā€™s major disadvantages and lots more dropped markers, unrealistic tackles from further than physically possible also šŸ˜…šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Spent a few hours at my cousins place today and he was playing it.

I was pretty impressed with the depth of challenges. I watched him play for a while and he opened a fair few packs that he earnt and none of them had anything worthwhile I think the highest rated card was Tom Atkins at around 85 but everything else was in the low 70 like Jed Walter, Steely Greene, David Cunningham the most notable. He had one ruckman and it was MacAndrew. He got torched in the ruck every single time. He said instead of choosing his mighty hawks as his favourite team he should have chosen Melbourne and hoped to get Gawn.

He was getting smashed in almost every mode against the AI and I think he came up against a user controlled team that had majority green and blue cards and he lost by around 70.

From what I saw I think itā€™s fair to say youā€™d have to spend a fair bit of coin instantly to even keep up with these other sides where people have paid money.

Fundamentally the gameplay is still crap/ poor. Donā€™t get me started on the animations players get tackled and they manage to get a kick off but it looks horrible like dropped to kick left foot and ball appears to come off the knee then float in mid air and then kicked off the right for example. It happened a lot especially kicking on goal.

Defenders still appear from a fair way back and manage a miracle spoil. Granted the game looks less buggy then when I last saw it there just is still so much mess in the game play.

One thing he struggled with was the end to end camera and how it switches, just watching I was thinking Iā€™d be no hope at this, itā€™s almost like you need the clearance kick or miracle handball when you win the possession and the camera changes. Can that camera be changed when youā€™re playing another human user online?
Itā€™s funny, the default camera is side on and is easily the best option but Iā€™ve seen a few YouTubers/streamers playing with end to end camera and complaining about it (even though theyā€™ve chosen it)

I will say that skill still trumps all, Iā€™m currently undefeated in premiership challenge and the offline modes and my team is mostly made up of silver/bronze players.

Yeah I was watching the Premiership Challenge #1 player before, and he was on End to End.
Absolutely dominated because of the view up the ground, despite the crappy swing-around on turnover.
I think I just hate that too much, so prefer Side cameras.

Yeah I was watching the Premiership Challenge #1 player before, and he was on End to End.
Absolutely dominated because of the view up the ground, despite the crappy swing-around on turnover.
I think I just hate that too much, so prefer Side cameras.
The swing around costs you precious time when you first get possession and have to wait for it to see clearly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen someone on YouTube pull a 92 diamond Callum mills from a bronze pack, I thought bont was the only diamond?

The swing around costs you precious time when you first get possession and have to wait for it to see clearly.
Can you set the camera to side on during online/ pro team? I assumed you couldnā€™t because he didnā€™t change it. Maybe he didnā€™t realise but yeah if I was playing that camera switch would do my head in big time.

Does anyone else have the weird kicks where the player will drop it from left side then it magically floats in the air the right knee and never makes contact with the foot. It looks terrible live and even worse on replay.

Can you set the camera to side on during online/ pro team? I assumed you couldnā€™t because he didnā€™t change it. Maybe he didnā€™t realise but yeah if I was playing that camera switch would do my head in big time.

Does anyone else have the weird kicks where the player will drop it from left side then it magically floats in the air the right knee and never makes contact with the foot. It looks terrible live and even worse on replay.
Yep, select your own camera angle however you want.

And yes, that left/right ball switch I created a support ticket for ages ago. Itā€™s the kick-while-tackled animation, and it appears as though they only have a right-foot version of it.

For those who play on side camera how do you go about kicking the ball forward considering you canā€™t really see whatā€™s happening down the field?
I try to work the ball to some space first, then look at the radar to see where to kick to.
Also knowing your teamā€™s Forward tactics so you can predict where theyā€™ll be.

I am reading that lots of people are having contract issues. This is not a proteam issue, this is a mismanagement issue or not knowing how to claim all the rewards A few tips:

1.You should not use your elite players for easy/ unimportant games. Example: playing ladder leaders on the easiest mode should only warrant your full team of bronze players. I personally have created an A lineup; B lineup and C lineup.

2. Play all the coach battle options, this is the fastest way to build your squad and get rewards/contracts. I play on medium as a good balance between winning and gaining Xp/FPS.

3. You should be using FPS to pick booster packs, picking the premium or ultimate bronze, silver, gold contract whenever you get a chance when you open a booster pack. If you just get player packs, you wonā€™t get the contracts you need. I tend to average picking a contract at least every 5 picks. As you build your squad, picking contract cards should then end up being more frequent.

4. Make sure you are claiming rewards via level progression and objectives.

If you are doing these things, having no contracts should never be an issue

A lot of the player stats on Proteam are not registering or inaccurate. For example I have kicked many many behinds with Aaron Cadman but when I click on the card details it only shows 1 behind.

Also, it is criminal for Harris Andrews to only be rated 84 with a spoiling attribute of 73šŸ¤£There is no way that Champion Data gave him a 73. We should give CD more credit than that! Big ant, I will fix the player attributes for free if youā€™d just let me.

Last edited:
A lot of the player stats on Proteam are not registering or inaccurate. For example I have kicked many many behinds with Aaron Cadman but when I click on the card details it only shows 1 behind.

Also, it is criminal for Harris Andrews to only be rated 84 with a spoiling attribute of 73šŸ¤£There is no way that Champion Data gave him a 73. We should give CD more credit than that! Big ant, I will fix the player attributes for free if youā€™d just let me.

Pretty sure the pro team cards are scaled down version of the players. For example bont has a 92 rated card but if you go to the in game rosters in the academy heā€™s rated a 93, which is based of CD

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back