Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep same for me. At times the loading is quick and others its snail slow or even crashes out of the game. Iā€™ve seen a few streamers experience it also but I daresay on peak gaming times its happening more than not. So far after a week of Pro Team its been really inconsistent.
Good to know, thanks. On Saturday my kids couldn't load into Fall Guys at all which was 100% an ISP issue (along with not being able to access certain websites/services), so wasn't sure whether this was related or not.

At this stage, you may aswell hold off and try the next game which is probably next year
I seriously can't see them releasing one next year. It took them until now to get this one finished, and it still needs work. Plus they have other games that are still running behind release schedule yet to come out.

It'd feel like a real spit in the face if they turned around now and said "Yeah those improvements you're still waiting for will be another $99.95 thanks". But tbh they kind of did that with DBC 17 once they scored the Ashes license so who knows.

Ladder Leaders needs an overhaul I fear. Played a game on easiest difficulty with 10 minute quarters and win 74.11 (455) to 4.3 (27). For those curious, thatā€™s 92 total scores in 2400 seconds, or one score every 26 seconds or so. Such a slog, and would you believe itā€™s not even the longest match I have to play on easiest difficulty for this ladder? I also had 2 players kick 9 goals, my top disposal getter had a lazy 60 touches, and as a team we won the hitout battle 101-0 (honestly felt like I won 90% of them, not every single one).

Just played my first ladder leaders game and ended up losing 34 - 14 with a considerably weaker team. Butā€¦ I enjoyed it. Was probably the smoothest online experience out of the 4 previous AFL game Iā€™ve had and if this was the state the game launched in I feel like thereā€™d be a lot more good will towards BA.

Just begs the question why they didnā€™t hold off on release until getting to this point.

Apart from that though, gameplay has significantly improved from where it was a year ago and I hate to say it but I may fall back under the hopeful optimism of the next instalment being the one šŸ¤ž

Unable to change my lineup. Claims I have am either missing roles or have duplicate roles, nothing in-between.

Very impressive. Canā€™t save any changes.

Am stuck using the Bont against 70 rated teams.

Unable to change my lineup. Claims I have am either missing roles or have duplicate roles, nothing in-between.

Very impressive. Canā€™t save any changes.

Am stuck using the Bont against 70 rated teams.
You need two kickout takers and two backup rucks I think. It's not communicated all that well though, I kind of just had to figure it out.

Itā€™s on sale on Xbox atm, is the game at least playable now?
I regret.

Played two games so far, itā€™s so brutally clunky. The controls arenā€™t particularly different to whatever the last AFL game game that I played, but itā€™s unresponsive.

Is there a way to get a handball out in a tackle? I keep on getting in unavoidable sequences of ball up, tackle, ball up, tackle. Also, players that arenā€™t being controlled just standing there and not moving during a ball up?

Taking a kick from a mark, I try to look around but my player doesnā€™t rotate with me, I have absolutely no idea where Iā€™m aiming the kick.

edit: On a smaller positive note though, I am impressed by the amount of creative features available, and the plethora of Guernsey and stadium options. Also, the game looks a lot better than I expected, the lighting is actually quite good.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I regret.

Played two games so far, itā€™s so brutally clunky. The controls arenā€™t particularly different to whatever the last AFL game game that I played, but itā€™s unresponsive.

Is there a way to get a handball out in a tackle? I keep on getting in unavoidable sequences of ball up, tackle, ball up, tackle. Also, players that arenā€™t being controlled just standing there and not moving during a ball up?

Taking a kick from a mark, I try to look around but my player doesnā€™t rotate with me, I have absolutely no idea where Iā€™m aiming the kick.

edit: On a smaller positive note though, I am impressed by the amount of creative features available, and the plethora of Guernsey and stadium options. Also, the game looks a lot better than I expected, the lighting is actually quite good.
Itā€™s crazy that all the problems your having I havenā€™t experienced once in ProTeam only in management mode career

Yeah I see absolutely no reason to get banners or songs etc. (only to sell them, I guess if thereā€™s nothing else of worth in a pack).
Iā€™ve also never hosted a game so I might as well sell all my stadiums if I could šŸ˜‚
Just figured out last night that you can sell stadiums. You only get peanuts for them but for something you literally never use you might as well get some coin from it.

Go to My Cards > Club > Press Square to 'Manage Card' > Quick Sell

You only get 125 FP for them but it's better than nothing. Went through last night and cleared all but 1 stadium and any guernseys/logos that I will never use and made a quick ~1.5K.

Last edited:
You can do things depending on the type of tackle being laid, so look closely at the animations.

In addition to this, make sure you're not holding the Sprint button (R2).

Also, you can try a Clearance Handball (L2 and Square) or Clearance Kick (L2 and X), which will work more often but could go in any direction.

Have they made any modes like 2K where it is shorter games or skill challenges yet? Or is everything full blown matches? Limited time I have spent with NBA the great thing has been the variety of 3 v 3 , or the 5 min clutch time games. If your time poor with kids and work life these modes are great.

Have they made any modes like 2K where it is shorter games or skill challenges yet? Or is everything full blown matches? Limited time I have spent with NBA the great thing has been the variety of 3 v 3 , or the 5 min clutch time games. If your time poor with kids and work life these modes are great.
Not that I can see. And my next match on Ladder Leaders wants me to slog through 10 minute quarters on Easiest.

Carn.

For the easiest mode I will just not play for 2 qtrs throughout the match. Go do something else, come back later on and win
Yeah that's about what I decided I'd do when I can be bothered. Probably play the first quarter and pile on the goals and then just pick up the controller again if they get close.

You can do things depending on the type of tackle being laid, so look closely at the animations.

In addition to this, make sure you're not holding the Sprint button (R2).

Also, you can try a Clearance Handball (L2 and Square) or Clearance Kick (L2 and X), which will work more often but could go in any direction.

This is a great video, very informative!! Do you have one with kicking to space? I swear this doesnt actually work when I play šŸ˜Ÿ when Iā€™m rebounding a footy from defence to attack and say running up a wing, Iā€™ll deliberately aim for an empty space, power it up and kick only for it to miraculously head to the next closest contest šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø regardless if I tap or hold kick it always occurs. Thanks mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back